The Force Café: A Community Hangout

Brosephiine

hulk smash?

also, would you happen to have anything from korriban, by chance? because if you have it, ill take a tuk'ata steak, and for the drink... eh, surprise me. im sure i can handle it. or my guildmates can drag me back to my fury after i pass out.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hulk smash?

also, would you happen to have anything from korriban, by chance? because if you have it, ill take a tuk'ata steak, and for the drink... eh, surprise me. im sure i can handle it. or my guildmates can drag me back to my fury after i pass out.

Yes yes! M1X-A77, give him a drink on my tab!

Before this place gets too crazy, let me just say that we DO NOT want this establishment to go all Starbucks on us. We do not want a third faction in TOR - Republic vs Empire vs galaxy-spanning super franchise.

Let's do our best to keep it (as someone alluded to already) a Cheers-style place where we can have a quiet drink and think after a hard day's grinding, where everybody at least knows your alias, if not your actual name. If I start hearing M1X say "Would you like fries with that?", I swear I'm going to pop Freighter Flyby on this place :mad:

:D

what would be a good name for a bounty hunter team?

"No Disintegrations"?

Edited by DarthRobert

Does anyone here have a "Star Wars" story?

I only got a small one. I must have been 11 or 12 maybe and I went to the movies - this was in a north-african country, when Luke kissed Leia everyone stood up, whistled and clapped. Not all to common to see something like this where I was.

That was sort of my first Star Wars impression :jawa_tongue:

Edited by iRouven

I have a little story too. In 1980-81 just before the release of. ESB they showed "A New Hope" so i got to see them both with in a couple of weeks of each other. I was like 5 or 6 years old and Darth Vader was the scariest thing i could imagine! He scared the crap out of me! But Han Solo was the coolest dude ever I am now almost 40 and Han is still one of my all time favorite characters. I guess his example of coolness under fire and over all swagger really made a big impression on my young mind and has stuck with me even now.......lol

That is also when i figured out the bad guys and.the cool ones (like Han) get the best toys and gear!

Edited by BuckShotSchell

Heres my Star Wars story :) My first exposure to Star Wars was the Ewok movie.. which made me a firm Star Trek fan! That was up until one day I was chatting to a friend on EQ2 and he told me about Star Wars Galaxies and how much he thought I'd enjoy it. Logging into SWG I wasn't too impressed till my friend logged in on his account and took me for a spin on his gunship, letting me man one of the turrets, instantly hooking me on the game.

From there it was all downhill, I played SWG, finally rented all the Star Wars movies and became a fan decades after the movies were released lol. Now I'm here, loving the game, loving the story, though I still miss SWG on occassion, especially my starships and homes.

Does anyone here have a "Star Wars" story?

I only got a small one. I must have been 11 or 12 maybe and I went to the movies - this was in a north-african country, when Luke kissed Leia everyone stood up, whistled and clapped. Not all to common to see something like this where I was.

That was sort of my first Star Wars impression :jawa_tongue:

My mother swears up and down my third word was "Vader". I'm 23.

My mother swears up and down my third word was "Vader". I'm 23.

That's adorable!

Ahem. Was adorable.

Obviously you're all growed up now.

ObSW story - SW was decried from local pulpits when it was first released (all that talk of the Force was clearly Satanism), and because my parents were going through a rather Fundamentalist phase at the time, I wasn't allowed to see it. They took me to see Grease instead. So instead of an age appropriate tale of good vs evil, with amazing effects, I had to sit through a lame musical the moral of which was if you want a boy to like you, you'd best turn into a floozy.

ObSW story - SW was decried from local pulpits when it was first released (all that talk of the Force was clearly Satanism), and because my parents were going through a rather Fundamentalist phase at the time, I wasn't allowed to see it. They took me to see Grease instead. So instead of an age appropriate tale of good vs evil, with amazing effects, I had to sit through a lame musical the moral of which was if you want a boy to like you, you'd best turn into a floozy.

