Server Merge = Name taken?

BlackRobin

So I have the name " black " on my server. It's not an easy name to get. If and when server mergers come, how will they regulate the name changing? Should we start /rolling for names lololol. I remember early access people were logging in and reserving names for their guilds and friends. A lot of people care about this....hmmmm:confused:

Wouldn't it be nice if they gave preference to active accounts over inactive ones?

It's simple, IF you leave your server. You gave up the rights to your name basically. Because the person on the server your moving too may have it, they have rights to that name. It's "THEIR" server, your moving there.

Would you like for someone to move into your home, instantly take over your identity?

That is the choice you make in moving a character, instead of re-rolling a character.

JJ

This! Shut OP it is whiners like you that is causing BW to not offer merges and xfers.

This! Shut OP it is whiners like you that is causing BW to not offer merges and xfers.

What? They're offering transfers, and the OP isn't whining at all.

It's a major problem that a lot of us have been discussing whenever someone calls for server mergers. It's why mergers are a terrible idea.

I hate how this game doesn't allow duplicate names, in psu every player had a player id number, so anyone could name there toons whatever they wanted even if the name was already used.

I hated how Champions was like that. I like the idea of Unique names

I can't speak for others, but I would expect a lot of people to think similarly. I so wouldn't want somebody to come to the server I'm on and use the name I've had to myself for many months.

If you can't use the name you had, just add an extra letter.

Such as black becomes Blackk

Well, if you're going to keep it correct in-universe, you'd have to double a vowel, not a consonant.

Luke's clone was named Luuke, after all.

Wouldn't it be nice if they gave preference to active accounts over inactive ones?

It would be very nice indeed. Imagine also if they made an announcement for a date when transfers were going to happen along with the announcement that active accounts would see priority over inactive ones. This might help them retain the subs they are losing in this information vacuum.

Am I thinking like EA yet?

It would be very nice indeed. Imagine also if they made an announcement for a date when transfers were going to happen along with the announcement that active accounts would see priority over inactive ones. This might help them retain the subs they are losing in this information vacuum.

Am I thinking like EA yet?

No because it benefits the players while filling your wallet. If you want to think like EA you need to find a way to offend the players while filling your wallet. :eek: