In case any Jedi players wondered why Sith always seem stronger.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably. When my Sage (balance spec) has reached lvl 50 and gets equal gear, he would be a match for your sorc. But in this case it comes down to the player and the player behind my Sage is a clicker and PVP noob ;)

I'd say it's a date, but we probably aint on the same server, so can't happen. My Sorc is the same pretty much, tri spec. I have orange gear (not sure what kind/title but yea).

I too am a clicker, & have avoided PvP totally so far....since the cataclysm that was the great Sorc nerfing of 1.2, so we should be evenly matched lol.

I'd say it's a date, but we probably aint on the same server, so can't happen. My Sorc is the same pretty much, tri spec. I have orange gear (not sure what kind/title but yea).

I too am a clicker, & have avoided PvP totally so far....since the cataclysm that was the great Sorc nerfing of 1.2, so we should be evenly matched lol.

Yeah, so now we have the chance of approx. 1/100 to be on the same server. I'm on The Progenitor, where are you?

Well, the lightside wasn't really meant for attacking. It is more of a deffensive side. It focuses on healing and to pertect, though there are some abilities that allow them to attack it is just not many. I though believe in the unifying force.

Jedi Force/LS techniques simply pail comparison to to Sith/DS techniques.

It's cuz we ARE, Force wise anyway.

Shock>>>pebble storm (REALLY?)

Force Lightning>>>Project

A couple examples. I'm only LV 16 on my Guardian, but am glad I'm a melee just for this reason. A Sorc would absolutely murder a Sage (sub par mirror) for these same reasons.

In the movies, Sith can project too, as was shown, so it's total advantage them. Jedi got nothing except Force Repulse to block with (as Yoda did). They cant step to the Sith at all on Force offense. Electric Judgement or wth that is seems like a lame attempt to try to level the playing field by biting off Force Lightning also.

The most powerful Sith, Dark Lords can/could mind wipe/control billions, eat planets, create wormholes, live forever in theory. The most powerful Jedi Grand Masters can/could do..........exactly what to match again?

Then why is it EVERY single Sith's story ends in one of the following?

-He is killed by a Jedi

-He is killed by his own apprentice

-He turns to the lightside, leaving his sith ways behind him

Also, those same Jedi Grand Masters can do all the things the sith can if pressed they simply are able to win without doing so. Luke Skywalker countlessly displays the raw power to potenially do anything the most powerful sith characters have demonstrated throughout the EU.

An individual Sith is often stronger than an individual Jedi, because the Sith work to be the ultimate individuals while the Jedi focus on what they can do for other people than what they can do for themselves. But a strong Sith, even the strongest, is just that - a man. When a Jedi manages to harmonise with the will of the Force, then it's not just a man that the Sith is fighting, but the Force itself. Edited by smartalectwo

Can those powers immobilize/stun enemies like that Sith Lighting can? You REALLY think Pebble Storm (PEBBLE STORM DUDE) is cooler than its lightning counterpart? You'd rather have that?

Lucas' attempts to make Luke a demigod through meditation are also lame. Doesn't seem to be nearly as lethal as being able to eat a planet or mind control anyone.....

Project, the Sage counterpart to the Sorcerer's Shock , is also a stun ability.

Telekinetic Throw, aka "pebble storm", has a slow effect just like Force Lightning.

Mind Crush is the Sage's version of Crushing Darkness.

Weaken Mind is the Sage's version of Affliction.

All of these abilities do exactly the same damage and cost exactly the same amount of Force.

It sounds like you just prefer the flashier look of the Sith Sorcerer's abilities than the Jedi Sage's.

As far as out of the game is concerned, Jedi concentrate on defensive and beneficial abilities while Sith concentrate on offensive and malignant abilities. Jedi are the shield to the Sith's sword. (No pun intended.)

Shock, Electrocute, & Lightning are indeed different. LOL you can have your pebbles then. Makes no sense a pebble could stun you. Damn sure a pebble wouldn't stun me, getting shocked on the other hand.......

I'd like to see you having a boulder (or a bunch of smaller stones - pebble) thrown at your face and not be phased by it at all.

That said yeah, DS wins the cool factor.

Edited by gibmachine