That is one of the funniest things i heard this week! I actualy remember all that stuff about the force being "magic and sorcery ",........ lol

Ah, the good old days, where songs were banned because if played backward, they contained messages of the devil :rolleyes:

I sat through Grease as well, btw. And became a huge fan of John Travolta, or rather, even more of a fan since I already adored him in Saturday Night Fever. Grease Lightning! :csw_redsaber:

glad to see it came over from the "insert catchy title here" thread....

congrats on opening the cafe, ive been offline for a while, but now i know where to hang my hat when i want to chill.

now where did i put that mug of jawa java?

Sad to say, I don't have very many Star Wars stories. However, if anyone is looking for a movie recommendation, I would suggest "Fanboys." It's a touching tale of 5 Star Wars fans who travel to Lucas Ranch to sneak in and get an early look at episode 1 because one of them will die from cancer before its official release. By the title, I expected it to be all "lolbasementdwellernerds!" but it was actually really good, imho.

When Empire Strikes Back, my older brother and I were visiting my grandmother in a small Northern California town. This lumber town only had one movie theater, showing one movie.

Bless my grandmother who sat through the whole movie with us!! What a saint!! She's a very proper woman and sitting for 90 minutes for a sci-fi movie was unforgettable. I will never forget my first screening of Empire!

:csw_atat:

Sad to say, I don't have very many Star Wars stories. However, if anyone is looking for a movie recommendation, I would suggest "Fanboys." It's a touching tale of 5 Star Wars fans who travel to Lucas Ranch to sneak in and get an early look at episode 1 because one of them will die from cancer before its official release. By the title, I expected it to be all "lolbasementdwellernerds!" but it was actually really good, imho.

Awesome movie. I am resisting the urge to start talking about it, but that would ruin it for people who haven't seen it:(

For those of you who had to sit through Grease....you have my deepest sympathies.

Another recommendation. If you (or anyone you know) has the special edition Blu Ray (all 6 movies). I highly recommend watching the bonus disc with the parodies. They are amazing, especially the SNL casting call for Star Wars.

When Empire Strikes Back, my older brother and I were visiting my grandmother in a small Northern California town. This lumber town only had one movie theater, showing one movie.

Bless my grandmother who sat through the whole movie with us!! What a saint!! She's a very proper woman and sitting for 90 minutes for a sci-fi movie was unforgettable. I will never forget my first screening of Empire!

:csw_atat:

Empire was actually the first Star Wars movie I remember watching all the way through.

Then, I sat through the credits and noticed Luke Skywalker was played by Mark Hamill.

Then, I sat through a Batman episode credits and noticed Joker was played by Mark Hamill.

Then my world exploded from all the awesome, and I woke up a week later in a hospital.

Edited by Malles

*Polishes a mug before writing the days specials on the chalkboard*

Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster. "The alcoholic equivalent of a mugging...expensive and bad for the head."

Corellian Espresso with your choice of Bespin Biscotti or Muffin.

Hyperspace Hotwings. "Hot enough to make a wookie cry."

Gamorean Guzzler Beer. "A lost weekend in a can."

Quarreni Albacore Tuna on whole wheat.

And as always, the chefs and baristas take requests!

*takes a manly sip of the local foul swill*

Howdy strangers!

I was minding my own business, crafting some armor, when! Suddenly! I saw a box. A Szerka box, with a name.

Little did I know that this box is a clever disguise! As cunning as a weasel who got a diploma from the university of cunning.

Good job bio ware :)

That's adorable!

Ahem. Was adorable.

Obviously you're all growed up now.

Ugh, I can't stand Grease for that specific reason. I always hated when Grease themes wound up in schools, especially my own. And there were definitely a few. =/ Even in middle school! D<

Also, I've been gone the past few days working on commissions. D: Good to see this thread survives on its own :D

*Polishes a mug before writing the days specials on the chalkboard*

Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster. "The alcoholic equivalent of a mugging...expensive and bad for the head."

Corellian Espresso with your choice of Bespin Biscotti or Muffin.

Hyperspace Hotwings. "Hot enough to make a wookie cry."

Gamorean Guzzler Beer. "A lost weekend in a can."

Quarreni Albacore Tuna on whole wheat.

And as always, the chefs and baristas take requests!

I lol'd. xD