respec of player skill trees in the field

patjd

I hope this is not what they consider multi-spec. Having to redo your whole plot allotment is a half measure, especially if you must pay the respec fee each time. A proper multi-spec system saves presets of point allotments and should not be tied to legacy. If we are to get a true multi-spec system then the field respec feature is a redundant and unnecessary money sync. Edited by patjd

I hope this is not what they consider multi-spec. Having to redo your whole plot allotment is a half measure, especially if you must pay the respec fee each time. A proper multi-spec system saves presets of point allotments and should not be tied to legacy. If we are to get a true multi-spec system then the field respec feature is redundant and superfluous.

Although the field respec idea is a cool twist, I definitely agree that it IS NOT a dual spec system. I would be more than happy to pay for the ability to have two specs that I can switch between with ease.

Expect no more. Bioware has proven they never over hype anything...if it says "Field Respec", expect absolutely nothing more. It won't be a way to swap between 2 specs quickly, it'll simply save you a trip to the Fleet.

Bioware has confirmed that the v1.3 Field Respec legacy ability is not multispec, but will be exactly what it seems to be. True multispec will be rolled out in two phases: the first allowing you to save several talent specs and swap between them and the second phase allowing you to swap armor sets AND talents with one button.

Bioware has confirmed that the v1.3 Field Respec legacy ability is not multispec, but will be exactly what it seems to be. True multispec will be rolled out in two phases: the first allowing you to save several talent specs and swap between them and the second phase allowing you to swap armor sets AND talents with one button.

Great...another "coming soon". Nobody complained about running back to the Fleet to respec...but once again, Bioware addresses the problem that doesn't exist, vs the one that does.

If that is what field respec is... Delete it.

What we need is the ability to have more then 1 saved spec to switch between.

What will help SWTOR the most, in regards to the subject of spec, and speccing, is multiple saved specs to switch between.

A field spec that only does the same as the NPC at the fleet or at the 2nd planet is too minor a bonus, and too low level of a convenience to have the broader effect Bioware and EA needs to make SWTOR a better game that attracts people to come and play.

This field spec, as described in this post, will have an over all negative effect. Most people live a life that makes them a bit too busy to research everything this game has, so 80% of the players won't know for certain or have a good idea that field spec is nothing more then a covenant respec in the middle of no where. If they have any experience with previous MMOs that had dual or more spec abilities, they will naturally levitate towards that established idea. And if this post description is true, then that is going to pop the bubble of a lot more players and once again SWTORs player base is going to take a very damaging hit, just like it did when they patched out/removed PvP rewards for world PvP fighting, and broke Ilum past the point of the already existing imbalance.

Player base wise, they where better off with a broken ilum. If they are not meaning multispec with field spec, then a lot more players are going to rage quit. Wether it is neglect and laziness, or they simply have busy lives and dont have time to do the research doesn't matter in the end. The mistake of not getting multiple saved spec's out there and introducing some small convenient in the middle of no where respec is the same mistake as ilum. It will piss players off, and blast another crater in the SWTOR player base.

Field respec is exactly what it states, the ability to respec in the field.

There is a MULTI-SPEC option being rolled out in two stages, the first of which has a target of 1.4. The first stage will allow you to save multiple specs and switch between them, the second stage will allow you to also save different armor sets along with the spec. One of the stages (I cannot recall which right now), will also allow you to save hot bars between specs.

Great...another "coming soon". Nobody complained about running back to the Fleet to respec...but once again, Bioware addresses the problem that doesn't exist, vs the one that does.

^So much This.

We get "convenience" Legacy perks that are meh (imho) and cost too much (again imho) but no substanative mechanic "fixes" that give us features we have become accustomed too ( in other mmorpgs (again imho)).

I love all the immediate speculation on something we have very limited info on. Does the field respec automatically mean there is no save slots? No, it doesn't say either, so to out right claim it doesn't this early is foolish. Wait for some info before you bring the hammer down.

If I recall in early blog/post/summit cooments they said when they do their multi spec they want to do it right. Just dont complain on something we have zero info on.

Edited by MrSchmo

IIRC they did say at the guild summit that they will be rolling out (eventually) a multi-spec that switches *everything* over, including armor/equipment.

They have also said that this field respec is not that. It *is* just a field respec. Some have argued that as a simple field respec it's relatively worthless. With the cost for respecing, you are't going to be doing it on a whim, so not a big deal to have to travel to a skill trainer.

However, I would hope/assume that when they roll out multi-spec, field respec will also be needed in order to swap specs in the field. Swapping otherwise would presumably require going to the skill trainer guy. Which WOULD be useful. Get to a boss where you need more/less tanks? Swap some specs.