Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Which romance is best written?

Halinmonk

From the romances I have seen so far my favourite is Vette, there is this inverted disney feel to it, where the "prince" (SW) is the main character rather than the other way around and you get to experience how he falls for the "peasant/poor" woman rather than the other way around, it also felt kind of natural in its evolution and never rushed or forced.

I also enjoyed the Temple romance, I really liked the back and forth between them and of all the flirts I have seen so far the ones between them felt the more natural, the whole romance feels like the agent has met his match, overall it was a nice way of ending his jamesbondish ways.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay another one for team Jorgan! I knew there had to be more of you out there :) Those flirts on Nar Shaddaa...I found that dialogue very entertaining.

I'm in the process of scouting new servers for my guild so we have some ideas of where to go when server transfers hit, so naturally I rolled a trooper to check out the potentials. I'd forgotten how GRUMPY Aric is at the beginning! So funny! So of course I'm taking any conversation choice that teases him, even if it hits me with a -1. He gives out too many +15s anyway.

I'm half tempted to continue leveling this toon just to run through the relationship again...ok a little more than half tempted. Who am I kidding, it's going to happen. More Aric!!! Yay!!

Part of the reason I love the romance between the Female SI and Andro so much is because of how much of a mixture between creepy and cute it is. For example after you talk to Andro's ex-girlfriend on Tat you have two response which is to flirt ("I'm going to make you forget about her real soon") or to say how much fun you are going to have together ("Murder and mayhem await!") and not only does he love both response but they both get the exact same number of affection points.

Not to mention the scene where he gives you the sword. :p

Ya know the conclusion I am starting to come to here, after reading a lot of this, is that the women here are worse then the guys in terms of being kinda materialistic and somewhat shallow.....:confused:

This is highly entertaining to watch mind you, but disturbingly confusing.

You know, it's hard thinking up words that rhyme

but he can rub my forearms any time

some are squeamish at being "watched" by the nest

but can you blame them, considering his lovvin's the best?

you watch when he kisses you, just where his hand goes

for femagent booty is awesome, as everyone knows. ( seriously, look it up on YT )

so quinn is cute to fluster and tease

but then he * SPOILER * , so yeah, b*** please

hes got a bromance with some crazy scientist dude

he wears clothes under his armor, what a prude

he smites my foes with a steel Q-tip

as giant sticks are rather fun to equip

he kept a cool head during that time on voss

cause he knows he rocks all the femagents, like a bawss

I, I'm just speechless, best thing ever posted.

Ya know the conclusion I am starting to come to here, after reading a lot of this, is that the women here are worse then the guys in terms of being kinda materialistic and somewhat shallow.....:confused:

This is highly entertaining to watch mind you, but disturbingly confusing.

May I ask you how did you get to that conclusion? No sarcasm, really curious.

Personally I loved Torian's. I've amde an agent, but I've only gotten to the halfway point with his romance (still have to finish Act II, but I'm linking it so far). Some of Torian's letters are cute too. I can't remember it to the T, but he gives you a unique companion gift, military gear of some sort. The last line is "It'll protect you when I can't." I dunno, personally I thought it was cute :p Edited by Kikilicious

What I like about Jaessa romance (Dark Side) is that at first she seems like a really nice and normal girl but as the relationship progresses she becomes more and more crazy and obsessed. At the beginning it is a bit weird but then it gets so far that it freaks you out but at the same time you are afraid to end the relationship. If that was a real life relationship it would be a nightmare but since it is just a video game it is fun. :p Edited by Path-x

What I like about Jaessa romance (Dark Side) is that at first she seems like a really nice and normal girl but as the relationship progresses she becomes more and more crazy and obsessed. At the beginning it is weird but then it gets so far that it freaks you out but at the same time you are afraid to end the relationship. If that was a real life relationship it would be a nightmare but since it is just a video game it is fun. :p

gonna keep it obscure for the sake of tos, but that one letter she sends you of that dream she has...pretty much sounds like she wants to be dominated :D

I'm in the process of scouting new servers for my guild so we have some ideas of where to go when server transfers hit, so naturally I rolled a trooper to check out the potentials. I'd forgotten how GRUMPY Aric is at the beginning! So funny! So of course I'm taking any conversation choice that teases him, even if it hits me with a -1. He gives out too many +15s anyway.

