So when is bioware going to bring in space combat pvp?

RaithHarth

How long did it take for SWG to introduce JTL? It was between 6 and 9 months after launch. Prior to that, there was zero space flight. I mention SWG because, in my opinion, it had the single best space combat in any game, ever. The only thing it was missing was player owned and operated capital ships.

The space game in TOR isn't much, but, it's better than what SWG had during those first 6 to 9 months. Hopefully, Bioware takes advantage of the demand for a great space game and introduces something more. As it stands right now, the current space game is good filler only - until it's further developed.

I have hopes ...

How long did it take for SWG to introduce JTL? It was between 6 and 9 months after launch. Prior to that, there was zero space flight. I mention SWG because, in my opinion, it had the single best space combat in any game, ever. The only thing it was missing was player owned and operated capital ships.

The space game in TOR isn't much, but, it's better than what SWG had during those first 6 to 9 months. Hopefully, Bioware takes advantage of the demand for a great space game and introduces something more. As it stands right now, the current space game is good filler only - until it's further developed.

I have hopes ...

1. december, 2. january, 3. february, 4. march, 5. april, 6. may

That's 6 months, time to roll it out Bioware,

The way the ships opperate i doubt youll see any space pvp. They would have to redo everything about how we travel through space and I dont think they will invest the time and resources in doing this. They are still trying to fix the normal pvp.

If space combat PvP was not dev'd during initial development then it could take a long time to release if ever! Most of what is being released now has already been dev'd prior to launch but not pushed until fine tuned and ready to go live. At launch only content that BW deemed most important or absolutely necessary was released. I highly doubt space combat PvP will be released within the first year since BW did not deem it important or steered clear of it in order to be more distant from SWG.

This to me is a huge mistake but I am not a game dev so they should know better than me...heh. Though very surprising BW did not realize the potential and how much players enjoyed space combat PvP especially since PvP content as a whole is very thin! Its Star Wars for crying out loud!!! :rak_04: