The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP Daily FAIL. What were you thinking?

DarthWoad

http://oi47.tinypic.com/358rw8w.jpg

Within the first minute they had capped 2, we capped one. We tried to retake the middle, but it seemed we were against a premade group, plus there were about 2 healers on the enemy team.

When we lost about 1/3 of our points, the team just gave up.

"It doesn't matter if we win or lose, I'll still finish my daily"

A few of the players said this. I was the only one defending our only cap, so obviously I couldnt leave it to attack the others. Eventually the players on my team just went cba, and we all decided to have a picnic/family gathering, and sat down around our cap. The guy in the ship had just joined the game, but I think he left quickly.

I'm annoyed with the fact that youre helping new players even more to get high end gear. What happened to the good old days where you actually worked hard to get stuff? Now its just TOO EASY.

I didnt know whether to take a pic of us sitting down or the map (it would have been better to see the players, but the map shows more information :) ) And yes I play windowed mode.

Edited by DarthWoad

Now, I suck at PVP, but 5 of your team of 8 protecting one gun? Your chances of capturing another are very small.

that's his point.. they don't care if they win because they will still get the daily done. so they just /sit or /dance for 15-20 min and get the 1 game played.

i'm in total agreement with the OP..

that's his point.. they don't care if they win because they will still get the daily done. so they just /sit or /dance for 15-20 min and get the 1 game played.

I see. If I was more into PVP, I would find that rather irritating as well.

Within the first minute they had capped 2, we capped one. We tried to retake the middle, but it seemed we were against a premade group, plus there were about 2 healers on the enemy team.

A few of the players said this. I was the only one defending our only cap, so obviously I couldnt leave it to attack the others. Eventually the players on my team just went cba, and we all decided to have a picnic/family gathering, and sat down around our cap. The guy in the ship had just joined the game, but I think he left quickly.

I'm annoyed with the fact that youre helping new players even more to get high end gear. What happened to the good old days where you actually worked hard to get stuff? Now its just TOO EASY.

I didnt know whether to take a pic of us sitting down or the map (it would have been better to see the players, but the map shows more information :) ) And yes I play windowed mode.

I got stuck in one of these matches yesterday, yeah it's disgusting but its a crappy players issue not a crappy systems issue. These are the same people previously who would have quit the match as soon as the enemy first captured two points, and the same people who Ilum farmed kills. At least now people stick around to finish a warzone, more than anything else this should be expected as a result of the garbage standard gear focus in the current string of MMOs. So long as the only point of PvP or PvE in games is zomgphatlewt this sort of behavior makes sense.

Edited by SWImara

I'll tell you exactly what they were thinking:

Scenario A - Premades faceroll PUGs. Premades complete dailies for commendations and receive more medals for commendations allowing premades to gear up faster and faceroll even more PUGs. PUGs stop queuing. Premades fill the forums with QQ about queue times. PUGs fill the forums with QQ about Premades.

Scenario B - Premades faceroll PUGs. Premades and PUGs complete dailies for commendations. Premades still receive more medals for commendations. Premade to PUG gear disparity marginally lessened. PUGs continue queuing knowing they will be rewarded after 6 defeats. PUGs fill the forums with QQ about Premades until they get geared enough to join a Premade.

Scenario A - Premades faceroll PUGs. Premades complete dailies for commendations and receive more medals for commendations allowing premades to gear up faster and faceroll even more PUGs. PUGs stop queuing. Premades fill the forums with QQ about queue times. PUGs fill the forums with QQ about Premades.

Scenario B - Premades faceroll PUGs. Premades and PUGs complete dailies for commendations. Premades still receive more medals for commendations. Premade to PUG gear disparity marginally lessened. PUGs continue queuing knowing they will be rewarded after 6 defeats. PUGs fill the forums with QQ about Premades until they get geared enough to join a Premade.

it only takes a couple days of pugging to get full BM. so it's usually not a gear issue with them getting into premades. it's a player issue and most of these players are too bad to make it into a good premade and end up forming bad pvp guilds that get facerolled anyways (sometimes by pugs too). we have a couple of these guilds on our server.

