I thought we was suppose to feel powerful?

Teladis

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marauder has one of worst soloability's PvE for sure.

My BH can solo Heroics 2+ and some 4 even. 3-4 silver mobs dies in seconds, literally.

But that's not what Marauders are about. I'm hoping that their single target dps is gonne shine, but honestly, I don't see any signs for that yet, and I'm lvl 40, although Massacre looks promsing. Need to check it out in group play.

I still love my Marauder and will continue playing him as main. I just like playing him, like the combat, lots of different situational skills, amazing story line, combat sounds and animations, dual-lightsabers, and he just looks cool.

OP is correct. I have been grinding through with a SW Jug rage spec'd and its unbeleivable how easily owned I am compared to my BH or Inquis.

Two things that stand out as a tank class thats not working right

1 I use Vette to tank for me sometimes

2 I got owned by the boss mob in my own solo class quest, multiple times.

I hear it gets better but so far the 18-26 SW levels are not fun.

OP is correct. I have been grinding through with a SW Jug rage spec'd and its unbeleivable how easily owned I am compared to my BH or Inquis.

Two things that stand out as a tank class thats not working right

1 I use Vette to tank for me sometimes

2 I got owned by the boss mob in my own solo class quest, multiple times.

I hear it gets better but so far the 18-26 SW levels are not fun.

Ok right in life everyone is a speical speical snowflake , just like people, classes are different.

This means , that when it comes to pve leveling process that is always unbalanced to some extent, because every class has different ablitys and powers.Im sorry would you like bioware to make everyone have the same stats and skills.

This thread stinks of 2nd gen self entitled scrubbyness.

I think you have the wow mindset myself.

This game is all about the story, and the whole it will be fine at max level or we are better at so and so level should not be ok. They said time and time again they want us to feel ******, that getting to high level should be about having fun and feeling strong.

Well as a sith warrior, I don't have the same fun and strenght as the other classes. In fact I'm scared of the wind blowing too hard. I don't feel like a warrior. I feel like a paper bag.

furthermore, the only times, literally, that i have died while leveling (not counting pvp) was twice when i tried to see if i could solo group content

we may not be able to solo as well as other classes, but we certainly are perfectly capable of soloing solo content

I will second this. the only times I have really had any problems soloing are in the case as this guy described, or in a case where I am trying to solo an elite(gold) 2+ levels higher than I am with a bunch of adds.

Otherwise, I am just fine, I can do well even in groups of enemies my own level with a silver mixed in here or there.

Just for the record I am Annihilation specced.

I will second this. the only times I have really had any problems soloing are in the case as this guy described, or in a case where I am trying to solo an elite(gold) 2+ levels higher than I am with a bunch of adds.

Otherwise, I am just fine, I can do well even in groups of enemies my own level with a silver mixed in here or there.

Just for the record I am Annihilation specced.

At what level? because it gets worse higher up you go. The whole it gets better thing is not really true.

I'm pretty sure you guys are doing it wrong I consistently do heroic 4 with my bro who plays an operative concealment spec and im annihilation I absolutely tear through elite mobs. Force charge deadly saber while in the Air battering assault rupture 2 assaults to stack bleeds to 3 activate berserk bleeds crit and the mobs goes down in 10 secs flat. At lv 22 with 2 points in bleed out and hungering blood for the healing from blood crits combined with berserk automatically making your bleeds crit with cloak of pain you have crazy survivability. Sure we can't solo 2 or 3 plus elite mobs but we have crazy single target damage.

You keep saying this is a weak class but from everything I've read both carnage and annihilation are incredibly high dps at lv 50 with a slight edge to annihilation. Carnage has trouble at lower lvs sure but the maruader is far from broken. Can't speak for jugs though Edited by Morigin

You keep saying this is a weak class but from everything I've read both carnage and annihilation are incredibly high dps at lv 50 with a slight edge to annihilation. Carnage has trouble at lower lvs sure but the maruader is far from broken. Can't speak for jugs though

Ok even if that is the case that is at 50. This game is about the story and getting to 50. If you have a hard time soloing your class quest alone cause of how gimp your char is, that is not feeling like a sith. In fact no other class has this same issue. Even healers can solo better.

