I thought we was suppose to feel powerful?

Teladis

No this is a l2p issues if you think that forum chatter is representative of a classes balance you are a fool. Just because people say the class is weak does not mean that it is. I have had no issues there are plenty of posts saying that the class is fine some specs do have trouble leveling up like carnage and vengeance due to certain abilities that make the spec being high in the tree those are legit concerns but that does not mean the class as a whole is broken.

Ok well, if you keep wanting to have high hopes about the class go ahead. No matter what people say, you have it in your head that the class is fine. I don't care how strong the class is endgame but 20-50 this class is a complete joke compare to every single other class. If you want me to list some things I will, I figure people would have some common sense to understand why.

1) Offense compare to defense.

We take alot of damage and don't kill quick enough thats with all my gear on par with my level. We are glass cannons without the cannon.

2) Lack of CC

If we had a good form of CC we would take less damage, lets face it we don't. I think that Mara also needs a talent that lets us not channel force choke so we can use that as a means of a CC.

3) Higher level you are force to use healer pets, in fact the level 40 mara says they had to get bio trade just to be on par with everyone else. That is because we lack the killing power that we should have due to the lack of cc.

I could come up with more, but really no matter what I say, you will just keep living in a dream world. This class is Garbage, and the only people who will like it is the ones who feels self entitlement for playing the weaker class.

Edited by Teladis

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lack of cc is made up for by having the self heals from bleeds in annihilation we do do have obsfucate which can be talented to reduce it's cd which reduces the targets accuracy by 90 percent. Their is the talented force phantom which reduces damage by 100 percent for 6 secs.

Cloak of pain which reduces all damage taken by 20 percent. Saber ward which increases ranged and melee defense by 40 percent with call on the force to reset cd every 20 mins. With all those tools you can't beat elites really sounds like you don't understand managing CDs which makes up for having only one cc in obsfucate.

And biochem is a legit choice for sw due to the purple Stims medics and adrenals that are not consumed on use.

The lack of cc is made up for by having the self heals from bleeds in annihilation we do do have obsfucate which can be talented to reduce it's cd which reduces the targets accuracy by 90 percent. Their is the talented force phantom which reduces damage by 100 percent for 6 secs.

Cloak of pain which reduces all damage taken by 20 percent. Saber ward which increases ranged and melee defense by 40 percent with call on the force to reset cd every 20 mins. With all those tools you can't beat elites really sounds like you don't understand managing CDs which makes up for having only one cc in obsfucate.

And biochem is a legit choice for sw due to the purple Stims medics and adrenals that are not consumed on use.

Yes, having to get Biochem just be on par with other classes is a joke.

Second off the spec you want takes alot of time to build up damage, and takes alot longer to kill things. However, I'm sure it will work I guess, if my wife calms down with the lighting spam.

I guess carnage gets screwed.

Yes, having to get Biochem just be on par with other classes is a joke.

Second off the spec you want takes alot of time to build up damage, and takes alot longer to kill things. However, I'm sure it will work I guess, if my wife calms down with the lighting spam.

I guess carnage gets screwed.

Carnage unfortunately does. I wouldn't say biochem is a must but it's not bad to get it's like having alchemy, and annihilation can defiantly bring the hurt if your stacking bleeds correctly and using berserk once fury stacks to 30 you will melt mobs plus absorb the bleed damage as healing. The good news on carnage is past 35 it does get better. Carnage needs some lower lv buffs for sure.

Ive played a Agent Sniper to 20, a Jedi Guardian to 20, and now a Sith MArauder to 20. I have yet to have any major problems beyond screw-ups on my part. Are we soft? Yeah, but I still manage to DPS solidly and take out groups that contain elites. So since the OP seems to like to fall back on the 'Have you played the other classes?' then yes, I have, so find a new reason to try to whine about it.

If you put even mediocre effort into keeping gear updated, and your rotation going well, all of ym classes do well.. though I admit the Guardian is a bit roughly, but since Im mostly tank spec, that's kinda to be expected.

As well, so far the OP seems to keep enjoying saying that others are in denial even though many people have said they are doing fine with it.. I find that kinda funny that he is right, everyone else is wrong, and he has NO reason to even consider that he could be doing something wrong. :D

But end result is that most people have some classes they are good at, some they are not. And some they have good mojoluck with and some they have *** mojoluck with.