I'm half tempted to continue leveling this toon just to run through the relationship again...ok a little more than half tempted. Who am I kidding, it's going to happen. More Aric!!! Yay!!

My 2nd trooper is lvl 13 now, I had forgotten how grumpy he was too. I have gone DS trooper this time, so many -1's and -30's, but you are right - there are still plenty of +15's. I always choose the answer that will annoy him the most, especially when you are in the senate and

you drop him in it and he calls "you a son of a - " that one makes me laugh every time haha.

my fav line from him though has to be that part where he says "Damn it woman, I had this all planned out".

Maybe I should stop hijacking threads with Aric and make him his own thread. :p

Edited by Taalbert

My 2nd trooper is lvl 13 now, I had forgotten how grumpy he was too. I have gone DS trooper this time, so many -1's and -30's, but you are right - there are still plenty of +15's.

my fav line from him though has to be that part where he says "Damn it woman, I had this all planned out".

Maybe I should stop hijacking threads with Aric and make him his own thread. :p

I loved that bit in the spoiler, Jorgan just gets soo.. cute when you pull that on him.

May I ask you how did you get to that conclusion? No sarcasm, really curious.

Well the trophy husband thing for one. The funny thing about that though is had a guy said that about say Risha or Elara or one of the other female companions all hell would've broken loose.

Well the trophy husband thing for one. The funny thing about that though is had a guy said that about say Risha or Elara or one of the other female companions all hell would've broken loose.

Well, it's more likely all hell will break loose as you're basically saying women can't really discuss the superficial attractions of fictional characters in a video game without being judged unfairly. You should see me when I argue with my husband about how attractive Vin Diesel is in "The Chronicles of Riddick". Drool-worthy stuff, that. But he has a hard time figuring out why I'm so turned on by that scene where Riddick turns around while steam rises off his flexing muscles. Yes, I'm sometimes THAT shallow, just sue me.

FWIW, I think the Quinn romance is very well written. Because of the "incident", which, imo, challenges you to such a degree as to consider the entirety of Sith society, mores, rules and traditions, so as to make some sense of his impulses and motivations. He's not an easy character to figure out, and I like that alot.

My favorite romance, however, is the one my BH had with Torian. He is a marvelous foil for the bounty hunter my girl had grown to be by the time she reached Taris. His sense of honor, the compulsion he feels to prove himself, the determination to succeed and overcome challenge and obstables -- he just seems to be, imo, a perfect mate and partner for my hunter.

The other romances I've completed are Corso's (sweet as marshmellow fluff, that one) and Andronikus (sexy as heck, I think). I suppose I like how each romance is different and unique. I have my favorites but haven't found one, yet, that I really don't like, either.

Risha is my Chiss Smuggler's Trophy Wife now. >.>

<.<

Ok, ok. My Smuggler is her Trophy Husband. She IS a Princess, after all. :D

Well, it's more likely all hell will break loose as you're basically saying women can't really discuss the superficial attractions of fictional characters in a video game without being judged unfairly. You should see me when I argue with my husband about how attractive Vin Diesel is in "The Chronicles of Riddick". Drool-worthy stuff, that. But he has a hard time figuring out why I'm so turned on by that scene where Riddick turns around while steam rises off his flexing muscles. Yes, I'm sometimes THAT shallow, just sue me.

FWIW, I think the Quinn romance is very well written. Because of the "incident", which, imo, challenges you to such a degree as to consider the entirety of Sith society, mores, rules and traditions, so as to make some sense of his impulses and motivations. He's not an easy character to figure out, and I like that alot.

My favorite romance, however, is the one my BH had with Torian. He is a marvelous foil for the bounty hunter my girl had grown to be by the time she reached Taris. His sense of honor, the compulsion he feels to prove himself, the determination to succeed and overcome challenge and obstables -- he just seems to be, imo, a perfect mate and partner for my hunter.

