Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Most servers are dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

I disagree. But people will be unhappy if the active population ratio between the #5 server and the #30 server is 5:1. Or worse.

Also disagree. I like light servers - planets belong to me and my wife alone.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you play an MMO, you know about the roll.

I am not going to re-roll my toons on another server as time spent on this one, also the server I roll on could be dead in a month,

This game is great, don’t get me wrong but it needs people to play it with...without them it has 0 appeal.

Rutters

I like this part here, this game is done.

Reminds me of SOE actually, they didn't say much they just released content(NGE) out of the blue.

LOL yeah sony has always been that way, they were that way in EQ1, they never said anything to anyone, but they also didnt have any messes this big that i can remember.

Edited by Mallorik

LOL yeah sony has always been that way, they were that way in EQ1, they never said anything to anyone, but they also didnt have any messes this big that i can remember.

yea one of the wrost things i can remember is parathor despawning half way thru the epic fight lol. But dam i loved that fight.

I rerolled to a server that was pretty healthy months ago. I'm sitting on that server leveling on Balmorra with just 4 other Republic. This server pales in comparison to The Fatman. Nobody will be happy unless they're playing on 1 of the top 5 servers.

correction, one of the top TWO servers. Rest are all dead.

Edited by evildestroyer

They don't want to be like SOE, if I were them, they should just start letting us know the progress of the transfers, People are moving to D3 or Tera or GW2 its getting late now, D3 is having issues with their game right now, swtor has some time, but bioware better do something good quick. Edited by Jonoku

8:55pm on the Black Vulkars, there are 7 people in the fleet and a total of 85 in the /who 1-50.

I re-rolled to Ajunta, but I really don't want to regrind. I've got three 50's on BV and other toons at various levels. Get something done very soon BW.

I will say this though, the Empire population is healthy. There was nearly 85 lvl 50's alone and nearly a 100 of other levels.

Edited by Kromgar

the stubbornness of the dev team is really killing this game.

Give us some info about the ranked warzone you have been doing.

Give us some idea about the process character transfer you have planned.

Devs, how do you guys feel when you see that most of the server is "Light"? if you said that you are trying very hard to keep the players happy, well obviously you are not trying hard enough.

Lack of foresight, and slow to fix the error.

This game has so much potential, and I believe it could grow to be even better.. but the population issues are simply killing this game for so many players. Myself included. I've re-rolled several times, and my latest formerly busy server is now slowly dying as well. There is one heavy server.. and that's a ridiculous ratio with over 110 servers in light status around the clock.

I dunno. Not to defend anyone or anything, but.... it could be a combination of the two as well. Such as, their diabolical plan ran into a snag, which has caught a serious amount of stupid in its net, causing this current situation.

I mean, Im just saying. It doesnt have to be just one. It could be both.

Oh damn, if its both then this game is probably doomed.

-Lack of Communication

-"Soon"TM

Anyone suspect that maybe server transfers are being held back on purpose? I'm almost wondering if we'll see a content patch for single-player content before we see server mergers/transfers.

I mean if I was running this game and looking at the customer concerns, I'd put everything on hold and make fixing the population of an MMO the only priority, its not like its some kind of radical idea. I'd make sure to have someone telling the community "We're on it. Here's an update." I recognize that Legacy causes some problems with transfers, but is it really that hard? Everything about this sounds like the devs are being locked in rooms with commodore 64's and told they need to fix the problem "when they feel like it", but new content is being given the state of the art equipment and the "Go Go Go" treatment.

LMAO, you sir hit the jawa on the head! You are absolutely correct, the final deciding factor for me finally unsubbing was...We should have daily updates for such a large inexcusable problem that should have never existed in the first place. DAILY UPDATES like this :

Example: "We are very sorry about the delay on merging servers, we are working tirelessly to get server merges completed immediately"

Day 2 " Update, we found a few issues but continue to make server merges our #1 priority!"

Day 3 "Update, we hope to have a merging of low population servers by next week, thank you for your patience ..our valued customers!"

its really the best thing you can do to keep your commmunity from burning down the village or just leaving in the dead of the night, never to look back.

OR, you can do this one day and then stay silent "We might have server merges in "early summer" when we get around to it *shrugs* .....dot....dot...dot *crickets chirping* ....dot ....dot....dot *wolves howling*.....*deafening silence*:mad::(:confused:

Even the Asia Pacific servers have taken a blow this past few weeks guys, it's not just the U.S servers.

