Unifying colors

Jalunda

Is anybody beside me even slightly upset by how restricting Unify Colours option is in the game? I would like to be able to unify my armour set to my boots if I chose to, as opposed to only my chest piece. Would be an easy solution to make it so people could make a more customised look to their chosen armour

Is anybody beside me even slightly upset by how restricting Unify Colours option is in the game? I would like to be able to unify my armour set to my boots if I chose to, as opposed to only my chest piece. Would be an easy solution to make it so people could make a more customised look to their chosen armour

Who gives two ***** . there s other stuff that needs to be fixed first

The reason why it isn't done that way is because the color indicates what level of gear it is. The chestpiece is the most difficult piece to obtain for a set, so it determines the color of the rest of your armor.

Not a bad suggestion. I love the feature and adding more options would make it even better.

Edited by Galbatorrix

If you give a mouse a cookie...

You guys do realize they have multiple teams of Devs right?

Art-Game art, textures, models, and such.

UI Designers.

FP/Ops designers or level designers

Gameplay Designers

PvP

Story

etc

I would like the idea.

Anyone else getting this bug (or is it intended) lately where your gloves and boots hew to the small accents of color on the chest instead of the majority color? Like, you're wearing a black robe trimmed in Purple and your boots turn purple instead of black. Or, you have a Brown Robe with a yellow accent some where and your gloves and boots turn yellow instead of brown. Is this working as intended?

Anyone else getting this bug (or is it intended) lately where your gloves and boots hew to the small accents of color on the chest instead of the majority color? Like, you're wearing a black robe trimmed in Purple and your boots turn purple instead of black. Or, you have a Brown Robe with a yellow accent some where and your gloves and boots turn yellow instead of brown. Is this working as intended?

Yep, it just adopts the color scheme to help it flow better with your chest piece. It doesn't necessarily completely recolor the armor.

Hell, my rakata legs don't change at all, regardless of whether I unify its colors or not.

I do have that problem currently. Wearing the white and brown "Veteran Elder" robe piece and got some augmented pants. For some reason though no matter what augmented pants I buy (I've tried about 5 different ones now) they only change the smaller accents on the pants, with the main color not changing so it doesn't match properly.

Won't matter once 1.3 hits and I can just augment my Veteren Elder leggings. :)

Unifying with the chestpiece has been a great improvement on my enjoyment of the game. I'd love for this option and the hide headgear option to be available for my companions as well, but I'm not complaining at all. This was a great add.

I'm not upset by that in the least. The chest piece is the tough piece to assemble and it's the major piece that you see when looking at your toon. Unifying to it makes sense.

All right, would definitly prefere to see that one too, but would also wana see some bothersome other bugs fixed. Won't even go in the bug list.

nope im fine with what we got so far. now if you said when i craft a armor should i be able to add say a color gem to the schem and then choose the armor color myself>? or at least the base main color and then when unifying,

my gear would look spot on? then id say yes please, but im totally satisfied with unify to chest.

and to be honest here, while im sure you mean well and wish for more customization in the game... at this point there are a lot of things that bioware should prioritize. cosmetics isnt a priority. and shouldnt be.

in the future though i would like to see a more fleshed out customizing system. or maybe even color choice for chest when you first equip, or a npc that you talk to and then you step into a chamber and poof, new color.

i know on my BH ship there is a couple of static elements that could become a paint booth ;)

Yep, it just adopts the color scheme to help it flow better with your chest piece. It doesn't necessarily completely recolor the armor.

Hell, my rakata legs don't change at all, regardless of whether I unify its colors or not.

That's the problem though. Sometimes, the accent it's matching is so small, the gloves and boots look very out of place. For instance, this robe, http://www.iplayswtor.com/pictures/picture_71.jpg makes my gloves and boots mostly yellow in color. Which actually clashes pretty bad.

Also, with this robe, http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/7372.jpg which is very dark, I had some gloves also look yellow/light brownish in color.

I do remember hearing something about it being based on models that are available in game. In other words, if the model exists in 4 colors, the system will try to choose one of the 4 that best matches. It won't recolor it to whatever color is truly warranted.

The reason why it isn't done that way is because the color indicates what level of gear it is. The chestpiece is the most difficult piece to obtain for a set, so it determines the color of the rest of your armor.

That isn't why, actually. When you use a system that unifies the colors on an outfit, it's simply easier to pick one piece to go off of for the pieces you want to match when you go to code it into the game. They picked the chest because that generally has the biggest effect on the overall look.

Who gives two ***** . there s other stuff that needs to be fixed first

While I agree with you, the OP is still correct. We were told we could customize our appearance in 1.2, we can't. The OP has a legit point that should be added to the plethora of other issues Bioware needs to work on.

That's the problem though. Sometimes, the accent it's matching is so small, the gloves and boots look very out of place. For instance, this robe, http://www.iplayswtor.com/pictures/picture_71.jpg makes my gloves and boots mostly yellow in color. Which actually clashes pretty bad.

Also, with this robe, http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/7372.jpg which is very dark, I had some gloves also look yellow/light brownish in color.

I do remember hearing something about it being based on models that are available in game. In other words, if the model exists in 4 colors, the system will try to choose one of the 4 that best matches. It won't recolor it to whatever color is truly warranted.

I take it the Imperial side doesn't look anything like that?

I take it the Imperial side doesn't look anything like that?

Well, those are Consular robes, so no, probably not. If you're referring to the issue I'm having, then yes, it's the same on the imp side. My SI's robe from BT for instance, is mostly black, but causes my boots and such to mostly turn purple.

Edited by Galbatorrix

While I agree with you, the OP is still correct. We were told we could customize our appearance in 1.2, we can't. The OP has a legit point that should be added to the plethora of other issues Bioware needs to work on.

Being able to unify your gear color scheme IS customization. It might not be what you want, or what you envisioned it to be, but it is still customization. If two people are wearing the same piece of gear but the colors are different, how is that NOT customization? I guess just because it doesn't match what you had pictured in your tiny little mind, BW lied?

I am fine with how they do it. I'd like to be able to dye pieces individually once they smooth out more important issues.

Well, those are Consular robes, so no, probably not. If you're referring to the issue I'm having, then yes, it's the same on the imp side. My SI's robe from BT for instance, is mostly black, but causes my boots and such to mostly turn purple.

No, just wondered about the robes themselves. The last part...ouch.