In case any Jedi players wondered why Sith always seem stronger.....

1. So you mean a Force Ghost. Sith can't become one?

2. If Vitiate went on unhindered in his plans, pretty sure he would keep performing said DS rituals that were keeping him alive, hence immortality.

3. So this Wall of Light you speak of should have easily prevented Sidious from jumping from clone to clone....yet he succeeded anyway.....why?

4. How do you know there isn't a DS technique to sever force? Makes sense there would be I say.

I realize these are all mostly uber abilities only the greatest Sith & Jedi could ever possess, but peaked my curiosity so I brought it up.

Let me put force ghosts into perspective:

Force Ghosts can become one with the force, but even better, retain their personality and being and return from the netherworld of the Force, the Sith can never do this, they get banished to the void of the Dark Side, because they won't let go of their personalities and power, hence they get TORN apart instead.

Ah but that is a fatal flaw Vitiate seemed to miss, say he does consume the galaxy? well then he just killed the force and dies any way, GG.

They didn't use it on Sidious, why not? I don't know, but Luke and the NJO used it to finally banish Exar Kun, Nomi ripped rip ulic from his connection to the force and it outright strips Dark Side users from their abilities.

There is only one ever recorded possible use by a Dark Sider, that is Darth nihilus when he and Sion exiled Traya, whether or not he cut her connection to the force or simply drained it from her is up to debate.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VanorDM wrote:

No not really, because he does die at some point or another.

That's a fail point man, already easily addressed that.

When performed successfully, a wall of light allowed participants to effectively contain or purge the power of the dark side from a specific location, or sever an especially dangerous darksider from their Force connection.

Again, why was Sidious so successful in jumping from clone to clone then? Luke, being the demigod he became, knew this technique, yes? Didn't seem to stop Sidious, or Luke from swearing loyalty to him at one point. There seem to be holes in this ability.....

Also Emerald Lightning or Electric Judgment is more powerful then Sith Lightning, because it can be used to more then just do damage, it can be used to bring someone back from the edge of death.

In other words then, this is supposed to be just as powerful as Force Lightning in terms of damage. Sith don't need their lightning for that, as they have other DS techniques for that. Still looks like these LS moves are a rip off of Force Lightning.

Again, why was Sidious so successful in jumping from clone to clone then? Luke, being the demigod he became, knew this technique, yes? Didn't seem to stop Sidious, or Luke from swearing loyalty to him at one point. There seem to be holes in this ability.....

Do remember that this ability was rare, and I highly doubt Luke even knew it, also Luke hadn't become Grand Master Luke until quite a bit after Palpatine Reborn's final death.

Rayla_Felana wrote:

Force Ghosts can become one with the force, but even better, retain their personality and being and return from the netherworld of the Force, the Sith can never do this, they get banished to the void of the Dark Side, because they won't let go of their personalities and power, hence they get TORN apart instead.

Here we go, this I can buy. Seems all a Sith would have to do then is just not die & perform the rituals Vitiate & Zash did, or tried to lol.

Ah but that is a fatal flaw Vitiate seemed to miss, say he does consume the galaxy? well then he just killed the force and dies any way, GG.

I believe Vitiate wanted to 'consume' the galaxy just for infinite power, not life. The rituals he was performing prior were keeping him alive, so yea. Pretty sure he just wanted undisputed power & to eliminate all competition in that goal. Also, if a Force user loses their connection to the Force, can't they still just go on living physically? Or no.

They didn't use it on Sidious, why not? I don't know, but Luke and the NJO used it to finally banish Exar Kun, rip ulic from his connection to the force and outright strips Dark Side users from their abilities.

Fair enough.

There is only one ever recorded possible use by a Dark Sider, that is Darth nihilus when he and Sion exiled Traya, whether or not he cut her connection to the force or simply drained it from her is up to debate.

I remember reading from various sources that yes, that is indeed what her apprentices did. Also, in KOTOR, didn't our character, The Exile, have his/her Force connection stripped? Yet we got it back......

Rayla_Felana wrote:

Here we go, this I can buy. Seems all a Sith would have to do then is just not die & perform the rituals Vitiate & Zash did, or tried to lol.