So do you think you would have won with that team if the daily requirement was still 3 wins?

The answer is most likely no. Once you fell behind they would have all gone to the same gun and camped for medals. The only thing that it changed is you made progress towards your daily instead of not making progress toward your daily.

Queue again and hope for a better luck of the draw on teammates.

Yeah but lets also look at the fact that when progressing through your WH gear grind, the 100 rated's that you earn from completing your daily is just a part of the equation, and when you sit around and do nothing, get a medal or two and coast to a win you get maybe 40 or 50 comms per WZ, roughly 10 or 20 rated's after the conversion. So by "dancing" your way through, it would take close to a month just to get an WH offland or a mainhand alone. I don't think most guys who are somewhat serious about pvp would settle for how long that grind would be at that pace.

I also think that you will always see people hugging a node no matter what if they are getting wtfstomped, no point in relentlessly hero'ing in and getting rolled over and over again if you are clearly outclassed. Moral to the story here is that you will never make everyone happy, but I do believe that these changes make more people happy than not.

So do you think you would have won with that team if the daily requirement was still 3 wins?

The answer is most likely no. Once you fell behind they would have all gone to the same gun and camped for medals. The only thing that it changed is you made progress towards your daily instead of not making progress toward your daily.

Queue again and hope for a better luck of the draw on teammates.

We could have won....there was a chance to turn the game around but no one took it because they "knew" theyd lose... if the requirement was 3 wins, the y would have worked harder... this is the first time anything like this has happened, and i recognise some of the people who i play with, they gave up

This change is good and was needed. Anyone who PvPs wants people to PvP against and contrary to popoular belief most die hard PvPers want a challenge--they dont want to face roll pugs with no gear. The new daily system makes sure their gear is progressing even if they are unable to win.

If your competitive and you want to avoid this then find the best PvPers on your server and make friends with them. Roll in a 4 man group and increase your chances to win.

They were thinking "who do I make happy?".

I wasn't in your game, but everyone gathering around 1 turret happened WAY before they changed the daily. Quite often in fact. It happens when teams give up on the idea that they can win. Whether that is at 300-120 or whenever.

One perspective = Now the daily is not any work and lazy peeps can just turret sit three times to win it. True.

Other perspective = Now the people who keep trying and dying over and over can still complete their daily. Also true.

They had to choose between rewarding the people who try and letting those who don't tag along, or punishing the people who don't try and letting those who do be punished along with them?

Neither is ideal, but sad to say I would rather see people who try rewarded, even if it means some lazy people tag along, than the opposite.

Sad to say people been giving up on PvP matches before the change. The difference now is they stick around till the end.

The issue (on my server, at least) isn't just the whole "oh well, we lose, let me just milk medals and still get credit for daily" mentality, but also the fact that even when I'm in a premade group, the other 4 members of the team now tend to be fresh 50's, 50's that never pvp'd before (and happen to always wear pve gear), and even 50's that are still wearing lv. 40 pvp gear (albeit, we did have a tank-specced jug wearing lv. 34 green gear who only had 10,9k hp after BH buff a few times) are now all pugging up at prime-time (when the republic alpha team queues). Sure, before the patch we could carry 1 or 2 fresh 50's on our team and still win, but now it's damn near impossible when team composition turns out like this against geared teams.

I think they need to start subdividing lv. 50 bracket based on expertise values. At least, this is what we have been hoping would happen as a result of the introduction of ranked warzones, but the delay on those are just another can of worms. I have no real issue with these changes (since winning still nets greater comm rewards) but I'd actually encourage that they reduce the total number of matches needed to be played (losses are to be expected when players like this end up screwing over a premade) so that these players don't need to be constantly hindering the rest of the team for 6 matches. Either bracket the lv. 50 warzones based on expertise (i.e. 0-300, 301-600, 601-900, 901-1200, 1200+), reduce the rewards for losses (forcing people to say "oh well" less frequently), or reduce the total losses needed for the daily (so that these players can screw up fewer games), or make it a requirement to have at least 900 expertise (recruit gear covers this) to be easily considered for being able to enter a warzone (i.e. attempt to search for players with 900+ expertise before anyone below that gets considered for getting a queue to pop - god knows the amount of time between queues has increased long enough since the patch that makes sure each team has at least x amount of players for it to actually be able to do this at the same time) and only select a person with less than 900 expertise as a last resort to determine equal #'s for warzones.

