should have had kotor 3..

Sarfux

honestly..they REALLY should have. The latest graphics. Everything. LucasArts was even working on it and had to layoff people cause they were doing bad cause of the economy. It got put on "hold". Should have had a kotor 3 :( QQQQQQQQ

I like to play by myself. Not people :) Not a people person! lol. Sorry..rambling. There has to be SOMEONE that feels this besides me. kotor 3 anyone?

So we can have a bunch of idiotic entitled players bash the ending and call for a "Reclaim KoTOR 3" movement? No thank you. Let KoTOR 3 remain in limbo to avoid the same fate as Mass Effect 3. Let the entitled gamer die out alone and bored and a new generation of respectful, well mannered gamer crops up.

I'm getting really tired of this "entitled" nonsense. Of course we're entitled. In every other form of business transaction, the customer is "entitled" to the product they were promised. Why should video games be any different?

At least with SWTOR we all had a pretty good idea what we were in for. We even got a 30 day trial period and a semi-public Beta. That being said, SWTOR was not KOTOR III, but perhaps there is some way the latter might still be made, but the events of SWTOR would have to be retroactively declared Non-cannon. Its a mess, I know but it is a small price to pay for creating the game many of us wanted to start with. The MMO has run its course. The only way to squeeze more money from this IP is to just make KOTOR III already.

Edited by darth_asinine

Dude, KotORs 1 and 2 were alright games but honestly, what would KotOR 3 be about?

In KotOR 1 they had a war and a hellovalota jedi got killed and the galaxy was wounded--LA and BIO bought a shovel and chose a spot to dig.

In KotOR 2 there was yet again another war and what was left of the jedi got killed, save a few, and the galaxy was practically dead--LA and BIO dug a hole and hours later realized they couldn't get out.

So i ask again.... what would KotOR 3 have been about?

Why can't everyone just be happy with the new storyline and forget the past? :rak_02:

Dude, KotORs 1 and 2 were alright games but honestly, what would KotOR 3 be about?

In KotOR 1 they had a war and a hellovalota jedi got killed and the galaxy was wounded--LA and BIO bought a shovel and chose a spot to dig.

In KotOR 2 there was yet again another war and what was left of the jedi got killed, save a few, and the galaxy was practically dead--LA and BIO dug a hole and hours later realized they couldn't get out.

Why can't everyone just be happy with the new storyline and forget the past? :rak_02:

Obisidian made and wrote Kotor 2, the even had ideas for a third one and begged to do it.

Uh what? Because the storyline they were doing wasn't finished. Kotor 2 ended on a cliffhanger promising a new conflict was about to being. That's what it would have been about.

Uh what? Because the storyline they were doing wasn't finished. Kotor 2 ended on a cliffhanger promising a new conflict was about to being. That's what it would have been about.

actually tor is kotor 3 it goes where kotor2 left off and bases events off the books people are just ignorant and think they made up the story line they really didnt write this games story line like its played out to be

actually tor is kotor 3 it goes where kotor2 left off and bases events off the books people are just ignorant and think they made up the story line they really didnt write this games story line like its played out to be

Actually Kotor 3 was in pre-production by Obsidian and was then cancelled by LucasArts, this is not Kotor 3, this is an off shoot.

The Old Republic is not Kotor 3. A sequel continues the story of it's predecessor and picks up where the last one left off, not 300 years later with new characters in a difference genre of game. TOR is closer to being a spin off.

Edited by OldVengeance

The Old Republic is not Kotor 3. A sequel continues the story of it's predecessor and picks up where the last one left off, not 300 years later with new characters in a difference genre of game. TOR is closer to being a spin off.

KoTOR 2 did not contiue the story of KoTOR.

Call of Duty 2 did not continue the story of Call of Duty.

Skyrim did not continue the story of Oblivion. Nor did Oblivion continue the story of Morrowind.

Fallout 2 did not continue the story of Fallout.

Star Trek: Generations didn't continue the story of Star Trek 6.

Superman 2 did not continue the story of Superman.

X-Men 2 did not continue the story of X-Men.

Alien 3 didn't continue the story of Aliens.

Sequels don't have to continue the story of their predecessors, simply the "universe" and IP that they're part of.

They can have things that were foreshadowed in the earlier film, or continue a story arc that is seperate from the individual stories of the first and second installments, or pick up where their predecessor left off.

All that matters for a sequel is continuity from its predecessor, either directly or indirectly from the predecessor, and it doesn't even need to have the same characters.

Edited by Fyurii

Problem with continuing the Kotor 2 storyline directly is that the Dark Wars, the conflict that surrounded that game, was a chaotic era with no clear enemy after the Sith cult of Kreia was destroyed. Afterwards, the Exile went to seek Revan out, which is where the book fills in the rest. Then there is an era of peace and no Sith appear for another ~260 years.

Only way I could see it work is if they went back in time to the era between the Sith War and Mandalorian Wars. But who would you as a Jedi be fighting? Mandalorians are beginning to prepare for their conquests, the Sith are gone and the Republic is weakened. Not many epic enemies to deal with there, either.

What would it be about?

I will never get why Lucasarts cancelled Battlefront 3 and Kotor 3. At the time they were the highest selling and highest rated star wars franchises (respectively).

