Wheres all the excitement gone?

DarthWoad

Just browsing through a few game news sites, and I can see NOTHING about SWTOR in the news, apart from the obvious 400k subscriber loss.

Its all about these new games coming out, why people are so excited for them etc.. A new year, a new chance for gaming. SWTOR is so last year (why right before new year? )

It seems like this game has just fallen into the shadows.

Too many issues with the game, poor communication from the community team, and the all around deafening silence from Bioware has killed any excitement for SWTOR.

That pretty much sums it up ^

Edited by DarthWoad

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just browsing through a few game news sites, and I can see NOTHING about SWTOR in the news, apart from the obvious 400k subscriber loss.

Its all about these new games coming out, why people are so excited for them etc.. A new year, a new chance for gaming. SWTOR is so last year (why right before new year? )

To the next Messiah of mmorpg's. Thats the trend these days

After so many Messiah that came and then gone....I wonder why you asking this.

Game is 6 months old. Why should anyone hype it up now? You don't seem to understand that hype is for games coming out or just released.

I know. Im saying that this game is pretty much dead in the news....nothing special about it is being shown

Hype happens pre-release.

Advertising happens post-release.

Different name, same approach maybe?

Need something worth advertising, though I do hear they're launching in a bunch of previously unsupported territories. Maybe the advertising money is going there?

Hype happens pre-release.

Advertising happens post-release.

Different name, same approach maybe?

Need something worth advertising, though I do hear they're launching in a bunch of previously unsupported territories. Maybe the advertising money is going there?

idk i changed the title i dont know what to say for it lol

If all you're looking for is the 'hype factor' of a new release, then you'll be changing games every few months. Also MMOs may not be your style of game. Just sayin'

Hype is used to sell stuff. We already bought this game, now i think the hype is for GW 2 and Diablo...soon to be something else shortly after.

When the hype is gone, some of the fair weather players will be too. So just because its not as "exciting as the first day", does not mean the game is dead or going away.

If this disappoints you, wel lthat life...you finish army ranger school and you are excited but after 6 months its just work and complaining just like any other unit. Same goes for dating that hot chick or owning that wicked corvette.

Its all cool at first and then its just normal.

excitement?

bioware cant overhype there game anymore.its already out,so the excitement is gone

i was never excited for this game anyway.i wanted a decent mmo to replace wow and i got it,truth be told the only reason i stuck with this game for so long is probably because i dont wanna go back to wow

Edited by CrunkShizzle

Swtor is dying.

The population is suffocating, and the developers couldn't care less.

OH.. I wouldn't say that it's dying.. There will always be people that love gear grinds like WoW, Rift, Tera and TOR.. It will drop to 500K by next year.. or lower, depending on the success of other games.. Even EQ still remains open for business after all these years.. But TOR will never be the King as people wanted it to be..

OH.. I wouldn't say that it's dying.. There will always be people that love gear grinds like WoW, Rift, Tera and TOR.. It will drop to 500K by next year.. or lower, depending on the success of other games.. Even EQ still remains open for business after all these years.. But TOR will never be the King as people wanted it to be..

its dieing,unless your on the select few servers the community speaks so fondly of.then your in a good shape

but hey,every good mmo has 3 servers with a good population right

Edited by CrunkShizzle

And people thought it would actually kill wow

And people thought it would actually kill wow

True.... I'm so sick of this holy trinity, linear quest trail gaming that WoW made popular it makes me what to toss chunks... I was hoping for some originality, and got nothing..

Honestly... what is there to write or talk about beyond what has been said?

The reviews are out, there has been little to no content updating, and subs are dropping because the vanilla version of this game is glitchy, sparse, and lacking in depth.

Just check this link to see where it is currently drifting on the Rating/Hype chart.

The "hype" is gone, and the "ratings" are bad. Maple Story and Conan have better scores.

Edited by Blistrich

Well, Elder Scroll Online was announced last week, so industry moves forward. :cool:

Be prepared to be disappointed when the outstanding 1P sandbox monster known as Elder Scrolls is dumbed down for the MMO audience. Watch in amazement as everything "immersive" is replaced with limitations and walls. Be dazzled as the magnificent mods, which are what make Bethesda games like Skyrim and Fallout 3 so fantastic, disappear before your eyes... to be replaced by a conventional grind.

Edited by Blistrich

Every single post you make is "Elder Scroll Online".

* It uses the same cheap engine as swtor, I would not be excited at all.

I'm going to at least try it to see what different devs can do with the same engine.

I have a gut feeling that says Bethesda has that thing running smooth as silk.