Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Subs down 25%

Sabilok

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes the other guys comment not make any sense. He was responding to someone stating that of the 2.4 million sold, there would have been people who bought more then 1 copy, so that would mean that we can also assume that the remaining 1.3 million subs also have people who have more 1 active account.

Because we know there were people who bought multiple boxes and we know why. They are collectors. What possible logic is there in subscribing for multiple accounts?

Because we know there were people who bought multiple boxes and we know why. They are collectors. What possible logic is there in subscribing for multiple accounts?

Dual boxing/Multi-boxing, and yes, there are people who do have multiple accounts for just 1 person cause they like to dual box, some people probably have 4 accounts going at once and they are running 4 characters at the same time. There is a sizable segment of the MMO industry that likes to dual box, there are even websites dedicated for this.

In case you don't know what dual boxing/multi boxing is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-boxing

a forum dedicated to Dual boxing, this is the SWTOR section

http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/50-Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic

Edited by Wolfeisberg

Dual boxing, and yes, there are people who do have multiple accounts for just 1 person cause they like to dual box, some people probably have 4 accounts going at once and they are running 4 characters at the same time. There is a sizable segment of the MMO industry that likes to dual box, there are even websites dedicated for this.

>>;

Except that people dual-box to PvP, and if people were PvPing I wouldn't have to wait 20-30 minutes per queue.

>>;

Except that people dual-box to PvP, and if people were PvPing I wouldn't have to wait 20-30 minutes per queue.

So you agree then, there are people out there with more then 1 account for themselves for dual/multi boxing, which makes that other poster comment make complete sense. By the way, people dual box for PvP and/or PvE

So you agree then, there are people out there with more then 1 account for themselves for dual/multi boxing, which makes that other poster comment make complete sense. By the way, people dual box for PvP and/or PvE

Yeah. They usually suck tho in group content. One can do well with them in small grp content or solo leveling..but put thier multiple chars into a raid and or even heroic 5 mans in WoW for example and they will suck big time. That has been my experence with them atleast.

Edited by Valkirus

Yeah. They usually suck tho in group content. One can do well with them in small grp content or solo leveling..but put thier multiple chars into a raid and or even heroic 5 mans in WoW for example and they will suck big time. That has been my experence with them atleast.

I beleive there is at least one nutball who solo raids all of WoW successfully and pays nearly 6k a year for the priviledge. Not sure thats much of "win" in life though.

I beleive there is at least one nutball who solo raids all of WoW successfully and pays nearly 6k a year for the priviledge. Not sure thats much of "win" in life though.

I donot beleave any multboxer can solo the latest raids in WoW. Maybe older ones...which you outlevel the mobs. But Dragon Soul? No way. I would have to know the player personally and trust he is not cheating or lying to beleave it..:p

Not the current tier dungeon. And as far as I know, they aren't multiboxing. Usually the past tier dungeon some pretty talented people can do.

Here's one from last tier dungeon, still quite a feat since there are some people that still wipe to this boss with a full 10 man raid =P

What makes the other guys comment not make any sense? He was responding to someone stating that of the 2.4 million sold, there would have been people who bought more then 1 copy, so that would mean that we can also assume that the remaining 1.3 million subs also have people who have more 1 active account.

Exactly what I was saying.

Please no.

The F2P model is terribad.

Why do you want to ruin TOR like that?

depends on the model they use.

Personally, I don't think the game is worth a subscription. I think leveling up a toon 1-50 on occasion for the story makes for a decent single player experience, but paying a subscription for a single player game is absurd, and the MMO aspects of this game are terrible.

Hundreds of thousands of people apparently agree at least on that second point.

Boy, that's a stretch...

Hundreds of thousands chose not to play the game. You have no clue as to their reasons, only your own.

Hundreds of thousands of people have determined that the game isn't worth paying a subscription. I don't see how that's a stretch.

