Interesting tweet I just saw from Stephen Reid...

OmegaMayhem

Ummm...NO,

And why are these people always talking in code, like its some kind of game they are playing , or protecting the enigma code from the allies.....:mon_trap:

I swear, Reid reminds me of Nero, he Tweets while Rome burns.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking in code? He said lfg and transfers will be coming in 1.3, with one of them coming sooner.

How is that code?

My guess, because he didn't say specifically what was coming or give exact dates.

You and I both know why developers don't give exact dates; it is lost on some of the people around here, however.

Blizzard already has the market in the plam of their hand.

SWTOR is circling the drain, if you can't see the difference, I can't help you.

Yeah circling the drain, like Trion and Turbine and every other developer that isn't Blizzard, your hyperbole is pretty pathetic. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jett-Rinn

Yeah circling the drain, like Trion and Turbine and every other developer that isn't Blizzard, your hyperbole is pretty pathetic. :rolleyes:

When someone doesn't know what they are talking about, hyperbole is the "weapon of choice" to try and make a point that was ignorant in the first place.

Some around here have the art of "hyperbole instead of facts" down to a science.

Trion made Rift on a relatively shoestring budget, their product was profitable. They overcame their missteps quickly, andhave handled the pop contraction. Turbine floundered on their sequel and closed it down. LOTRO was likely profitable and the change to F2P more so.,

Key point: profitable investment.

SWTOR continues to fumble along as retention drops. Until they arrest the decline, I would say yes, "circling".

When someone doesn't know what they are talking about, hyperbole is the "weapon of choice" to try and make a point that was ignorant in the first place.

Some around here have the art of "hyperbole instead of facts" down to a science.

Look up the definition of the word and look in the mirror.

Edited by Puppup

This game has more than enough to keep me happy. The only thing that it needs, as far as I am concerned, is all the extra launch servers closed down and those folks migrated to the remaining servers.

Bioware can even phrase the press release "Extra Launch Servers to be closed now that launch is over". That doesn't even sound as bad as "closing servers", etc.

I did misunderstand you......primarily because people have questioned why the special Asia Pacific transfer was not used for other servers.

As far as I know, it's never been in question that they would use an automated character transfer process for production. Reid has spoken about it several times Automated on their end of things when you submit a request for character transfer. Like here for example: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4175256#edit4175256

Got it, thank you. It would be awesome if it's automated like that, hopefully it will go smoothly.

Not surprisingly, people are always happier on an MMO's forums before the game launches.

Because before it launches the only people on the forums are fans, after the game launches the forums get hit with the general mmo populace. That and the launch crushes people's ridiculous hype expectations.

Not surprisingly, people are always happier on an MMO's forums before the game launches.

I have yet to see a MMO launch where the general discussion forum wasn't all but useless because of all the QQing. I tell myself everything that I shouldn't go to the forums - yet every time, here I am.

Trion made Rift on a relatively shoestring budget, their product was profitable. They overcame their missteps quickly, andhave handled the pop contraction. Turbine floundered on their sequel and closed it down. LOTRO was likely profitable and the change to F2P more so.,

Key point: profitable investment.

SWTOR continues to fumble along as retention drops. Until they arrest the decline, I would say yes, "circling".

TOR is profitable as well and unlike BioWare RIFT doesn't have things like the legacy system to consider so it's taken a bit longer fro the server transfer to be put into place, also the number of servers is due to them listening to the whiners and creating too many.

So TOR profitable investment

Don't start whining "For how much longer!!", you can't see into the future you have no clue what the Devs have planned in the next year, your doom crying basically has no substance TOR will be here for many years to come with or without you.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

'The next couple of weeks.' doesn't sound like a long time to me.

No!!! it wil be three zillion years at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doom!!!!!! Fail!!!! Oh the sky she's a fallin!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Jett-Rinn

I have yet to see a MMO launch where the general discussion forum wasn't all but useless because of all the QQing. I tell myself everything that I shouldn't go to the forums - yet every time, here I am.

i kinda have this way of thinking, tho its general forum i try to say out of. i just find there are more bridges in general than any other sub section, and we all know what bridges attract, but hey ho, here i am checking and ven writing in general

I'm gonna bet that 1.3 is put on the PTS server next Tuesday.

Maybe so but;

• auto group finder
  • server transfers

Group finder is coming in the patch 1.3.

Server transfers are coming in "Early Summer"

"In fact one of those will likely be before 1.3. " means 1.3 won't be live until after the transfers.

Edited by Kourage

Maybe so but;

• auto group finder
  • server transfers

Group finder is coming in the patch 1.3.

Server transfers are coming in "Early Summer"

"In fact one of those will likely be before 1.3. " means 1.3 won't be live until after the transfers.

The only way that the new LFG will work, which will only be same-server, is if transfers are implemented before to cope with low-pop servers.

This is just speculation, but this is the timeline as I see it...

Next week we will see 1.3 put on the PTS server. I 'think' they will do a character transfer for your toons to the server to test the transfer process.

If all goes well with that, I think we will see server transfers opened up while 1.3 is being tested. By the time 1.3 goes live with the new LFG system I hope people have transferred and can take advantage of higher pop servers and the same-server LFG.

TOR is profitable as well and unlike BioWare RIFT doesn't have things like the legacy system to consider so it's taken a bit longer fro the server transfer to be put into place, also the number of servers is due to them listening to the whiners and creating too many.

So TOR profitable investment

Don't start whining "For how much longer!!", you can't see into the future you have no clue what the Devs have planned in the next year, your doom crying basically has no substance TOR will be here for many years to come with or without you.

Do you know anything about investing?

Internal rates of return?

Net present value?

Opportunity cost?

Return on investment?

Edited by Puppup

This makes me sad, transfers is only going to make my server moar dead. Ppl will leave for the top 5 busy servers. What little friends i have left in this game will only dwindle smaller. It would have been great to keep everyone together...

Who is leaving, who is staying?

Why are we being fragmented like this?

What a mess. :(

This makes me sad, transfers is only going to make my server moar dead. Ppl will leave for the top 5 busy servers. What little friends i have left in this game will only dwindle smaller. It would have been great to keep everyone together...

You have to go with them, consolidating all these light servers into one standard would breath some life into those who want to remain.

They will not allow transfers to high pop servers. Free transfers will likely be from low pop to medium pop.