OP Classes...

Spiggeh

It would appear that there is a post on here about ever class being OP.

Maybe it has something to do with a Rock - Paper - Scissors thing, and when you're the Rock and the Paper is owning you, well you whine. But when as Rock you're slapping Scissors about you're happy as can be... The problem then is that Scissors goes off and whines about Rock being OP!

Basically what it comes down to is choosing your battles, items and skill.

If you are Rock and Paper rolls up going "sup man wanna fight?" point at him laugh and say "no thanks man I'm off to hit Scissors in the face", hell if you have to fight Paper when you're Rock make sure you bring some Scissors with you to help out.

So what I'm basically saying is, can we stop the whine and just get on with it already?

Edited by Spiggeh

Maybe it has something to do with a Rock - Paper - Scissors thing, and when you're the Rock and the Paper is owning you, well you whine. But when as Rock you're slapping Scissors about you're happy as can be... The problem then is that Scissors goes off and whines about Rock being OP!

If you are Rock and Paper rolls up going "sup man wanna fight?" point at him laugh and say "no thanks man I'm off to hit Scissors in the face", hell if you have to fight Paper when you're Rock make sure you bring some Scissors with you to help out.

So what I'm basically saying is, can we stop the whine and just get on with it already?

The classes aren't op. Its individuals playing them are. Every class can be OP with the right person playing it. We will see how melee feel in 1.3. This game is not a rock/paper/scissor game. It is more a dynamite>scissors>paper kind of game.

This game is definitely not Rock Paper Scissors. That's B.S.

This is a team game, and while any class can solo any other class if played by a good player, PvP is about teamwork not "pwning".

I agree. With the right team, most of us can do well with any class. If my Sage or Gunslinger has guard or, at the very least, a healer, then they do a lot better. If my Vanguard (tank) has a healer, then he does much better. If my Commando has a tank guarding him, then he does much better. I think each class can do so much more for a team if he at least has a tag-team partner!

The classes aren't op. Its individuals playing them are. Every class can be OP with the right person playing it. We will see how melee feel in 1.3. This game is not a rock/paper/scissor game. It is more a dynamite>scissors>paper kind of game.

Lets hope there are people left to pvp with when 1.3 comes out.

Lets hope there are people left to pvp with when 1.3 comes out.

This is very sad but very true.

You seem to have missed my point and proven what I was saying.

No one class is OP, team work, skill, items and not being an idiot is key ;)

Thank you for agreeing with me by the way.

Of course we agree with you was just putting it in another way for people to understand. This is why you play in premades with good communication. A group of OP players always > Bad players

It is the people behind the classes. I mean, how many endless troves of Marauders are there and maybe 1% of them are actually any good?

People will sit there and say "I'm a tank, my DPS sucks!" when me + other Tanks I play with can do more or the same damage as the pure DPSers.

my mother is op.

that is because she uses stims and pots and has a look at the skills and the tree and what skill needs what to pawn and how you can enlarge te epeen.

one day i am op too.

imagine i would have dinged 50 before learning the resolve mechanix properly ...

I've got a bunch of 50's. Some classes are just plain better than others. Zoeller in the Q&A for last week mentioned that operatives should be "controlling mid" in Huttball for instance. That's their role. Except, a marauder or DPS jugg will *always* outperform them in that role. An operative cannot easily get up to the top to deal with snipers. If they get knocked down into the pit they have to take the long slow walk back. They have no knockbacks. If they can't kill the enemy in the opening burst they need to use a 2 minute cooldown to get away and they have no meaningful defensive cooldowns to speak of.

I'm sorry but, at Huttball (and every other game), a Marauder > Operative. That's just an example though, there's many. 1.2 has the worst class balance the game has ever had. It's still just a gear check at 50. Toss in the fact that they have done nothing to fix server populations and imbalances and it's a joke how awful the PVP in this game is getting.

While PVP is not balanced to a T I would say it is better now then it was. I am not clear on "how Melee will feel after 1.3" but I will say... if you play ranged and get smoked by melee it is because they have to be ON YOU to hurt you where you can play out of range most of the fight with snares/slows and CC.

Dont face tank melee when you are range... or you lose.

While PVP is not balanced to a T I would say it is better now then it was. I am not clear on "how Melee will feel after 1.3" but I will say... if you play ranged and get smoked by melee it is because they have to be ON YOU to hurt you where you can play out of range most of the fight with snares/slows and CC.

Dont face tank melee when you are range... or you lose.

Sup dozer. I meant since BW said they will be tuning melee down in 1.3. I think its fine. But you know bads will cry anything that beats them is op. With the snares/slows/roots/stuns/cc I have as a sage. In a true 1v1 its a trivial fight normally. When multiple melee want to kill me and zerg me its kind of just GG. But I expect that. :cool:

I don't really have problems with tank melee. Lack of good players on our server doesn't help that though. I don't know any good tank sins. You might be one of the few on our server that could give me a good fight. We should look into it :)

I've got a bunch of 50's. Some classes are just plain better than others. Zoeller in the Q&A for last week mentioned that operatives should be "controlling mid" in Huttball for instance. That's their role. Except, a marauder or DPS jugg will *always* outperform them in that role. An operative cannot easily get up to the top to deal with snipers. If they get knocked down into the pit they have to take the long slow walk back. They have no knockbacks. If they can't kill the enemy in the opening burst they need to use a 2 minute cooldown to get away and they have no meaningful defensive cooldowns to speak of.

I'm sorry but, at Huttball (and every other game), a Marauder > Operative. That's just an example though, there's many. 1.2 has the worst class balance the game has ever had. It's still just a gear check at 50. Toss in the fact that they have done nothing to fix server populations and imbalances and it's a joke how awful the PVP in this game is getting.

No offense dude but this is just sad. If I'm playing an Operative and roll up on a Gunslinger/Sniper on the catwalk over the mid I'm not going to stand behind him trying to bust him down I'm going to stand to the side so when the knockback hits I'm knocked back ON the railing than OFF of it. No long run back up for me because I'm still up there continuing the fight.

You make two wrong assumptions:

1. That classes currently fit into rock-paper-scissors scheme, which is not the case. For example mercs and sorcs can't beat any other class and can be beaten by any other class.

2. That the game was designed with rock-paper-scissors scheme in mind, which is also not the case. See here:

http://torwars.com/2011/09/01/torwars-interview-swtors-georg-zoeller/

Where we deviate a bit from other games is that we’re not approaching player versus player class design from a rock-paper-scissors approach.