Why couldn't tonight's patch wait til next Tuesday?

Ignicity

Sure, take the system down to fix something they broke in the first place...BRILLIANT!!

Yeah. For just the cubes, I think I have to agree that it could have waited til next tues. I thought the mission items thing was gonna be addressed too. :/

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY MODERATORS!!!

Any chance you can actually take these concerns to the Dev's, instead of just shutting down threads, and handing out warnings.

Be nice if we had some actual community relations.

Edited by Ignicity

Yeah. For just the cubes, I think I have to agree that it could have waited til next tues. I thought the mission items thing was gonna be addressed too. :/

What REALLY hacks me off are two things:

1) I'm going to lose out on my last paid day

2) This was a problem BW caused...THEY DID THIS...and again, it wasn't gamebreaking--if you can login and you can play there's no galaxy crushing earth shattering material plane shaking problem and the issue can wait until the next maintenance window

I'm just SO TIRED of this bovine fecal matter...classes getting cut off at the knees by devs who don't play the game or the class, this unnecessary downtime and the oh well, sucks to be you attitude being projected by CS and by BW itself. REAL problems and REAL issues are completely ignored while we lose playtime to complete idiocy like this...inexcuseable...

Edited by StaticJoe

What REALLY hacks me off are two things:

1) I'm going to lose out on my last paid day

2) This was a problem BW caused...THEY DID THIS...and again, it wasn't gamebreaking--if you can login and you can play there's no galaxy crushing earth shattering material plane shaking problem and the issue can wait until the next maintenance window

I'm just SO TIRED of this bovine fecal matter...classes getting cut off at the knees by devs who don't play the game or the class, this unnecessary downtime and the oh well, sucks to be you attitude being projected by CS and by BW itself. REAL problems and REAL issues are completely ignored while we lose playtime to comeplete idiocy like this...inexcuseable...

:(

I hope you do feel better after writing that though =]

Not really no, as nothing is going to change

Let me guess, you play a trooper?

Your not nearly as nerfed as the operations dummy tells you you are.

The Operations dummys have 5813 Armor rating which translates to 35% damage reduction against Kinnetic and Energy damage. The dummy currently has 0% damage mitigation to Internal and Elemental damage, so specs that cause high damage in those areas tend to parse higher due to the damage reduction being applied.

I run a 16 man operations group. Using Mox Parser and ranking by overall damage done. My #1 dps was an Marksman Sniper, followed closely by an Arsenal Mercinary. #3 was a Lightning Sorcers, #4 was me as a Pyrotech Mercinary (which most people claim is bad for PVE). 5 and 6 where Marauders, which are supposed to be OP now.

Let me guess, you play a trooper?

Nope, deleted him as he was mirror class of my BH

Your not nearly as nerfed as the operations dummy tells you you are.

Nope, at the time I nixed him he was only 18th or 19th and had just begun Taris IIRC...which means the rest of your post is moot and irrelevant...

EDIT: I'm strictly a solo PVE'er--I refuse to join a guild, I do no PVP whatsoever, no WZ's/FP's/HM's, I use the gear I get from rewards, drops and commendations. Also, I pay absolutely no attention whatsoever to DPS and couldn't tell you what DPS any of my toons deal out to save my life because could not care less...the ONLY thing I care about is can I defeat who/what I need to in order to finish the class SL and quests. I will try to solo the H2's and pick fights with enemies having double my HP's just to see if I can take em down, but that's it--if I lose I lose and will change tactics depending on how the engagement went and if I think I can beat it

Edited by StaticJoe

Nah thanks.. When your country makes a game then they can set the downtime, but for now I like my downtime being in your prime time. Nice try though. Go stare in awe at the Coriolis effect, assuming you're an Aussie.

Good to see that you're contributing to our healthy and thriving community.

What a load of unnecessary hostility towards fellow fans of your game...

Grow up, kid.

Edited by Lazirus-

It's 2012 and multi-billion dollar corporations don't have the tech to hot fix yet without taking the servers down?

I'm so glad there's a place for all the unprofessional people with no desire for progress to work. Could you imagine if game developers all worked in the health industry? We'd still be taste testing urine to check for diabetes.