We can all blame D3 and the other titles that are coming or have just been released, but really, if Bioware consolidated servers, you wouldnt even notice the drop off from players when new titles are released.

Sadly, you now get situations like the OP where he is the only person on his server, well on the fleet anyway.

The day I log in and am the only person playing on my server, well that's the day I unsub, just like I did with SWG.

I dont think bioware cares anymore guys. Pretty sad i have to unsub from my once favorite game.

I have this eerie feeling that they just want to cut their losses and save profits by decision of EA executives and let the game die or go into basic "maintenance mode" with minimal staff and rescources. A winning strategy for them (management) if you think about it, its not cheap to have dozens of talented programmers/devs working around the clock. SWTOR was doomed from the beginning do to EA management, they have no clue when it comes to customer service! ::rak_04:

I am sure a lot of devs just either got fired and or ragequit because of bad leadership and management. I really think most dev team left to another company to greener pastures

There is probably some ******** manager at BW/EA SWTOR branch that is so stubborn and incompetent that he has lost all confidence and respect from his employees and they just ragequit after their friends co-workers were let go do to downsizing. There are numerous possibilities to what the breakdown of this game was.

I think it had many factors, but in the end it comes down to poor management. I seriously think this whole mess was inevitable because of lack of good leadership... the end.:(:mad:

I have this eerie feeling that they just want to cut their losses and save profits by decision of EA executives and let the game die or go into basic "maintenance mode" with minimal staff and rescources. A winning strategy for them (management) if you think about it, its not cheap to have dozens of talented programmers/devs working around the clock. SWTOR was doomed from the beginning do to EA management, they have no clue when it comes to customer service! ::rak_04:

I am sure a lot of devs just either got fired and or ragequit because of bad leadership and management. I really think most dev team left to another company to greener pastures

There is probably some ******** manager at BW/EA SWTOR branch that is so stubborn and incompetent that he has lost all confidence and respect from his employees and they just ragequit after their friends co-workers were let go do to downsizing. There are numerous possibilities to what the breakdown of this game was.

I think it had many factors, but in the end it comes down to poor management. I seriously think this whole mess was inevitable because of lack of good leadership... the end.:(:mad:

I agree totally with your post they have turned this into a money grab dont think they will turn this around hope they

do but cant see it :(

I will say this though, the Empire population is healthy. There was nearly 85 lvl 50's alone and nearly a 100 of other levels.

Good that you're happy, but I'm amazed that you think c200 people represents a ' massively multiplayer' number , needs to be 1000+ IMO. My guild alone used to be 200+.

Edited by Sanxxx

I agree totally with your post they have turned this into a money grab dont think they will turn this around hope they

do but cant see it :(

EA is the BAIN Capital of the gaming industry, they buyout and destroy game dev companies, they are a souless machine

debacle [deɪˈbɑːkəl dɪ-]

n

1. (Military) a sudden disastrous collapse or defeat, esp one involving a disorderly retreat; rout

"The Voters Have Spoken: EA Is the "Worst Company In America" For 2012!"

"There have even been numerous accusations that EA and its ilk deliberately hold back game content with the sole intent of charging a fee for it at a later date. It's one thing to support a game with new content that is worth the price. It's another to put out an inferior — and occasionally broken — product with the mindset of "ah, we'll fix it later and make some money for doing so."

"Now, after years of being ignored and relegated to steerage, game-players have voted to send a message to Electronic Arts and the gaming business as a whole: Stop treating your loyal customers like crap."

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congr...-for-2012.html

"EA today confirmed plans to enact a "restructuring" among its employees, resulting in an unnamed number of layoffs companywide. The restructuring is part of EA CEO John Riccitiello's move toward digital – an initiative that aims to alter the composition of EA's staff from one in eight engineers to one in two."

Funnily, it all boils down to horrible game performance. Think about it, BW actually needed 100 servers in order to spread the load, now players are spread thin across the board.

True, ever since patch 1.2 i had turn turn all of my graphics settings down to VERY LOW setting just to not have constant game freezes and lag and i think they had a bad engine which made coding for an MMO too difficult, why else would it take this long for a simple server merge *shakes her head in disbelief*:t_frown: