The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Top servers people will transfer to come FREE transfers.

pllague

I know you all have been waiting for it so here is a thread that everyone can post on informing everyone of the servers that will be most popular to transfer to come free transfers. please post here if your server is Standard-Full or if you know of a server that has a steady population. eventually we will find the top 10 servers people will be heading to come early summer. this is for the people who dont want to transfer to The Fatman in fear of an enormous queue time come free transfers

PLEASE lets keep this thread bumpin so the news Spreads to all those that dont want to take a chance and end up going to a dead server.

PVP

The Fatman-US East (only there for statistics but refrain from going there)

The Swiftsure-US West

PVE

Drooga's Pleasure Barge-US West

The Harbinger-US West

Jedi Covenant-US East

The Shadowlands-US East

Canderous Ordo-US East

WOO top 5 PVE servers are listed these are currently the only 5 Standard-Heavy populated servers during peak hours.

RP

Lord Adraas-US East ( ty LilSaihah)

Ebon Hawk -US East

RP-PVP

Ajunta Pall-US West

--------------------------

i will update this daily as more accurate information comes in so please do your part and help find good servers. please dont post your own server if it is truely lightly populated just because u dont want to xfer and want people to go there. i play on Daragon Trail and is now light after being standard a month ago. i will keep an eye out at all times of the day to check population of all the servers as well and at what time they usually turn light. with your help we will make this game a better place to be because obviously Bioware cant seem to swallow their pride and merge all the servers into 10 PVP (5 US West, and 5 East), 2 RP (1 West, and 1 East), 2 PVE (1 West, and 1 East), 2 RP (1 West, and 1 East) and 1 RP-PVP for a total of 17 servers down from 123 total servers.

on another note.

DrakeAssaShin: What is being done to address low population servers?

Dallas: The Character Transfer Service, as mentioned above, will be offering free transfers from/to specific servers. This should allow the most motivated players to get onto a higher population server..

Does this mean BW will be choosing a handful of servers and only allowing free transfers to those specific realms? maybe so but we can never be sure as to what they mean exactly so as a back up plan i think this thread serves a good purpose. i mean what if they choose previously light servers as their choice and end up with a mediocre population? keep the info coming!

Edited by pllague

I know you all have been waiting for it so here is a thread that everyone can post on informing everyone of the servers that will be most popular to transfer to come free transfers. please post here if your server is Standard-Full or if you know of a server that has a steady population. eventually we will find the top 10 servers people will be heading to come early summer. this is for the people who dont want to transfer to The Fatman in fear of an enormous queue time come free transfers

PLEASE lets keep this thread bumpin so the news Spreads to all those that dont want to take a chance and end up going to a dead server.

PVP

The Fatman-US East (only there for statistics but refrain from going there)

The Swiftsure-US West

PVE

Drooga's Pleasure Barge-US West

The Harbinger-US West

Jedi Covenant-US East

RP

RP-PVP

Ajunta Pall-US West

--------------------------

i will update this daily as more accurate information comes in so please do your part and help find good servers. please dont post your own server if it is truely lightly populated just because u dont want to xfer and want people to go there. i play on Daragon Trail and is now light after being standard a month ago. i will keep an eye out at all times of the day to check population of all the servers as well and at what time they usually turn light. with your help we will make this game a better place to be because obviously Bioware cant seem to swallow their pride and merge all the servers.

Sorry to say but there will only be 10 servers to transfer to. I already rerolled fatman and I am enjoying the game again.

They will not allow transfers to Fatman.

could be true. Same will go for Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU) as it is currently only Heavy/Full server in EU. My bet is they want to semi-populate like 10-12 servers (maybe more) just to not loose face to shareholders.

When server transfers open, they should lock out transfers to the large servers. Allowing people to only transfer to servers around the standard size. You can still create new characters on the large servers like fatman, but you can't transfer your old character there.

That way people would be forced to distribute the population; allowing a higher amount of servers to have an active community.

It should of been common sense to not allow players to pick to go to the largest servers near release, but Bioware failed there; hopefully they won't drop the ball again.

I don't think they will allow transfers to the high population ones.

They are probable taking a few light population ones, and combine those with other light population ones. Say make 2 servers out of 8 or 10.

I really, really doubt Bioware would antagonize the people on the high population servers by allowing such a massive influx that is sure to bring queue times back.

When server transfers open, they should lock out transfers to the large servers. Allowing people to only transfer to servers around the standard size. You can still create new characters on the large servers like fatman, but you can't transfer your old character there.

That way people would be forced to distribute the population; allowing a higher amount of servers to have an active community.

It should of been common sense to not allow players to pick to go to the largest servers near release, but Bioware failed there; hopefully they won't drop the ball again.

thats just the thing lol people already expect BW to drop the ball. and they will. yes they should restrict people from transferring there but well all know they wont.

They said they would allow transfers to any server you choose, as long as u pay for it...and "any server" in my book means "the fatman" as well.

Free transfers will be to a few selected servers.

Edited by EduardoJN

Bioware cant seem to swallow their pride and merge all the servers into 10 PVP (5 US West, and 5 East), 2 RP (1 West, and 1 East), 2 PVE (1 West, and 1 East), 2 RP (1 West, and 1 East) and 1 RP-PVP for a total of 17 servers down from 123 total servers.

err Bioware already acknowledge there will be transfers and the like in summer. How does pride come into the equation if they going ahead with transfers summer compared to now. Basically Bioware have "technical difficulties" in making the transfer happen ASAP. One can speculate a large part of that is due to legacy system .Normal Transfer / merges are pretty standard in most MMO's and should not cause technical hurdles. So self inflicted and lack of planning.

There is also the other issue of the individual shards themselves, if Fatman ( full ) has massive que's there seem to be some limitation with concurrent users. This threshold seems low compared to server shards in other games. So how are 1.3 mil players gonna be squeezed into 17 US + xx EU + 3 Aus with their current architecture.

Remember at launch they OPENED up more servers instead of being able to expand on the servers capability to handle larger loads.

Corellian Run isn't a bad server. Not a HUGE population, but. always has people on 24/7. USED to be a standard server, now light...so could use some infusion to reinvigorate it.

And yes, I am advertising... for a reason.

To late game about to be destroyed by incoming supernova 'Diablo 3'.

You mean the game where gold farmers are going to flood the market with all the top end gear for everyone to pay cash for...... So pay to win.... If thats your thing then enjoy....

Corellian Run isn't a bad server. Not a HUGE population, but. always has people on 24/7. USED to be a standard server, now light...so could use some infusion to reinvigorate it.

And yes, I am advertising... for a reason.

i loled,

just look at server status now(it is our primary time),

only fatman and Australia servers are not light !!

but u said ur server has ppl on 7*24?!! ROFL.

ya, if u think only 5ppl on that server, it still called "has ppl".

I havent really thought about it. I keep looking for good suggestions. I dont want a huge que time since I dont have alot of time to play generally, but I want a decent sized one so I can maybe start getting groups and doing heroics and flashpoints.