This would be doable, but the Sith always seem to get themselves into extremely vulnerable positions because of their natural thirst to kill and conquer or just out-right arrogance.

I believe Vitiate wanted to 'consume' the galaxy just for infinite power, not life. The rituals he was performing prior were keeping him alive, so yea. Pretty sure he just wanted undisputed power & to eliminate all competition in that goal. Also, if a Force user loses their connection to the Force, can't they still just go on living physically? Or no.

Well his goal is a mystery because this was Scourge's speculation not an actual in-mind POV from Vitiate himself, also if you consume the galaxy you are creating larger and larger wounds in the force, Traya was going to use this to kill the force, little did she know that her assumption that life can exist without the force was right, yet the reverse isn't true, if you wipe out all life, you wipe out the Force's symbiote(?) and Vitiate would just cease to exist.

Fair enough.

I remember reading from various sources that yes, that is indeed what her apprentices did. Also, in KOTOR, didn't our character, The Exile, have his/her Force connection stripped? Yet we got it back......

It seems Nihilus had this abilitity, though whether or not it is complete canon isn't quite understood, not even the KotOR Campaign Guide describes it, oh and Surik's seemed to heal through her wound in the force, she was a special case, look at Ulic, he never retained his connection.

Like I said, the biggest and best abilities: Wall of Light and immortality, are Light Side club exclusive only apparently.

Seems all a Sith would have to do then is just not die

Expect for the fact that everyone that has tried, has failed sooner or latter. No Sith obtains true immorality because they are always defeated sooner or latter.

The Exile, have his/her Force connection stripped?

No he has his memories wiped out, but he never had his connection to the force severed.

Expect for the fact that everyone that has tried, has failed sooner or latter. No Sith obtains true immorality because they are always defeated sooner or latter.

No he has his memories wiped out, but he never had his connection to the force severed.

the exile is meetra, not revan, and meetra did have the force stripped by the jedi council. but she gets it back :D go meetra

this is supposed to be just as powerful as Force Lightning in terms of damage.

It is as powerful as Sith Lightning, but can do more then just cause damage. Using that to heal is hardly the only method that Jedi have to heal. The impressive part is they can use something that was purely destructive to heal.

the exile is meetra, not revan, and meetra did have the force stripped by the jedi council. but she gets it back :D go meetra

No she didn't, she severed her own connection to the force when the Mass Shadow generator went off at Malachor V, had nothing to do with the Council.

Like I said, the biggest and best abilities: Wall of Light and immortality, are Light Side club exclusive only apparently.

Now I say, Wall of Light seems impressive, but not full proof. As you obviously know, Kreia eventually came home, became Darth Traya again. As it is very likely she had her Force connection stripped, yet she got it back. Says those 3-4 lightsabers she was Force swinging at my character end game. If Darth Traya's darkness could overcome that, I see no reason it couldn't overcome Wall of Light too. She could be a very historic Sith indeed. This LS ability does seems impressive, but the Dark Side is 'unnatural'. Being such, it can be sympathized, used in ways the Light Side can't. Plagius influencing Anakin's birth & his other talents prove this I think.

You mentioned the grandest DS ability I don't know? Well, to me, being able to mind control billions, create worm holes, & planet wide lightning storms with your mind, along with destroying/eating all planets is the cream of the crop. We will probably agree to disagree here. But yea, I don't see how it can get more epic than that.....

Jedi Force/LS techniques simply pail comparison to to Sith/DS techniques.

It's cuz we ARE, Force wise anyway.

Shock>>>pebble storm (REALLY?)

Force Lightning>>>Project

Haha, yeah, of course.

Your Sorc shoots lightning, my sage takes a rock (or droid) and smashes your head. (Yes, of course it stunns mobs. Wouldn't you be stunned if you get a rock on the head?) And most of the time he doesn't throw one rock, he throws two.

pebble storm? never looked closely? they don't throw pebbles, they throw everything, pebbles, air and the target. It his hard for the target to stand his ground against it, so it doesn't move or only moves slowly.

I can lift three enemies into the air and fight a forth one. I can crush and weaken the minds of Sith, soldiers and even droids. I can create a m*********** earthquake under your feet.

