D3 killed the PvP Queue

LordBladewind

lol starcraft. here is a pro-tip: it isn't serious business unless you are in korea.

lol at yourself buddy. You obviously don't know the first thing about the community. SC2 Progamers are everywhere. Are they concentrated in S Korea? Yes. But that doesn't mean they don't have major competition from foreigners. HUK (who was a Code S rank player in the last season of 2011, that means he's top 32 in the world) is from Canada as is Kiwikaki and Drewbie, then you have other Evil Genius guys like Idra, Axslav, Painuser, LzGamer, Sheth, Machine from the US, as well as Naniwa from Finland, Morrow, SaSe and Team Liquid's Haypro from Sweden, and the list goes on.

Foreigners are major competitors and winners at Major Tournaments including MLG Arena and the MLG Pro Circuit, IGN Pro League, Dreamhack, SC2 World Championship Series, ESL Pro Series, Blizzard Cup, World Cyber Games, BlizzCon Invitational, and again, the list goes on.

Last year, the average prize pool for major tournaments (of which there were about 40) was 75K. Foreigners constituted the majority of winners and runner ups by a large margin.

So no, it's not serious business only if you are in Korea.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I thought 1.2 killed the PvP que, glad to know I was mistaken!

I hear fatman is fine which proves everyone else is not telling the truth. WoW did not have pvp at launch so that means pvp in swtor is pretty much ok for now.

All other complaints are obviously a lrn2play issues. Everything is fine, Infact I just read all the people leaving are casual players.

I laugh when I hear about gw2, they dont have lightsabers, and did not copy wow enough. How will you know when to pvp without a daily quest? Lol good luck!

I hear fatman is fine which proves everyone else is not telling the truth.

Neat so 1 server out of how many? And of course that servers been benefitting from other players on the.... less fortunate servers rerolling to theirs. Not exactly what I would call an astounding success myself.

Oh and don't forget Dalborra, that server does pretty good when it comes to aussie prime time. So okay that's 2.

And yes sarcasm is lost on me.

Edited by Calitri

Whatever. Honestly I feel like D3 has appeal for everyone who either had an active WOW account or who played D2 or D1. I cant really see how its gonna get past that demographic because as far as mmorpg's go, is it even really one? I mean technically yes but the only times I have scene something like D3 is drakensang online or bloodline champions and I always figured that they werent first person because they didnt have the budget to make a game like Starwars TOR or WOW so they did this birds eye view of everything. Im not bashing here though because its personal, I dont like D3 in the same way I dont like racing games though of course both have people that really enjoy it.

SW The old Republic on the other hand was my WOW. I had never played an mmorpg before this and have played every single night since pre acess almost, sold my xbox, and am now gonna be a mmorpg player for life. I feel like that is the kinda of power a game like this can have on people, but seriously I dont think D3 is even on that level. Games like guild wars 2 or secret world look really cool, and as mmorpg players I could see why people who like this game would like those but I dont get it really for D3, its just totally different yo.

Sadly, D3 didn't do it. It was dwindling smaller every day since 1.2 came out. D3 just gave those still clinging to the game a reason to stop.

Sadly...if yer not into swtor just leave rather then act like you either care or don't care. Some of us still love this game , thank you very much. Same goes for all you negative nannies.

Edited by vsalcedo

Havent noticed any real change on my server (luka sene) yesterday, where pvp mostly starts arround midday and ends arround 1am, and that timescale for pvp hasnt changed much for many weeks now.

I surely am hoping for cross-server as soon as possible ofcourse but i also remember the early days of pvp in WoW and its not nearly as bad (at least not on luka sene).

If you go to the Official D3 forums you will see what is happening you will see how D3 is really far away of being gold. They have more complains that in the SWTOR forums (what seems hard to believe, but yes, its true).

If you go to the Official D3 forums you will see what is happening you will see how D3 is really far away of being gold. They have more complains that in the SWTOR forums (what seems hard to believe, but yes, its true).

ofc they do they got more player and just came out not many left on tor to complain or forums :p

me personlay im not interrested in d3 no pvp waiting for secret world or gw3 to come out if nothing has been done to the dead servers till then its bye bye

Edited by mamosh

2 weeks ago ~ 160-300 ppl on fleet(~20+waiting for daily reset)

the last 2days ~ 25-35 ppl on fleet(~2waiting for daily reset)

wazones pop slower day to day,you have only ~1 active warzone on my server,so you play with and vs the same pll all the time(+big que times)

Edit: since you face the same with the same,most warzones end the same way 6+win or 6+ lose,which side has the better team wins all

Edited by gwrtheyn

I don't think D3 is THAT popular, not compared to TERA and GW2, I've played D1 and D2, not at all interested in D3.

I dont get the hype either, i really think the Diablo games are the most boring games ever made.

But, yes they are THAT popular.

Edited by davidpop

With a shovel.

Or at least that's the rumor around.

Personally, i have played both D1 and 2, and don't have the slightest interest in D3, not even as a single player experience.

ToR feels like a single player game on my server. I was scrolling through the list of servers game wide and 90% of them seem to be headed down the same path as mine - dying. Yes, even the PvE servers are dying, wonder why.....

Damn, diablo franchise did not age well .... I'm watching Kripparian and other streams on twitchtv and it looks like d3 should have come out 5 years ago. Who knows maybe PvP will elevate D3 but right now how is that game gonna hold people attention for a long time ??

Look ! Any new hot title will draw gamer's away from any game whither its a mmo or not.

ME3 took players from ToR for a period of time, fleet population dropped as a result., that's only to be expected. So they all came back then 1.2 hit.

My fleet at peak times saw a sudden drop in player base quing for pvp as an example, and its got worse since.

Now that D3 is out, lastnight times for waiting for PvP was just rediculous. Once folks finnish D3 or get fed up with it just like any game, GW2 and TSW will probabaly be on the scene.

So, if anything dramatic is too happen 1.3 better deliver as they say "The Goods". Cause so far, its been one giant build up for 1.2 then followed by a swift lul of disappointment from start too finnish, Cause, now like many of you I now need to think carefuly with my wallet. As for multiple rolls of chars etc, tiered and fed up and already lost interest.

In short: Yeah other games are gonna steal players away from ToR, and yeah ques will be longer. If 1.3 is another disaster like 1.2, i guess my wallet will be tellin me go to else where like many of you. It's got the potential to be a great game, but also so do others, and I guess time will tell.]

Edited by KassKass

Damn, diablo franchise did not age well .... I'm watching Kripparian and other streams on twitchtv and it looks like d3 should have come out 5 years ago. Who knows maybe PvP will elevate D3 but right now how is that game gonna hold people attention for a long time ??

think of d2 and how long it had attention.

People complain that swtor looks like a 2005 MMO, and then go buy a 12 year old game with updated graphics. Looks like Blizzard could sell dog crap and people would still be glad to buy it and eat it.

Call of Duty franchise? Recycle the same content, release new games that are more like "patch updates" and call it a brand new game and make billions.