Perspective?

Whats the player base and server difference between these two games again? Was it 7 million? Yeah, I think it was.

Lawl, perspective.

And you think that the 7 million difference player base is located in North America?

Cute.

Edited by Lazirus-

It's 2012 and multi-billion dollar corporations don't have the tech to hot fix yet without taking the servers down?

I'm so glad there's a place for all the unprofessional people with no desire for progress to work. Could you imagine if game developers all worked in the health industry? We'd still be taste testing urine to check for diabetes.

Again, SWTOR was supposed to be different...yet the only differences are the name of the site and the name on the launcher...beyond that, BW is perfectly running WoW's playbook, page by page....the classes people want to play, cut them off at the knees--combine that with unnecessary downtime to fix a problem you caused, an issue which wasn't gamebreaking in the first place...ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner...

One maintenance period per week should be more than enough.

And all the QQers in the forums who complain about all the bugs and broken things would probably disagree with you. This is SOP for any new MMO - every game I played had a ton of patches and re-patches come down, pretty much for the first year of life. What many players fail to realize is that any game - and MMOs in particular - don't really become "stable" until after a year on the market.

I will however, have to agree that the APAC players and those in the surrounding time zones continually get the short end of the stick as these down times are right in the middle of their prime time. BW should certainly look at rolling out these patches at a different time for them.

BJ

they need to take the servers done and keep them down until they add merges or transfers. I could care less about peoples matrix cubes wahhhhhhhhhhh

How about all the people who can't even play cuz they are the only one on there server

simple solution reroll on another server or stay on the server u are and wait till server merges come and stop whining

now tell me was that so hard to think about urself ?

And all the QQers in the forums who complain about all the bugs and broken things would probably disagree with you. This is SOP for any new MMO - every game I played had a ton of patches and re-patches come down, pretty much for the first year of life. What many players fail to realize is that any game - and MMOs in particular - don't really become "stable" until after a year on the market.

I will however, have to agree that the APAC players and those in the surrounding time zones continually get the short end of the stick as these down times are right in the middle of their prime time. BW should certainly look at rolling out these patches at a different time for them.

BJ

Sure but BJ we need to go back to is it gamebreaking? If you can login and you can play, then it's not gamebreaking and the fix should wait until the next regular maintenance window. Plus, BW is causing these problems because their coders suck, their QA is incompetent and they don't properly test a patch before pushing it out to the production environment.

I don't get it, what are people whining about? There hasn't been any regular maintenance this week due to it being postponed -- likely so that they could include a matrix cube fix -- and now people are getting tearfaced because it's shutting down for four hours?

Horrible, four hours of maintenance in one week! What has the world come to?

/apathy

I don't get it, what are people whining about? There hasn't been any regular maintenance this week due to it being postponed -- likely so that they could include a matrix cube fix -- and now people are getting tearfaced because it's shutting down for four hours?

Horrible, four hours of maintenance in one week! What has the world come to?

/apathy

Well let's see here, the system was down on Tuesday for regular maintenance...but...the patch they pushed out is the root cause of people's Matrix Cubes disappearing...so they have to take the system down again to patch the patch...?? Uh, no--completely unacceptable, again not that the servers were down but the reason they were down and the fact the game did NOT need to be taken down because the issue was NOT gamebreaking

Well let's see here, the system was down on Tuesday for regular maintenance...but...the patch they pushed out is the root cause of people's Matrix Cubes disappearing...so they have to take the system down again to patch the patch...?? Uh, no--completely unacceptable, again not that the servers were down but the reason they were down and the fact the game did NOT need to be taken down because the issue was NOT gamebreaking

they took it down in order to prove that they listen to the people on the forums and that they were able to fix abug that a large number of people were complaining about.. i dont see why bioware trying to be a responsible game designing company is a bad thing.. they made a mistake by adding a new bug, they fixed it in a fairly prompt manner.. if no one expected this down time then you are just silly.. they had the bug in the announcements and said they would be fixing it as soon as possible...to me that says.. more downtime when the patch is complete.