Hundreds of thousands of people have determined that the game isn't worth paying a subscription. I don't see how that's a stretch.

You said "paying for a single player game". I know several who don't play anymore, but they NEVER viewed this as a single-player game, just an MMO that, refreshingly, gave more consideration to solo play.

Your insinuation was clear. Don't try to be Captain Semantic again...

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Boy, that's a stretch...

Hundreds of thousands chose not to play the game. You have no clue as to their reasons, only your own.

I would'nt go that far. I think his reasons are basically sound. I enjoyed the game immensely for about 3 months. So it was worth the purchase price and a couple months sub. But at it's present state, it is not worth a sub for the long term and this is what I would advise anyone I know who is wanting to get the game. However I donot think TOR should go FTP. Even if it did, I would'nt play it anymore than I am lately..which is rarely.

Edited by Valkirus

Boy, that's a stretch...

Let's not forget the ones that weren't reported due to free month,

please god come back please! free trials and the free week.

On another note, dead servers are not fun.

But if you think this is bad...

...this year has just begun.

Edited by Tiaa

You said "paying for a single player game". I know several who don't play anymore, but they NEVER viewed this as a single-player game, just an MMO that, refreshingly, gave more consideration to solo play.

Your insinuation was clear. Don't try to be Captain Semantic again...

No my second point was "the MMO features are terrible"

That's what I think the hundreds of thousands of people are saying.

Remember, critics LAUDED this game, even people like Yahtzee claimed he liked it more than other MMO's

... But they weren't playing it for the long term, they don't see what happens to the game once you've completed your class story.

Edited by DarthVindictus

Yeah..in like 2 days actually....D3 :rolleyes:

Free trials, multiple free weekends, and a free month already.

Also I don't why why you guys are saying hundreds of thousands. 2.4 million people bought the game and 1.1 million have already decided not to spend another penny on it and we're not even 6 months in or into the rought stretch of summer + competitors launching.

IMO "over a million" drives the point home better and is more accurate than "hundreds of thousands".

Heck "hundreds of thousands" almost sounds like damage control when the reality is "over a million" people have decided to quit..

Edited by HKDeath

No my second point was "the MMO features are terrible"

That's what I think the hundreds of thousands of people are saying.

Remember, critics LAUDED this game, even people like Yahtzee claimed he liked it more than other MMO's

... But they were playing it for the long term, they don't see what happens to the game once you've completed your class story.

Again, you have no clue as to peoples' situations. In the past, I've stopped playing and paying for an MMO because I had no income. I know some who go specific months not playing because they have outdoors events to do with their children. And still yet some others that work 80+ hours per week during Spring and Summer months, off during the Fall and Winter.

And on and on, none of which have ANYTHING to do with the state of the game. So, I reiterate, you have no clue why those hundreds of thousands stopped paying and playing, only your own reasons.

And on and on, none of which have ANYTHING to do with the state of the game. So, I reiterate, you have no clue why those hundreds of thousands stopped paying and playing, only your own reasons.

I know why they quit.

Google *SWTOR Basic Math*

Again, you have no clue as to peoples' situations. In the past, I've stopped playing and paying for an MMO because I had no income. I know some who go specific months not playing because they have outdoors events to do with their children. And still yet some others that work 80+ hours per week during Spring and Summer months, off during the Fall and Winter.

Which his own reasons could be accurate. We do know several on the forums have expressed his very same reasons why the game has no keeping power. Sure some who have canceled have had other reasons. But I beleave the basic fundemental reasons many have unsubbed are the ones he mentioned.

Which his own reasons could be accurate. We do know several on the forums have expressed his very same reasons why the game has no keeping power. Sure some who have canceled have had other reasons. But I beleave the basic fundemental reasons many have unsubbed are the ones he mentioned.

Like you guys wouldn't be all over me like flies on you-know-what if I said "1.3 million are still playing the game because they LOVE the story!" You'd be telling me that I can't possibly speak for anyone but myself.