I'm currently @ Lvl 29 Sith Marauder and i have NO PROBLEMS at all.

Soloing gold mobs with ease. Using Malavai to keep me up and defensive cooldowns when needed.

I'm currently specced @ Carnage but i plan to reroll to Annihilation. Went for Carnage for Ataru but i don't think it's really worth it.

I don't care that other classes can do this or that easier or harder, i love the class for what it is. I love the story, i love the looks, the dialogue. And i do feel ******. You just gotta learn to play your class, to use or your cooldowns and skills at the right time.

With a Marauder you've got all the right tools for whatever you are going to fight on your class missions, just gotta use it right.

Carnage right now, Its getting harder and harder. I'm going to have to go the dot build for more defense im sure in the 30s.

My wife on the other hand is a sorc, who rips everything with ease. I out gear her yet, she has a easier time.

I play the sent dot build, which is identical and it's a breeze I have not had any problems; make sure your gear is current, and focus on str.

Spend points in hungering and open with a dot to keep your health ticking, but make sure you have points in dual wield mastery and defensive forms from carnage to boost your defence and dps. Also forget trying to add stamina at this point, burn through mobs as quickly as pos, and use your tank npc, it's pointless using others as you will keep pulling aggro and struggle.

Reading some of your posts, I think you have it in your head now that the class is poor even when it is not, and refuse to listen to anyone who disagrees with you. As for biochem being needed nonsense, I use cybertech to keep my droid tank at peak along with mods for my gear; while I am sure the heals and stims would be nice, I am not missing them and still solo +2's at my current level of 31.

Edited by HexCaliber

I play the sent dot build, which is identical and it's a breeze I have not had any problems; make sure your gear is current, and focus on str.

Spend points in hungering and open with a dot to keep your health ticking, but make sure you have points in dual wield mastery and defensive forms from carnage to boost your defence and dps. Also forget trying to add stamina at this point, burn through mobs as quickly as pos, and use your tank npc, it's pointless using others as you will keep pulling aggro and struggle.

Reading some of your posts, I think you have it in your head now that the class is poor even when it is not, and refuse to listen to anyone who disagrees with you. As for biochem being needed nonsense, I use cybertech to keep my droid tank at peak along with mods for my gear; while I am sure the heals and stims would be nice, I am not missing them and still solo +2's at my current level of 31.

Ok well I will just give up on carnage. I still find this class a joke, but eh w/e Im going to reroll after chap 1 so you can let this thread die.

Not really, the lack of CC is the main problem. I'm talking about silver mobs mostly. Some group mobs as well. My wife solos 2 golds :( I can hardly take one.

I'm just going to twink him out I think, out of all the classes i've tried, low level mara is by far the worse.

Does your wife CC one of those golds? If so she isn't soloing 2, she is taking on 1 at a time.

Granted, my Mar is significantly higher level than recommended when I do my class missions ( cause I've chronic must-do-evey-single-side-mission OCD ;) ), but at level 27, just having reached the end of Nar Shadda, I have no problem soloing through the class missions.

The only time I die during class missions are when I'm being careless (forgetting my buffs, not waching my health, aggroing multiple groups at once etc.).

That said though, a Marauder should have no problem soloing through one's class missions provided the specs are solid and the player is capable.

Whether the class is underpowered compared to the others I truly cannot say, I haven't had enough experiance with them to form an opinion, but if they truly are underpowered then I'm sure it'll be fixed with later patches. This MMO is brand new afterall, and balacing classes is a thing even veteran MMOs are constantly adjusting.

P. S. I'm putting my points into the Rage skilltree if that tells you anything.

Edited by DcotorDarth

Ya, because its so hard to play a class in a mmo. You can lie to yourself saying this class is strong all you want. You are weak compare to other classes.

Apparently it is for you as marauder is awesome.

I'm the last one standing in most cases in heroics and top 3 damage/kill/death in warzones. I win 90% 1 vs 1 and at lvl 23 have and no issues what so ever doing all quests on my own.

You sir need to learn to play or just re-roll for some other class..

Edited by LordSatoh

Apparently it is for you as marauder is awesome.

