When will there be a SERVER MERGE?

gizbug

Yeeep, over the past month i've been running out of patience, Not enough people online anymore to do much of anything, not enough content either, Legacy is a joke.

The server I was on used to be heavy population, now its light, not even standard in prime time anymore, game is slowly dieing out and i just don't have the patience to wait it out anymore. I have 3 months left, but probly won't even be playing next week at all, or anytime after that.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been screaming for them to merg servers for months. nothing.

Now we hear 1.3 is gonna have character transfers... maybe... WTH?!

The servers need to be merged. We don't need you to give us the option to move to another server in trouble that MIGHT be saved by the transfers. Most people who are serious are going to hold out for paid transfers to get on a server they KNOW is going to be healthy anyways.

MERG. Best do it soon too. Like before this free month you've given us runs out. Most people are coasting on that, myself included, and when it's done it's going to be hard to start paying again w/o a clear sense of things being/getting better. Especially hard with the new games coming out this year...

Excellent post and right on I think. However..there are not 1.3 million players now I donot think. Even 500k would be pushing it.

There might be 1.3 mil right now. With everyone that got a free 30 days. After that expires... well no telling.

There are a lot of people still playing, just spread out. There are a whole lot more wanting to play. That are waiting and hoping that BW will make it playable again for them soon. Hard to play an MMORPG with out the MMs... heh.

There might be 1.3 mil right now. With everyone that got a free 30 days. After that expires... well no telling.

There are a lot of people still playing, just spread out. There are a whole lot more wanting to play. That are waiting and hoping that BW will make it playable again for them soon. Hard to play an MMORPG with out the MMs... heh.

If you think there are 1.3 mil players playing you must be living in your own dream world. There are 1.3mil active subs, and i am sure 50% of them arent even playing anymore.

If you think there are 1.3 mil players playing you must be living in your own dream world. There are 1.3mil active subs, and i am sure 50% of them arent even playing anymore.

Well that's what i meant... Active subs w/the 30 free days. Most people coasting on that, like myself, are not playing. We're just waiting to see what's gonna happen. We wanna play... we just wanna play w/more than 20 people...

Server mergers need to happen NOW... not "early" summer whatever the hell that means.

You mean character transfers. ;)

no he means server merges cause character transfers r useless.....

My signature pretty much covers this. I think we do need a merge, with server transfers we may see it logistics of it become easier, but they need to get on this to appease the general community.

No, they don't need to act on the rants of uninformed people who have no clue what a server merge would actually entail or the whining that would ensue because of the problems that would most definitely arise because of it.

Mergers are messy, complicated, and more trouble in both implementation and Internet backlash than they are worth. They are last ditch efforts to save dying games. This game is on the ropes, but it is far from dying.

We've been screaming for them to merg servers for months. nothing.

Now we hear 1.3 is gonna have character transfers... maybe... WTH?!

The servers need to be merged. We don't need you to give us the option to move to another server in trouble that MIGHT be saved by the transfers. Most people who are serious are going to hold out for paid transfers to get on a server they KNOW is going to be healthy anyways.

MERG. Best do it soon too. Like before this free month you've given us runs out. Most people are coasting on that, myself included, and when it's done it's going to be hard to start paying again w/o a clear sense of things being/getting better. Especially hard with the new games coming out this year...

They are not going to merge servers. EVER. Transfers are coming. You can wait, or you can quit. Either way, no mergers. EVER.

No, they don't need to act on the rants of uninformed people who have no clue what a server merge would actually entail or the whining that would ensue because of the problems that would most definitely arise because of it.

Mergers are messy, complicated, and more trouble in both implementation and Internet backlash than they are worth. They are last ditch efforts to save dying games. This game is on the ropes, but it is far from dying.

The only way you're more informed than the rest of the forum posters regarding SWTOR server merges is if you're an employee of Bioware/EA. Based on your attitude and post history I wouldn't be surprised if you are.

And yes we do need a server merge. Your opinion that we don't need one is no more valid than our opinion that we do.

I just want a fricken Que! Bioware is a terrible company. Bragging about how they listen to their customers... pfff. There are more forums than I can possible read cryin out about this topic and they're taking so long that all the guys I play with are quitting.

Hard to play an MMORPG with out the MMs...

