The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

List your kill order

JKingu

I was wondering what everyone's kill order is?

As a marauder mine goes:

Sorc/Sage Healer #1 (easy fast kill, dangerous when left alone)

Op/smug healer #2 (tough kill, to strong to be left alone)

Sorc/Merc dps #3 (easy kill/ strong when left alone)

Merc Healer #4 (not as strong as an op, but still useful when left alone)

Op/Smug dps #5 (Squishy, but dangerous when left alone

Rest is situational

Does your list look similar?

Edited by JKingu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCing healers and killing squishy DPS is often the best way to win if you have enough combined damage to kill someone in the 8 seconds of a mez (stun/mez the healer, he cc breaks then 8 second mez him and kill a DPS, rinse repeat.) Because a healer will often survive longer against coordinated burst, especially if guarded which would break the mez if you tried to mez the tank and kill the healer.

If there are multiple healers, it depends on the objective. Defending a point in ald for example against 2 dps and 1 tank 2 dps - CC the DPS and conserve your cooldowns/resources to burst the unguarded healer or a DPS that chased out of LoS down the side. The idea being if you CC the DPS, you last longer. Now if you're attacking - things change considerably. Namely if that many people are at a point, you're better off having the team hit the other point and using 1-2 people to stall that group.

Kill orders are never as simple as people want them to be. I could list hundreds of examples of different kill orders and the reasons for them. It's why things like "Mark the healers" is something I don't do, and call people stupid for doing it. Tunnel visioning healers is not the magical key to victory.

Really depends on my teammates. If they're good about killing enemy healers I'll protect ours, so,

#1 Kill enemy healer or protect our healer

#2 Proceed with what isn't complete from previous priority

#3 Kill who I think is the most threat or who is on a range dps. (Yup, protect those squishies)

0) DPS Mercs, Pyro/Assault, DPS ops/snipers

1) Healers

2) Non Tank specced DPS

3) Tanks

I run in a premade. Group 0 will usually die in 2-4 GCDs, healers take about 4 GCDs, the others just take a little longer. Dead DPS = no dps.

whoever the rest of the group is also shooting.

this ^^^

Well, except on defense in Voidstar or Alderaan Civil War. Then the priority is interrupting anyone who is slicing a turret/planting a bomb.

Edited by SweetOldBob
amended response for ACW and VS.

CCing healers and killing squishy DPS is often the best way to win if you have enough combined damage to kill someone in the 8 seconds of a mez (stun/mez the healer, he cc breaks then 8 second mez him and kill a DPS, rinse repeat.) Because a healer will often survive longer against coordinated burst, especially if guarded which would break the mez if you tried to mez the tank and kill the healer.

If there are multiple healers, it depends on the objective. Defending a point in ald for example against 2 dps and 1 tank 2 dps - CC the DPS and conserve your cooldowns/resources to burst the unguarded healer or a DPS that chased out of LoS down the side. The idea being if you CC the DPS, you last longer. Now if you're attacking - things change considerably. Namely if that many people are at a point, you're better off having the team hit the other point and using 1-2 people to stall that group.

Kill orders are never as simple as people want them to be. I could list hundreds of examples of different kill orders and the reasons for them. It's why things like "Mark the healers" is something I don't do, and call people stupid for doing it. Tunnel visioning healers is not the magical key to victory.

I agree with what you are saying. I really wish this game had more of situational kills, more cc'ing healers to kill dps or the other way around. But tunnel visioning the healer 9/10 times (especially sorc healers) regardless if i can kill them or not seems like the most logical thing to do, since i can take them out of the equation.

I was wondering what everyone's kill order is?

As a marauder mine goes:

Sorc/Sage Healer #1 (easy fast kill, dangerous when left alone)

Op/smug healer #2 (tough kill, to strong to be left alone)

Sorc/Merc dps #3 (easy kill/ strong when left alone)

Merc Healer #4 (not as strong as an op, but still useful when left alone)

Op/Smug dps #5 (Squishy, but dangerous when left alone

Rest is situational

Does your list look similar?

Your list is entirely wrong

It should be

Faceroll keyboard and kill everything in sight

Priority List that I'll apply team dps to:

(I play a Marauder).

1. Healer out of position

2. Squishy dps overextended.

3. Dps tank overextended.

4. Ranged dps flanking my team on the opposite side of his.

5. Easy targets

7. Anything else

Against a premade: Play defensively until a weak link is identified and cooldowns have been used.

Exclusions: Peeling for my support.

What I avoid at all costs: Good Snipers.

You and every other Marauder...

Its the 1 saber and robes. Easy to tell you out in a crowd. You either are healing, or doing damage somewhere, or both.

Part of the reason I dislike the design choice that all classes have their own distinct look.

Assuming against a strong team with all the usual stuff (guarded healers and whatnot).

1. Sorc, all of them (this gives you an idea of what their healer's priorities are).

2+3. The guy guarding the Merc healer and the Merc healer, which ever happens to die first.

4. PT/Jugg/Sniper/Op (DPS)

5. Marauder

6. Tankasin

7. Operative (healer)

Operative healer is last not because they're weak but because it's usually easier to burst DPS another DPS then the Op himself, since DPS stay still and fight back while the Operative will usually be humping a pillar. If you found one that isn't humping a pillar, they should have the #2 spot, but pretty much every Operative healer is always near a pillar somewhere.

Its the 1 saber and robes. Easy to tell you out in a crowd. You either are healing, or doing damage somewhere, or both.

Part of the reason I dislike the design choice that all classes have their own distinct look.

We also get cool little "Look at me, I'm squishy and die fast" icons over our heads now. Plus any good team will have marked the healers and those don't reset on player death.

in general bad equipped players ;)

vanguard, IF similar build

Any Healer (impossible to kill solo if he is well equipped and not stupid)

sage/sorcs (most easiest to kill, don't lose more than 30%hp and only so much if other opponents are slowing me down or stunning me additionally to the sage/sorc)

then i target what's best in each situation

as dd sage/sorc

i just use slow and stunn to help the team, but killing something alone that is well equipped, with full hp and fighting back is impossible if the opponent is not damn bad.

as sentinel, watchman

healers of any class

situational

0) DPS Mercs, Pyro/Assault, DPS ops/snipers

1) Healers

2) Non Tank specced DPS

3) Tanks

I run in a premade. Group 0 will usually die in 2-4 GCDs, healers take about 4 GCDs, the others just take a little longer. Dead DPS = no dps.

This is the way it should be done. If the enemy doesnt have DPS then you dont need healers yourself and can stack even more DPS to even further this strategy.

Everyone knows this concept but it seems we dont talk about it much on the PVP forums. Its the same as putting a bubble on a player being attacked..premptive healing...kill the DPS and the enemy teams' DPS will be so low they won't be able to kill you even healerless. This is why PT powertechs that can solo kill in few GCDs need to marked in WZs, just like healers are, and focused as soon as they are near.

This is also why healers will be buffed eventually because when people's group PVP skill reaches the point on the learning curve that they understand and implement this strategy the Devs become forced to buff healers so people play them in PVP.

Edited by LancelotOC

That guy trying to hiding in the corner furthest away from any of the objectives. He is obviously biding his time to unleash a devestating attack. My team should thank me seeking him out.

Your a hero