Well, if I had the choice, I'd rather settle in an area with electric storms than in an area with earthquakes.

Now I say, Wall of Light seems impressive, but not full proof. As you obviously know, Kreia eventually came home, became Darth Traya again. As it is very likely she had her Force connection stripped, yet she got it back. Says those 3-4 lightsabers she was Force swinging at my character end game. If Darth Traya's darkness could overcome that, I see no reason it couldn't overcome Wall of Light too. She could be a very historic Sith indeed. This LS ability does seems impressive, but the Dark Side is 'unnatural'. Being such, it can be sympathized, used in ways the Light Side can't. Plagius influencing Anakin's birth & his other talents prove this I think.

You mentioned the grandest DS ability I don't know? Well, to me, being able to mind control billions, create worm holes, & planet wide lightning storms with your mind, along with destroying/eating all planets is the cream of the crop. We will probably agree to disagree here. But yea, I don't see how it can get more epic than that.....

Sever Force by itself only seems to cut one off from the force for a certain amount of time, not completely, when you use Wall of Light, it completely cuts you off from the force because it actually blocks you from the force, Ulic is the best example of a victim to this.

Force Walking makes you basically invulnerable and gives you insane amounts of power by bonding spirits to yourself.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Haha, yeah, of course.

Your Sorc shoots lightning, my sage takes a rock (or droid) and smashes your head. (Yes, of course it stunns mobs. Wouldn't you be stunned if you get a rock on the head?) And most of the time he doesn't throw one rock, he throws two.

If my Sorc sent infinity billion bolts of electricity through your body (being the quicker draw that lightning is).....yeeea pretty sure your sage wouldn't be able to throw anything at him.

If my Sorc sent infinity billion bolts of electricity through your body (being the quicker draw that lightning is).....yeeea pretty sure your sage wouldn't be able to throw anything at him.

Well, the interesting thing is: As soon as I lift the rocks into the air, they move to the target by themselfs...

Sever Force by itself only seems to cut one off from the force for a certain amount of time, not completely, when you use Wall of Light, it completely cuts you off from the force because it actually blocks you from the force, Ulic is the best example of a victim to this.

Force Walking makes you basically invulnerable and gives you insane amounts of power by bonding spirits to yourself.

Hmmmm true. As I said, the Dark Side can sympathize counters to almost anything. If a DS user is stronger than a LS user who tries to use Wall of Light, would it be successful still? I imagine this technique is hard to use, takes time, is easy to interrupt too (LS ritual?) A good Sith wouldn't give a Jedi a chance to use this on them obviously.

I wonder if being able to Force Walk can interfere with it too. Always a back door......

Well guess who's quicker wins. We should duel one day lol.

Just an FYI, spec into Lightning properly and Sages don't stand a chance, you get five different Stuns to use and you have the basic Sorc Madness talents bleeding him the entire time, he only has one CD to break your first stun, then you can stun him again with the blind from your bubble popping.

Hmmmm true. As I said, the Dark Side can sympathize counters to almost anything. If a DS user is stronger than a LS user who tries to use Wall of Light, would it be successful still? I imagine this technique is hard to use, takes time, is easy to interrupt too (LS ritual?) A good Sith wouldn't give a Jedi a chance to use this on them obviously.

I wonder if being able to Force Walk can interfere with it too. Always a back door......

Wall of Light usually takes a group of Jedi or someone like Nomi Sunrider.

I am sure there are loopholes to be found, always is.

Just an FYI, spec into Lightning properly and Sages don't stand a chance, you get five different Stuns to use and you have the basic Sorc Madness talents bleeding him the entire time, he only has one CD to break your first stun, then you can stun him again with the blind from your bubble popping.

Thanks, but you're late lol. My Sorc is finished. He finished a 13/15/13 tri spec. I wanted to have my cake, & eat everything too you could say.

Well guess who's quicker wins. We should duel one day lol.

Probably. When my Sage (balance spec) has reached lvl 50 and gets equal gear, he would be a match for your sorc. But in this case it comes down to the player and the player behind my Sage is a clicker and PVP noob ;)