Customer Service: please stop messaging in game

I've been playing since launch and thus have reported a ton of bugs. I have a lot of respect for the customer service team, as they have to process a lot of information and prioritize fixes.

However, this new procedure of texting someone in game over service tickets when the customer service representative doesn't need any more information needs to stop. When I submit a ticket, I'm fine with the droid sending me the "this will be looked at. We can't update you about progress. Look at patch notes for news" tailored response.

I'm not okay with having my game play interrupted for someone to tell me in awkward English what I already knew - which is that the bug will be looked into and that I will not be updated on the progress of a fix.

Please, only text people in game if the ticket is unclear or the customer service representative needs more information.

Thanks!

Wow... people complain about BW not giving enough info, and complain when they do.

I never had a problem with customer service before this new policy was put in place ~ 2 weeks ago.

Like I said, I've reported ~ 50+ bugs since launch. I don't want someone to text me the same three lines in the middle of a fight that I've already read on every service ticket. Why waste time texting me in game? Just respond to the ticket. Don't text me in game unless you need further information or if something is unclear. I know that the customer service team is looking at it, I know they won't be able to update me, I know that I can find the information by reading patch notes.

Therefore I don't need a live agent to text me in game with those same three lines when they don't have a specific question just to prove they looked at the ticket. SWTOR is obviously looking at tickets and those who claim they weren't are just being whiners and probably haven't bothered to read patch notes.

wow just.....wow....

so you complain that customer service is HELPING you by LIVE CHATTING WITH YOU!? /facepalm /tisk tisk /frown /sigh /everything else in the book

It's not helpful to have my game play interrupted just to confirm "I read your ticket"

If I submit a ticket, and something is unclear, I'm more than happy to text back and forth with a representative to make it clear.

However, I'm not okay having a giant green mailbox pop up on my screen while I'm fighting someone just to have this said [paraphrase]

Hi. I read your ticket. Rest assured this will be looked at. We can't update you on this ticket.

Instead of spending ~5 to 10 minutes telling me this (which is what they say every single time) just close my ticket with the standard droid response.

I report bugs often, but frankly, I'm getting irritated with all these text/chat messages interrupting my game play just to tell me what use to be handled by closing the ticket.

Do I mind if customer service chats with me to address an issue? NO

Do I mind if customer service chats with me on every ticket just to prove they are reading them? YES

Umm... I know that I would be thrilled if a CS guy talked to me... he can talk in jibberish for all I care, just help me.

Maybe I'm not being clear enough. The CS people are not helping me to personally address a bug. None of the bugs I reported have affected me personally. These are just superficial game bugs (like the time I found an invisible object, or how sometimes the elevator in [inset FP] doesn't work, or people don't show up on the PvP list, or inappropriate names, or etc etc. These are the kinds of tickets that use to solved thusly- a service droid would respond with the standard response, saying to check patch notes.

Now, instead of this I get the standard response delivered via in game texting that interrupts my game play. I don't need a live agent to tell me. "Hi. I looked at your ticket. This will be addressed. I can't update you. Read patch notes." Every single time I submit even the most minor ticket. I'm personally fine with the emails that gave me the exact same message.

Customer service works its butt off to process thousand of tickets a day. This new policy of responding in game, with a live representative, to even the most standard and mundane tickets must be a drag on resources and personally I find it annoying. Can't understand my ticket? Need more information? Sure, text me in game.

Want to tell me "I read it, it will be addressed, look at patch notes"? Please don't text me, simply close the ticket like you use to. Thanks.

You don't have to click it and talk to them, if you don't want to.

It doesn't interrupt your gameplay at all. It isn't like it jumps up in the middle of your screen, not allowing you to play.

True, but what if they need more information? It's easier to text back and forth than update the ticket back and forth. I'm happy to chat with a CS agent if they need more info from me, but not just to let them assure me they are looking at it in an incredibly inefficient way.

Also, I report A LOT of bugs. Usually 1 a day and sometimes more. Most are mundane little things that bioware should know about, but aren't pressing. No need to text me over those.

Umm... I know that I would be thrilled if a CS guy talked to me... he can talk in jibberish for all I care, just help me.

Curious, I haven't had a single response from CS (other than the automated response) to any of my simply "straightforward" bug reports.

