[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I crafted about 12 orange synthweaving legs (Dark Acolyte Lower Robe) and I was unable to get an extra augment slot. I'll keep trying, but it seems to me, at least for this easy recipe, a critical success is really unlikely.

What I was able to do was buy patterns off the GM for lvl 50 gear that I had success with. My focus was the Master Strikers Greaves and Helmet. I can confirm that I was able to RE and achieve a Tier 2 Artifact Status for both of those patterns. The Tier 2 Superior items are Armor Rating 124 putting them just beneath the gear that drops from hardmodes and appear to be the highest lvl we can craft.

was any of those crafts a crit craft getting an augment slot? from what I can see both of those recipes create an already filled orange item, correct?

Is it possible to RE an item (and learn a progression) that has a level requirement higher than you? I've been trying the last two days on my Armortech & Cybertech toons, and the items that have a higher level just aren't RE'ing to a second stage recipe.

So I may have failed and not realized I had this for a week or more.... anyhow on Redoubt fifth proc (was my 1st proc none the less)

Leadership

+presence

+critical

-35def off the blue

(50+res and no veracity kthx RNG....)

------------------------------------------

pics a bit blurry from upload -.-"

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/mastermavrick/iderped-1.jpg

Edited by Mastermavrick

First of all I would like to offer a warning that it appears that any of the patterns learned from the vendor that require 400 crafting and show minimum lvl 49 are not RE upgradable (Dreadnaught, Heavy Exoskeleton, Med-Sentry, etc...) as I have tried with 5 different patterns RE'ing over 100 of each with no upgrade yield for any of them.

Somebody on Space Slug has RE'd one of the Dreadnaught patterns, as I have spied the Artifact versions (tier 1 prefix) on the GTN.

was any of those crafts a crit craft getting an augment slot? from what I can see both of those recipes create an already filled orange item, correct?

I have only crafted a few of each, no result in a crit for an augment yet. But I have not made enough to confirm or deny the ability to create that slot. However, based on this guide and my own experience, then I would think that a Mastercraft would be possible yielding that augment slot.

The recipes that I bought were Prototype (blue). I have, however seen [Prototype] Master Strikers Greaves on the GM as well, with 2 slots for Mods. I am not sure where they came from.

Definitely let me know as I am positive that many others would be interested as well.

I did 100 of the Dreadnaught Gauntlets with no upgrade.

Roger that, will report back in a few hours :) Hopefully they are still up on the GTN.

I specifically remember it though because it sort of surprised me.

So I may have failed and not realized I had this for a week or more.... anyhow on Redoubt fifth proc (was my 1st proc none the less)

Leadership

+presence

+critical

-35def off the blue

(50+res and no veracity kthx RNG....)

------------------------------------------

pics a bit blurry from upload -.-"

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/mastermavrick/iderped-1.jpg

Leadership comes from Critical, not Redoubt, hence why it has less defense, more critical, etc.

Some Enhancements either I have bad luck or just hard to get a blue from, aka the 15 ones like Battle Enhancement (3 stat mixed ones) I RE'd 25 and no blue. Frustrating even did 15 in a row!!! Anything else I've gotten a blue by 10 around close together.

Roger that, will report back in a few hours :) Hopefully they are still up on the GTN.

I specifically remember it though because it sort of surprised me.

Okay, confirmed:

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa443/TE-Dogjutsu/Redoubt-Dreadnaught-Vambraces.jpg

If you don't want to click the link, here's the exact text:

Redoubt Dreadnaught Vambraces

Binds on Equip

Wrists

485 Armor (Rating 126)

Durability: 120/120

Total Stats:

+74 Aim

+49 Endurance

+7 Power

+25 Defense Rating

Requires Level 49

Requires Heavy Armor

Probably a daft question, which i cannot tell has been answered or not.

If i buy a purple crafted item from GTN, and i do not have the recipe myself, if i RE that item. will i get that purple recipe?

I am referring to things like hilts, enhancements etc

I've reached mid 300's in cybertech without doing much RE. I think I'd originally misunderstood and just thought it was a source of raw materials.

My update to the original guide is that ship upgrades are non-RE, that may have been mentioned in the previous 47 pages of posts.

Del, the point is, if you can get better mods/hilts/enchants from the dailies at lvl 50, so can every other player.

So why will they bother spending credits to buy your lower level crafted ones?

It won't mater if they are BoP or Boe, either way, your screwed. If there Bop, people will grind the dalies to get em, if there Boe and they dont want them, they will ah them, making your crafting ones even less likely to be sold.

As for the purple lvl stuff you might, might possibly learn from de. Getting blue schematics to pop is bad enough in cost of mats, either in the time invested to gather or the credits to buy. I am buggered if I am going to blow more time an credits to try for purples. Not when the daily drop goodies are better.

Oh as for the other junk ie the lvl 48 lightsabres. You honestly think anyones going to buy them? When the chances of a better weapon dropping from the pvp gear bag makes it a certanty you will have one within a few tries?

Pray PVP bracketing occurs soon. Then maybe you might sell some hilts or enchants/gems to people making twinks. Even then you better have made purples as the blues are too easy to get from commendations

Okay, confirmed:

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa443/TE-Dogjutsu/Redoubt-Dreadnaught-Vambraces.jpg

If you don't want to click the link, here's the exact text:

Thanks for that update. I will have to retract my statement now that all lvl 49 gear is not RE upgradable.

Of course this leads to the question of which ones are worth it....