Kotor 3 will now never happen, but I'd love seeing a battlefront 3 that covers some of the wars from the EU. That would be so awesome.

dude kotor 1 and 2 were both setting up for a really awesome kotor 3

the whole time you got this feeling that there was something really ominous influencing the events of the games. and revan went out looking for it, and the exile followed him.

kotor 3 would have been about what he found out there. what the looming threat out to destroy the republic was.

of course with swtor and the revan novel this is all known now but i'm acting as if swtor hadn't happened. the point is there was a perfect blueprint for a second sequel.

yes it did

Edited by Dylancholy

Yes it did.

Skyrim did not continue the story of Oblivion.

Yes it did, no Septims were on the Emperors throne this helped lead to the Civil War.

Fallout 2 did not continue the story of Fallout.

Yes it did, you were the grand child of the Vault Dweller who set up the tribe and village you live in.

honestly..they REALLY should have. The latest graphics. Everything. LucasArts was even working on it and had to layoff people cause they were doing bad cause of the economy. It got put on "hold". Should have had a kotor 3 :( QQQQQQQQ

I like to play by myself. Not people :) Not a people person! lol. Sorry..rambling. There has to be SOMEONE that feels this besides me. kotor 3 anyone?

Well, feel somewhat the same way, but would want a KOTR 3 only if it allowed two players to play cooperatively. For example, my wife and I both have the game loaded on separate computers and play cooperatively over LAN. Heck, cooperative play is what drew us to SWTOR.

Agreed.

Doesn't SWTOR already cover the KOTOR III storyline?

Yes it did.

Elaborate.

Yes it did, no Septims were on the Emperors throne this helped lead to the Civil War.

That's not continuing the story.

That's the outcome affecting the future.

The stories of Oblivion and Skyrim are not an ongoing story. They're two seperate stories linked by the setting and events of the preceding game. Loosely linked.

What does being a Dragon Born destined to prevent the end of the world by destruction from Alduin "The World Eater" have to do with stopping the invasion of Tamriel by the various forces of Oblivion?

Yes it did, you were the grand child of the Vault Dweller who set up the tribe and village you live in.

So what?

You weren't out to find another Water Chip (though you do get the opportunity to break it in the first place!), and you're not part of Vault 13.

You're not even fighting the machinations of The Master, since he's dead. Instead you wind up fighting what remains of the US Government!

Where's the continuity of story beyond familial relation to the Vault Dweller?

Next you'll be saying that Fallout 3 continues the story from Fallout 2.....

Honestly, your short answers read more like you're either grasping at straws or disagreeing for the sake of it.

Edited by Fyurii

For the loke of the force, Kotor was more then just the main story!. The companion interaction, the dialogue choices, shaping the story the way you want it to be, these are the classic Bioware stuff you get in a single-player game. KOTOR was a game of the year contender and one of the greatest Star Wars game ever as well as one of the best games on the XBOX. That is what a KOTOR fan want, an epic single-player immersive storyline and not this MMO crap where your toon can't experience all of the stories without relying on other players. Edited by SentinelDranoel

For the loke of the force, Kotor was more then just the main story!. The companion interaction, the dialogue choices, shaping the story the way you want it to be, these are the classic Bioware stuff you get in a single-player game. KOTOR was a game of the year contender and one of the greatest Star Wars game ever as well as one of the best games on the XBOX. That is what a KOTOR fan want, an epic single-player immersive storyline and not this MMO crap where your toon can't experience all of the stories without relying on other players.

Im a kotor fan and thats not what I wanted. I wanted much more then just another single player game. I got what I wanted and more

• 4 weeks later...

Warning: the following rant has not been proofread or edited for logic:

I am absolutely tired of multiplayer. No matter how hard Bioware has tried with SWTOR ... story has suffered. When I need to wait for friends, find new friends, to progress ... when I need to kill x enemies for the billionth time ... nothing will distract me from the subscription motive of business. By entering a market where the focus is on a wholly different type of gameplay and hanging the story and personal feel on the same old mechanics of MMO ... which a fair amount of Bioware's fans have always rejected as not their preferred genre ... is disgruntling, to say the least.... SWTOR isn't declining because it's a bad game, because of its price, or because of World of Warcraft; it's failing, because its target has always wanted something else.

WIth such immersive, storied and yet personalized experiences such as Mass Effect, any type of truly singleplayer Star Wars RPG by Bioware would be a better bet. Improved graphics (as said above), the dialogue wheel, better physics than even The Force Unleahsed ... as well as peer games of enormous content scale like Oblivion and Skyrim ... an epic Star Wars saga in any era would be welcomed by at least one fan of pre-DA:II Bioware.

Warning: the following rant has not been proofread or edited for logic:

I am absolutely tired of multiplayer. No matter how hard Bioware has tried with SWTOR ... story has suffered. When I need to wait for friends, find new friends, to progress ... when I need to kill x enemies for the billionth time ... nothing will distract me from the subscription motive of business. By entering a market where the focus is on a wholly different type of gameplay and hanging the story and personal feel on the same old mechanics of MMO ... which a fair amount of Bioware's fans have always rejected as not their preferred genre ... is disgruntling, to say the least.... SWTOR isn't declining because it's a bad game, because of its price, or because of World of Warcraft; it's failing, because its target has always wanted something else.

WIth such immersive, storied and yet personalized experiences such as Mass Effect, any type of truly singleplayer Star Wars RPG by Bioware would be a better bet. Improved graphics (as said above), the dialogue wheel, better physics than even The Force Unleahsed ... as well as peer games of enormous content scale like Oblivion and Skyrim ... an epic Star Wars saga in any era would be welcomed by at least one fan of pre-DA:II Bioware.

You raised this thread from the grave for that? /facepalm