This is true. Class action suit imo. If you're going to quit the game anyways, might as well make them pay some legal fees while you're at it. If you're lucky, maybe the guy who streaks on his fleet at night (because he's the only one there) will be an attorney who will work it pro bono!

Simply posting to reiterate to Bioware that this is a huge issue. Our guild on Master Gnost Dural once had 500 members. Now down to 280 listed characters, alot of the missing ones were deleted characters. Furthermore, of that 280 there is probably 30 or 40 who actively play, and of those there are more than a few who have already warned us they are leaving after the free month sub is up; some already have done so.

The large majority of these cases are level 50 players who are unable to do anything of value with thier character. Doing a 16 man (or even 8 man) ops isnt a reality when there are 5 level 50's online in your guild, and only 30 characters in PEAK hours on the fleet - of whom maybe 10 are geared for raids; and half of which dont want to PUG, and I dont blame them.

This is such a huge problem. Whatever PR Bioware is trying to save by making character transfers rather than just bulk server merges ASAP is going to be a much lower ROI in the long term. Every day this goes on its getting worse almost exponentially - tomorrow wont be one day worse than today, it will be much more than that, and it continues on.

Wow man I feel your pain, I wish I could do a 16 man. There is hardly ever more than 10 people on the fleet at once and a server side search only shows 60ish, Love the game, but I think once my free to play is out I'm done. You don't play an MMORPG to play with 2 other people, you play it with 100s

Edited by Thunar

Wow man I feel your pain, I wish I could do a 16 man. There is hardly ever more than 10 people on the fleet at once and a server side search only shows 60ish, Love the game, but I think once my free to play is out I'm done. You don't play an MMORPG to play with 2 other people, you play it with 100s

Same here, feeling your pain. Just did a who 1-50 on empire side on our server and there is a total of 15 people on 4 of which are 50. This is just ridiculous.

There is a total of 217 servers.

Merging some same language servers to get about ~100 different servers would be sufficient.

This is a MMO, playing with other people is the biggest fun factor in the game.

If there are no people to play with, there is no fun.

I have 3 lvl 50 chars on a server which had about 300 players on the fleet when the game came out.

Now there are only about 20-30 on the fleet at prime time.

I rerolled on a server where there are more than 100 people in the 10-13 lvl range and it's a lot more fun.

Even little things like passing players while questing has a big impact on the atmosphere.

Friday evening during what I call peak period of the day on Zaalbar "4 people on Fleet Station". I cant find anyone to do heroics. The guild I was with have all quit and moved back to WoW and other MMOs.. BIOWARE should be listening. Transfer people to other servers NOW (I don't care what server) just get the populations up so there is player interaction OR the game is dead.

There is a total of 217 servers.

Merging some same language servers to get about ~100 different servers would be sufficient.

That wouldn't really be anywhere close to sufficient to fix the situation. As it stands, the vast majority of servers are constantly on "Light" load over the course of a full 24 hours, so there would need to be a more significant merge performed than to simply halve the current number. Fatman is the only server I've seen in the past few weeks with an actual "Heavy" population at any time, and the best you see on a few others (seems to be around 6 or 7) is "Standard" population levels. BioWare need to deal with this situation a lot sooner than they think and in a better fashion than simply providing the ability to do (likely paid) character transfers like they've hinted for this new 1.3 update.

The server I'm currently on (Veela) started as a full/heavy population PvP server and now I'm lucky to see 10 people on either faction's fleet during peak hours. Every planet I've been to with my lower level characters is devoid of life. The most I've seen lately on any given planet is 6 people total, which is basically as good as there being nobody else considering the size of most environments. Because I've enjoyed most previous Star Wars games, and because I had a lot of fun with the large number of players during the beta and the social aspect it provided over the generally boring FPS and shooter games I've played online before, I figured I'd let SWTOR be my first MMO. Basically, the fact that there were heavily populated areas teeming with activity made it seem like the game actually had some life to it. Now I have two months plus a free month left and I'm just ploughing through the class stories as fast as I can to be done with the game. There's just nothing else left to care for because everybody is gone, including 99% of my guild's members, and BioWare's seeming ignorance of the need for some major changes in their server structure is helping the game die an even quicker death. Unless they take some drastic action soon, then yeah, they'll be losing yet another player in me. This game could have been amazing, but if BioWare continue to let things stagnate and just "be" as they currently are, then the game's going to be yet another failure of an MMO.