The other romances I've completed are Corso's (sweet as marshmellow fluff, that one) and Andronikus (sexy as heck, I think). I suppose I like how each romance is different and unique. I have my favorites but haven't found one, yet, that I really don't like, either.

NO, I'm not saying they cant discuss it. I'm saying that I'm finding the role reversal here rather entertaining. And pointing out that had it been said by others it would of been chastised and chided into oblivion.

Besides, this thread needed some new life breathed into it.

Edited by Hyfy

NO, I'm not saying they cant discuss it. I'm saying that I'm finding the role reversal here rather entertaining. And pointing out that had it been said by others it would of been chastised and chided into oblivion.

Besides, this thread needed some new life breathed into it.

women are humans too lol. with a more prominant femgamer community, both genders of characters get to be treated like meat, no longer solely a world of laura crofts and tifas out there. i mean look how link has gotten hotter and hotter over the years.... aww yeee

heh, I'll happily admit I was completely shallow when it came to the companion romances. I was running around on my SI when I saw a SW running around with a Quinn and dropped my SI to play SW... go figure.

I like to think that we'd appreciate good looking npcs, hell they even gave us ways to tweak our companions so they'd look sort of how we'd want them too.

Still though, FemTrooper and Jorgan still rank as one of my favourites in terms of progression, though the FemSW and Quinn comes close even with all it's problems. Seriously, though I want to be able to play a Cathar so I can hit on Jorgan as a kitty-cat. *purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Eh. I actually call my husband my trophy husband, because he is a significant number of years younger than I, and I married him when he was 20 (and awfully pretty, yum). The Torian romance is extra sweet for me because it reminds me a good bit of what he was like way back when, with that intensity; serious-mindedness about life, the universe and everything; and sense of awe for the woman who loved him. They did a good job of capturing that. Also? The pretty. Mmmm, pretty boys.

(This is also part of why I love the Vector romance so much, because I see a lot of him in Vector as well.)

heh, I'll happily admit I was completely shallow when it came to the companion romances. I was running around on my SI when I saw a SW running around with a Quinn and dropped my SI to play SW... go figure.

I like to think that we'd appreciate good looking npcs, hell they even gave us ways to tweak our companions so they'd look sort of how we'd want them too.

Still though, FemTrooper and Jorgan still rank as one of my favourites in terms of progression, though the FemSW and Quinn comes close even with all it's problems. Seriously, though I want to be able to play a Cathar so I can hit on Jorgan as a kitty-cat. *purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

i just wish they gave a mod that let jorgan have a real mane like the other cathar males :D

then again, i might have a thing for lions >.>

I have been reading this thread and I am curious what is all about this Quinn guy? Do you ladies find him really that handsome? Do you like his "imperial values"? Do you like uptight guys? :) Edited by Path-x

I have been reading this thread and I am curious what is all about this Quinn guy? Do you ladies find him really that handsome? Do you like his "imperial values"? Do you like uptight guys? :)

It's more how uncomfortable you can make him when you flirt with him that appeals to me. I've not gotten very far in his story arc yet but I can't wait to see where it goes and how my SW will deal with the outcomes of future events.

However, my hands down favourite romance would have to be Torian. My mates started taking the p*** out of me cos I wouldn't shut up about him! :p

My IA romanced Kailyo, and I thought that was really well done. He went into that romance with his eyes wide open, fully expecting it to be nothing more than a fling, so it was really nice when Kaliyo finally admitted her true feelings for him (after a little bit of prompting, I might add!). Temple however just creeps me out, and I find her voice really irritating; can't see why anyone would wanna romance that!

I have been reading this thread and I am curious what is all about this Quinn guy? Do you ladies find him really that handsome? Do you like his "imperial values"? Do you like uptight guys? :)

Shocking, is not it? I am among those who can not stand Quinn but as you see there are many of us, who will forgive that **** anything for handsome look and uniform. I thought this is a myth, but apparently women do like to make aggressive flirting and still very into military guys.

Personally, Quinn's voice gives me the crips, I do not see anything attractive in his behavior or attitude. And even though I do share very common taste for dark hair\blue eyes with his fans, to me that perfect combination looks wrong on Quinn too.

BW, let me kill that worm already!

Edited by Mirandel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.