Only time I got a "live" response was with issues that actually either needed clarification, or actually needed something done on their side to address. Though admittedly, one of those live responses was after I updated a ticket that had gone back and forth a bit with "It's now working, thanks", they messaged me to confirm (again) that it was all working before they closed out the issue. Which, no big deal. It had gone back and forth a bit already, with more than 1 fix attempt.

So, perhaps something in your bugs is suggestion you have more information for them about it, or some other reason they need to contact you?

Edited by GnatB

I'm happy to chat with a CS agent if they need more info from me, but not just to let them assure me they are looking at it in an incredibly inefficient way.

I agree with your position. You will never convince others that you are not whining that don't agree with you and its not even worth trying to explain it to them.

The behavior you are seeing from CS agents could be due to a number of things:

1.) Language you posted in was not primary language of CS agent.

2.) Lack of understanding of proceedure on when to make contact with submitter of ticket.

3.) Enforcement of Management that every ticket submitted WILL BE given feedback regardless how mundain to give air of "careing and support".

In general I agree with you that this is poor customer service and actually waters down the process. A couple of things could happen if this continues.

a) Poster of a ticket will just think that CS just wants to tell them ticket has been recieved and will not bother even speaking with CS even if ticket was important becasue they are just going to get an acknowledgement with no real resolution.

b) CS Agents will just stop responding to ANY ticket no matter how game breaking or not the submission becasue they are just overwelmed ( unless FORCED to by their management).

Fatigue is going to set in on one side or the other or both.

An example of how NOT to "run a call center" tactic.

I am not surprised.

Edited by Urael

Post in suggestion box, not general forum. It will be more effective and you won't be attacked by a bunch of bitter ex-players.

he's being general... not suggesting anything.. and leaving that up to BW i suppose.

I agree with your position. You will never convince others that you are not whining that don't agree with you and its not even worth trying to explain it to them.

The behavior you are seeing from CS agents could be due to a number of things:

1.) Language you posted in was not primary language of CS agent.

2.) Lack of understanding of proceedure on when to make contact with submitter of ticket.

3.) Enforcement of Management that every ticket submitted WILL BE given feedback regardless how mundain to give air of "careing and support".

In general I agree with you that this is poor customer service and actually waters down the process. A couple of things could happen if this continues.

a) Poster of a ticket will just think that CS just wants to tell them ticket has been recieved and will not bother even speaking with CS even if ticket was important becasue they are just going to get an acknowledgement with no real resolution.

b) CS Agents will just stop responding to ANY ticket no matter how game breaking or not the submission becasue they are just overwelmed ( unless FORCED to by their management).

Fatigue is going to set in on one side or the other or both.

An example of how NOT to "run a call center" tactic.

I am not surprised.

Yeah. I definitely noticed that these were not native English speakers.

If this continues I'm thinking two things:

1) stop submitting mundane "clean-up" type tickets

2) Begin each chat with "I'm happy to chat if you have further questions about my ticket, otherwise please close the ticket with the standard SWTOR response. Thank you."

I think they only start talking via livechat if you've sent in a humongous bunch of tickets. Agreed that if it's not an urgent immediate problem then there should not be livechat about it.

Yesterday had an appropriate livechat regarding a quest item that would not drop for me after my same-class guildie had finished that portion of the quest. (He has 99% winning rolls on everything, loot, conversations, EVERYTHING - so of course he got his quest items first. Halfway through every quest we simply tell him to stop rolling so others can have a chance to get anything.) I ended up solving the problem by kicking the guildie from the party, when the items started dropping again. Despite that he'd finished that portion, he was still winning every "roll" for the quest items.

Since it was a class quest, they would have had to reset it for me somehow if I hadn't come up with the solution. Now I just hope it did actually get sent in as a bug report after the conversation.

I've never had them simply talk to tell me that they read the ticket, that's awful.

wow just.....wow....

so you complain that customer service is HELPING you by LIVE CHATTING WITH YOU!? /facepalm /tisk tisk /frown /sigh /everything else in the book

no, not like that. this to be done to OP: stun lock, back stab, pew pew to 1%, type /laugh, then saber strike.

This is probably the dumbest complaint I have ever seen. They, basically, send you a /whisper in-game and you ***** about it? They tell you they read your ticket, you don't have to read the freaking /w. Grasping at straws here dude, and you're making yourself look stupid.