Basically, that's my long-winded way of saying that there need to be server merges soon or else the game will be completely dead instead of just dead on most servers. The people at BioWare need to open their eyes and actually pay attention to the fundamental problems with their game. Fixing minor bugs and glitches and adding "features" isn't going to do anything when you're hemorrhaging players every day.

Edited by SomeDillweed

Well... 1:24 PM server time.. 2 people on the fleet (including myself... so really.. only 1 other person is on the fleet).

Sigh... I've seriously been contemplating going back to WoW :/ my guild branch on WoW has a lot of friends that I miss and the dead server has done nothing for SWTOR guild growth.. in fact 3 of our guild members unsubbed and we're a tiny guild so this is killing us.

These transfers are coming too late I'm afraid... mergers should have been done in March.

Friday evening during what I call peak period of the day on Zaalbar "4 people on Fleet Station". I cant find anyone to do heroics. The guild I was with have all quit and moved back to WoW and other MMOs.. BIOWARE should be listening. Transfer people to other servers NOW (I don't care what server) just get the populations up so there is player interaction OR the game is dead.

Lol, I logged into Zaalbar Saturday afternoon. There was just me and another player on the fleet. We hung out by the GTN chatting about the sorry state of the server. It was so sad. Zaalbar had a really good population the first two months then just dwindled from there.

Bear with me, as I'm a long winded person at times... (If you don't like TLDR, skip me.)

I'm one of the players who pre-ordered Collector's Edition before launch and paid for a 6 month sub, and was planning to re-up when my time expired, as I've immensely enjoyed the game content I've seen so far...

It took me quite a bit of alt building to get the hang of the game and to feel comfortable building my characters up... (Not a die hard straight to end game content type of person.)

So after starting one server, and building approximately 12 characters (Some got deleted and built again), I swapped servers to try the other faction...and built about another 10 characters.

I then decided I preferred my original faction so I swapped back and since I'd totally mangled those character's crafting skills and commendations, I decided it was best just to start them over, so I rebuilt all 8 of them (Then deleted one more because I'd had enough of that classes inability to tank at low levels...and made one final opposite faction guy.) with the remains of what those characters hadn't sold on GTN previously...

This gets me to where I'm at now, running a multitude of approximately level 28-34 characters...which I've been dumping piles of materials and schematics into their crafting...

With all of this time invested, if I'd bothered to get legacy earlier, I'd probably rival some of these high legacy level folks, but as it is, I'm only legacy 8 now.

I haven't even seen any of the 'group' content (Heroics) on Nar Shaddaa or any planet past it (Except like one or two heroics on Tatooine that I was lucky to find someone to do them with...)

I haven't even done any of the flashpoints or Ops (Don't even know what levels those require.).

But I was finally starting to push my characters up towards end-game, and began to notice a major lack of people to group with (Or that people on the planets were refusing to do heroics/outright ignoring any LFG mentions).

While I do enjoy the class stories, I prefer to knock out the heroics 'as I go' as they sometimes add more story to the areas.

So I've basically bogged down and can't continue unless something major is done about the server populations. (I've literally logged on and been the only person on both sides of my server..granted it was middle of the night...it usually averages 10-15 people with it barely breaking 30 on peak times.)

I started to just sit on fleet and watch the GTN and buy/sell to bide time until things changed, but even that is becoming monotonous, as fewer people on the server means less on GTN. I even started buying cross faction and selling opposite faction so it would flush out both sides economies a little more. (Found a major bug with dressing room previews for cross faction gear)

But I'm now getting to where I don't even want to get on my characters because I can't progress them like I want to, and I don't want to solo them past the planets I'm missing 'group content' on. (Already did on a few characters.)

So this is basically my plea for them to do something about these issues, before I have to just cancel out my sub and move on to a populated game... (Really don't want to go find another game, I enjoy this one.)

I would think I'm what they consider to be a 'core' gamer...the folks they want to keep around...(Ran 5 80's on WoW pre-Cataclysm, and went to LOTRO for a year paid, and have played a few $5/month games..)..but they are even scaring me off lately...

Please do some merges and not just some character transfers!