Cross server q'ing and rated WZ are our only hope.

Sadly, the development team has prioritized Dungeon

Finder and Chicken wrestling matches, scooby doo mounts

and hug emotes from around the world.

As long as the Dev's are having a good time thou...

who needs our $15 a month anyway!

Thats BS though, and the defence everyone is clinging to is "Oh but now when I lose 6 times I get a REWARD!" tee hee. Ya, have fun with your 99 comms, it's really going to help you catch up against the premades that got the same boost, and are still outgaining your *** by a long shot.

I don't hate the patch, or what BW was trying to do, but it ruined PvP on my server. I could actually win when it was dedicated PvPers queing up; Now that all the bads that hate losing are jumping in, and people that are so-so just not even trying, it has become crap.

I know the point of all this was to give you SOMETHING, even for losing. Like a participation sticker. But what it really did was give people an excuse to not try.

If you are really bad, you should be motivation to get better if you want to win.

If your not into PvP, you SHOULD be less geared than those that are.

People don't like to be the reason their team loses. People don't like losing and getting nothing. These are MOTIVATIONS and REASONS to get better. Things you have now completely removed. It's almost like the guys that gets on the interwebs, and becomes a complete ***, just because of his anonymousity. You are GIVING people an excuse to not try or be bad. I know it wasn't your intent, but that is what it has become.

I do appreciate the effort on BWs part though.

I call shenanigans. His team only has 20 points in the screenshot, meaning they JUST captured that turret. This isn't a pic of them stalling and dancing around. This is a pic of them at the end of the battle for the one turret they captured.

OP is fabricating a story because he's angry he didn't get the one warzone win he needed to complete the daily and had to play one more match (see screenshot for that, too).

I call shenanigans. His team only has 20 points in the screenshot, meaning they JUST captured that turret. This isn't a pic of them stalling and dancing around. This is a pic of them at the end of the battle for the one turret they captured.

OP is fabricating a story because he's angry he didn't get the one warzone win he needed to complete the daily and had to play one more match (see screenshot for that, too).

This....

I took the screenshot near the end of the match. Like I said, we lost about 1/3 of our points, thats when everyone just sat around our only cap. I just thought about taking a screenshot near the end of the game as we'd been sitting so long.

Thats BS though, and the defence everyone is clinging to is "Oh but now when I lose 6 times I get a REWARD!" tee hee. Ya, have fun with your 99 comms, it's really going to help you catch up against the premades that got the same boost, and are still outgaining your *** by a long shot.

I don't hate the patch, or what BW was trying to do, but it ruined PvP on my server. I could actually win when it was dedicated PvPers queing up; Now that all the bads that hate losing are jumping in, and people that are so-so just not even trying, it has become crap.

I know the point of all this was to give you SOMETHING, even for losing. Like a participation sticker. But what it really did was give people an excuse to not try.

If you are really bad, you should be motivation to get better if you want to win.

If your not into PvP, you SHOULD be less geared than those that are.

People don't like to be the reason their team loses. People don't like losing and getting nothing. These are MOTIVATIONS and REASONS to get better. Things you have now completely removed. It's almost like the guys that gets on the interwebs, and becomes a complete ***, just because of his anonymousity. You are GIVING people an excuse to not try or be bad. I know it wasn't your intent, but that is what it has become.

I do appreciate the effort on BWs part though.

This post is full of contradictions.....

How is a "bad" supposed to get any better, or more gear, if the way it was pre-patch they kept getting rickrolled repeatedly and a daily ends up taking 3 days? You claim to want solid skilled fights yet you don't want the "bads" to have a shot at getting better.

I really respect when a high valor ranked fully geared player who had a more tough grind than those today do says they don't care about these changes because gear is a crutch and they would prefer everyone on equal ground, it shows a much more honest approach to real competition. Besides, in most cases, a well gear "bad" will always be bad.