Srsly what spec are you playing that you can't solo your class quests? Id love to know because ive played up to Nar shadda and the only class quest that required me to try more than once was Lord Rathari and that took maybe 3 times. As long as you use your abilities correctly you should be mopping up. Edited by Morigin

I disagree with OP. I currently play a vengeance specced jug at 22 and I TEAR through enemies. Yeah I'll die if i attack a gold who's 2 levels higher than me and with some golds it's a toss up but challenge makes the game fun. If we could own every mob no problem it would be a boring game. But for 95% of mobs, I tear through them like Anakin massacring the sand people.

Maybe your rotation is off? I do:

Force Charge -> Assault (2-3x) -> Smash -> Ravage -> Force Scream -> Vicious slash/(sundering) assault to burn off or build up rage depending on cool downs and repeat.

Very rarely do I even make it past the full ravage unless it's a gold or boss.

I disagree with OP. I currently play a vengeance specced jug at 22 and I TEAR through enemies. Yeah I'll die if i attack a gold who's 2 levels higher than me and with some golds it's a toss up but challenge makes the game fun. If we could own every mob no problem it would be a boring game. But for 95% of mobs, I tear through them like Anakin massacring the sand people.

Maybe your rotation is off? I do:

Force Charge -> Assault (2-3x) -> Smash -> Ravage -> Force Scream -> Vicious slash/(sundering) assault to burn off or build up rage depending on cool downs and repeat.

Very rarely do I even make it past the full ravage unless it's a gold or boss.

Good to know I've been hearing vengeance is underpowered. But I think alot of these post have to do with not executing their rotation properly.

Good to know I've been hearing vengeance is underpowered. But I think alot of these post have to do with not executing their rotation properly.

You will find out one way or another

Most of the post of people saying everything is fine is either people lying to themselves, or not played the other classes.

I'm pretty sure your just a troll if the class is so bad then go to the bh si forums you're not helping here giving people misinformation simply because you hate sith warriors because you can't play them correctly

Just a troll?

People in the beta had the same problems. Others have the same problems.

Once im done with chap 1 Im going to reroll. Im just sad that the story and playstyle I like is underpower.

If you want to be gimp go ahead, but some people are smart enough to know what is weak and what is not. SW is weak

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Sith warrior is not the weakest class and the fact you claim to play one and have trouble doing your class quests is laughable class is fine but being bad can't be fixed.

The thing is, you don't find threads like this in the other class forums (except the knight one, of course). In this very thread, about half of the posts are people agreeing with the OP and sharing similar experiences (the other half are the standard "l2p" posts that threads like this always attract).

Plug your ears and scream all you like, but where there's smoke, there's fire. To be sure, I'm not 50 on any character yet, so I can't say for certain what it all looks like then, but at the lower levels at least, nothing feels weaker than a warrior/knight. And I'm not one of those drooling Force-user fans who thinks they should be an alpha class, either; I'm just stating facts here.

Seriously - you are telling me the Sith Warrior is not the Darth Vader kick-*** character and so far it seems true.

I mean the Sith Warriors should be the tank and DPS character of the dark side and every other dark side character gets more HP at the same level as the SW. This has nothing to do with playing the character right or wrong - this is even for Bioware simply stupid and wrong. Yes the SW story is cool and the look and feel too but playing a SW in pure Solo Main Quest Mode is a PITA. Heroic missions or areas are not doable alone with a SW. I hope there will be a patch soon as I like the story and the "general" idea of the Sith Warrior but currently this character is more a Jedi Knight than a Sith Lord.

Edited by LordAragon

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Sith warrior is not the weakest class and the fact you claim to play one and have trouble doing your class quests is laughable class is fine but being bad can't be fixed.

Once you get higher level your class quest has some gold rank mobs that will give you trouble.

This is not a l2p or skill matter, this class really is weak. Im sure end game it will be fine, but leveling up this class is a joke at best. The very fact that I have to twink him out just to be on par with everyone else is a joke in itself.

No this is a l2p issues if you think that forum chatter is representative of a classes balance you are a fool. Just because people say the class is weak does not mean that it is. I have had no issues there are plenty of posts saying that the class is fine some specs do have trouble leveling up like carnage and vengeance due to certain abilities that make the spec being high in the tree those are legit concerns but that does not mean the class as a whole is broken.