The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Patch 1.24: FINALLY!!! A step in the right direction?

HoyaPooch

omg this made me laugh so hard yet exactly to the point when i read the patch noted i was hmmm ok why??? did it bother anyone??

Yes it did actually. Peopel tabbing trying to target the person in front of them and it would tab to their damn pet.

This has been a trend in this dev team...

The pet caused targeting issues in WZ and PvE group environment??

Logical solution is to have players unable to target pets.

Instead, removing the feature entirely was the easy solution.

So hopefully we can still keep our pets on the fleet. Who knows, that may be removed too if they think the pets are causing too much lag.

Anyone that doesn't like this fix plays on a server where people didn't regularly have their pets out in warzones.

Believe me, when 4+ people had them out, it was truly obnoxious for targeting.

It still is.

This has been a trend in this dev team...

The pet caused targeting issues in WZ and PvE group environment??

Logical solution is to have players unable to target pets.

Instead, removing the feature entirely was the easy solution.

So hopefully we can still keep our pets on the fleet. Who knows, that may be removed too if they think the pets are causing too much lag.

It was not causing any issues in pve targeting, that is why nothing was changed for pve. In addition to targeting it was also being used to make it look like 2 or 4 people were defending an area when viewed from a distance when really it was only 1 or 2.

Those pets were definately OP. Bioware did the right thing removing them from WZs. Now they just need to get rid of those pesky Sent/Maras. They are so OP they should also be removed from WZs, and only allowed to PVE.;)

Yeah, thank goodness for this "fix"!

It kinda sucks to not be able to have our amazing pets with us during warzones, but this quick solution is better than actually messing with the targetting code and taking a chance of breaking something else, not that that's likely to happen anyway I'm sure....Cause god knows it's otherwise ABSOLUTELY PERFECT and in no way in need of a near complete rewrite.....Oh, wait.

Well at least now tab targetting will be a tiny bit less annoying....in pvp....warzone only pvp...

Really I would have rather seen this in the patch notes:

• Hey guys! I'm a programmer for SWTOR and I took an extra long lunch today instead of implementing yet another hack of a "fix" which would have tied up QA and probably been reversed at a later point anyway. I went to the Habit and tried their Santa Barbara Charburger with some frings. It was pretty good!

I miss having my pet in the warzones... but really I don't like the tauntuan I hope there working hard to bring us new and cooler pets...

I want A Gorilla... and when they add the tech I am going to name him Davy... and if they would just let me take him into warzones he could follow me around... for beating up the imp kids who pull on my underwear. And he can take his orders from the talking walnut, so it won't be my bad thing.

Yeah, thank goodness for this "fix"!

It kinda sucks to not be able to have our amazing pets with us during warzones, but this quick solution is better than actually messing with the targetting code and taking a chance of breaking something else, not that that's likely to happen anyway I'm sure....Cause god knows it's otherwise ABSOLUTELY PERFECT and in no way in need of a near complete rewrite.....Oh, wait.

Well at least now tab targetting will be a tiny bit less annoying....in pvp....warzone only pvp...

Really I would have rather seen this in the patch notes:

• Hey guys! I'm a programmer for SWTOR and I took an extra long lunch today instead of implementing yet another hack of a "fix" which would have tied up QA and probably been reversed at a later point anyway. I went to the Habit and tried their Santa Barbara Charburger with some frings. It was pretty good!

What are you talking about? I played the GW2 stress test this weekend and it was absolutely annoying always firing at the thing in the middle of the screen. I found myself saying, "this targetting sucks, in TOR I can target the guy behind me that i can't shoot while doing some crazy contortion, or what if I want to target someone out of range so I can see how much farthur he is away from me rather than the guy standing in front of me wailing away on my face."

No, TOR's targetting is perfect, the only flaw is you cant tab to someone wearing giant shoulderpads. I think they are immune.

And I loved having my pet out, it was the only utility my merc has....