I'm the last one standing in most cases in heroics and top 3 damage/kill/death in warzones. I win 90% 1 vs 1 and at lvl 23 have and no issues what so ever doing all quests on my own.

You sir need to learn to play or just re-roll for some other class..

I'm rerolling to a class that does everything better and easier. This class to much trouble for what it is worth. Right now, its just not worth the trouble.

Also, glad you know what it is like at 23. Im sure you do great in hutt ball, and all that CC you have.

Edited by Teladis

I'm rerolling to a class that does everything better and easier. This class to much trouble for what it is worth. Right now, its just not worth the trouble.

Also, glad you know what it is like at 23. Im sure you do great in hutt ball, and all that CC you have.

your right - other classes do have it easier , but it does not mean better .. I hardly loose any one on ones, even classes with cc's dont stand a chance - but it is a problem when more than one person targets u , but this is with any class tho ( Im Anni btw, and this spec does really high dmg at 24+)

Well good luck with your new class choice tho

Edited by Majinr

I'm not the game designer but, I think they wanted the Marauder to be one of the more changeling classes to play. While I have not made it to fifty (there by having no idea what endgame is like) I have made it far enough to know that this class is going to require a lot of micro managing. If that is not your cup of tea, I'd advise that you play another class.

I havnt really had any trouble soloing mobs as an annihilation specced marauder, recently changed to carnage for pvp and its somewhat lacking for PvE, I would agree that marauder DEFINITELY needs a damage boost or something though, i get smashed on by bounty hunters and operatives way too easily and i barely hit anything on them even when they are way lower level than me

btw im level 32 D:

Edited by SignifyZ

that is kinda of a weird post, my marauder feels alot better the higher lvl i get, do think they could tweek a couple of things yes, one thing i was wondering why they didnt change is our basic atack, it should be different from the tank. if you use the healing companion ur fine at lvl 35 he gets another healing spell wich helps alot, you can easily kill 1 gold and 1 silver at same time. and in pvp like i said it gets better with each lvl you get. 1 thing to remeber is that all classes in mmorpg that are hard to play at first become the best class on the game. just keep going you wont regret it.

ps: would love to have a rage power pool instead of built on rage :p

If your Jugg, you had a terrible time 20 - 25 or so. But trust me, it gets better. Once you get your force push, your force choke, your endure pain ect. Things start to turn around.

If your jugg, leveling as 'Rage' spec. It really doesn't 'work' until you get to 26 and can put two points into 'shockwave'. Where your force choke ticks, increase your slam damage ect.

Warriors, just don't come unto themselves until later on, with more in-depth talents and skills.

Hang in there, you won't regret it.

I'm currently a level 37 Juggernaut, Immortal spec'd, and Sith Warrior is in no way underpowered.

Solo content was a breeze for me, used vette until I got quinn, and once I got him I felt like a monster since as long as kept my HP up, I could keep killing.

SW did seem underpowered in Warzones for a while since I lacked any CC, but once I got Force Choke, Push, and another stun from the Immortal Tree (forget the name), I'm always in the top 3 for warzones with most protection and kills. I always cap the huttball 2-3 times in every match, and with Endure Pain, Saber Ward, I'm unstoppable.

Other classes may have an advantage early on, but as you level up you should have no problem with solo content. If you're the right level for the quests and are still having trouble, I'm sorry to say it's your own fault, not Bioware's or the Class's. They did not drop the ball, you're not playing your class right.

Carnage right now, Its getting harder and harder. I'm going to have to go the dot build for more defense im sure in the 30s.

My wife on the other hand is a sorc, who rips everything with ease. I out gear her yet, she has a easier time.

carnage is awful. get out of that spec ASAP.

@ Teladis

Your opinion is your own, and everyone is entitled to it. But im so sick and tired of reading multiple threads with your whining about how bad sith warrior is, and its broken, and its ******, etc. Re-roll and get out man. Youve said in multiple threads that you want an "easier" class. Well start one, and leave these forums please.

There are plenty of warriors who do just fine in all aspects of this game because........wait for it.........they know how to play their class. The facts are simple: youre doing it wrong.

Now please, go roll an easy, no talent required ranged class, and leave SW to the big boys.

Here ends rant.