An Appreciation Thread

Darkrite

Well, to be fair a lot of threads that get posted in general are moved elsewhere. The negative stuff is left to fester here, but the rest of the forums are pretty laid back.

The General Discussion subforum is where intelligent conversation goes to die a horrible death from a combination of lung cancer, AIDS and the common cold. Never have I seen such crawling desperation on the part of trolls.

Anyway, good game is good. Is fun. Interested to see how ranked warzones and the first expansion affect the environment. I have my gripes with this title, but overall, it's a nice little Star Wars game that keeps me smiling.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The history of this game alone has proven that any feedback given by players is not heeded.

Does that include launch day, when all the servers were red, and everyone made a fuss about havng to wait? Then Bio put in more servers, to placate those people that they did listen too, and look what the situation is now. I think the precious lesson here is "be careful what you ask for".

They are also soon going to include a few other things the community have been clammouring for, such as LFG. So yeah, I think they listen, but it's awful hard to decipher what people want when you are having to decipher it through thousands of screaming, raging people. (and the screaming and raging over a game? It doesn't feed millions or anything, or do space research, it's a flipping game, afterall!)

I show my appreciation for the game by paying for a service I enjoy, and so are plenty others.

Edited by Annedromeda

Does that include launch day, when all the servers were red, and everyone made a fuss about havng to wait? Then Bio put in more servers, to placate those people that they did listen too, and look what the situation is now. I think the precious lesson here is "be careful what you ask for".

Oh wow... someone was actually paying attention to what was going on.

Well done, Anne. You have a longer, clearer memory than the average MMO player/small rat.

Late server merges to dying servers, rated being pulled out of patch 1.2 few days before. Ilum fail allowing people to exploit the system, graphics bugs on the head of some races, now the cube delayed even more. Keep up the top notch service.:rolleyes:

1) Details. Thank you for all the little details, like vehicles flying above us in Coruscant, the subtlety of shading, and little artistic points that make this game give me a feeling of immersion.

no, too much stuckable "details"

2) Animations. Thanks for all the really cool combat animations that feel real time and not just auto-attacked repetition.

may be

3) Variation. Your zones are varied to what I'd come to expect of a Star Wars setting, the planets are unique in their own right, and with that I feel like I've landed on a new planet.

yes

4) New content. Thank you for Denova, Lost Island and actually adding new dialogue to those. I was doubtful that the voice acting would continue, and sure, some of it's canned and the same responses, but you've continued on a story and I'm sure that took a lot of time in studio to get those things done.

no, too much dialogs and voice acting. Too much time for spacebarring, and again when im in ops im dont need voice acting bc im play w/o sound like a rest my guild - TeamSpeak...

5) Response on the dev boards. Thanks for even having these. Some MMOs don't even communicate on a massive level, or even pull certain threads to respond, so thanks for that.

no, to many promises

6) Adjustments in existing content. Hey, I'm a scoundrel for my main and while the nerf hurt I'm feeling the adjustment based on what you guys felt the need for nerfing was. I can heal now though, so thank you. I know these things will smooth out eventually and heck, it takes most MMOs over a year to do so, so I'm keeping the faith that you guys know what you're doing and will have it on track by next year.

just no. try search on this forum

7) Legacy system. Thank you! You gave me a reason to play an alt. I've never rolled an alt before except on one other game (Dark Age of Camelot) and that was just to see the new content on the other sides. Now my characters actually effect each other in a way no other game has allowed for.

no, absolutely useles. But if, they think alt's is real end game content - im better unsub

8) Crafting. Thank you for letting me play my alt while my main crafts some pieces for friends. I don't like multi-boxing and I've never felt I should have to pay $30.00 a month instead of just $15.00 to keep up with anything in a game.

no, useles in most cases

9) Thank you for the new clothing. Sure, it feels a bit less than Star Wars like (note this might be a little negative) and my scoundrel feel like Count Chocula or Robin Hood at times, but at least you're adding stuff in! I mean I don't know if people realize how long it takes an art team to add NEW content instead of re-skinning old models and just plopping them in, but you guys are at least making an attempt to do so.

no, some armor sets most ugliest things in world

10) World PvE feeling viable. While it can be hard at times (though rarely) to find a flash point team, the world PvE keeps me going and exploring. I find new things that I hadn't known about on constant, or that I could have looked up online, but refused to. In a world of convenience and "cheats", you guys keep it interesting enough not to look online to find where something is. Keep adding new secret stuff, it's one of the most interesting aspects of the game.

***?

Lastly, I want to thank you guys for hanging in there. It's a tough community, and even though this is your first MMO (to Bioware) I know you guys are starting to pull off some things that are going to give the game a leg up.

PFFfff

Oh wow... someone was actually paying attention to what was going on.

Well done, Anne. You have a longer, clearer memory than the average MMO player/small rat.

Well thank you!

It must have been a good day/week whatever for me, sometimes important things elude my memory, and then I remember things like launch day. I waited too, and I'm still on the first server I've chosen. Still happy, still playing, still paying - and just got my first 50 this past weekend!

I must admit, for the amount of time I play in a week, which is about 10 hrs on weekend mornings, my perspective on the game may be jaded. I experience very little of the bother/bugs/whatever makes people so ragey, but then again, why would I allow something I enjoy to make me ragey? I just ride the wave and go where it takes me, no stress.

No because the mere fact that you have to reroll to a new server and lose everything you worked for as a solution to simply enjoying the game and its features just shows how totally fail the way this game is handled.

*shrugs*

Sometimes, things don't quite work out the way you'd have hoped. You can sit in a corner and complain, or be proactive, make a change and end up being better off in the long run. Heck, you could have rerolled and already had your new character to the same level as you current one by now. And better yet, the new character would have had a lot of things come to him/her a lot easier/faster due to having a ton of people around to group up with.

That's the difference in the two sides here. People like me didn't reroll because we thing Bioware can do no wrong, or because we don't want things like Server transfers to happen. We rerolled because we'd rather have fun with this game than not have fun. I wasn't having fun (My level 32 JG got to Alderaan and there were 2 other people there), so I rerolled a Vanguard on Jedi Covenant and the experience was completely different. Now my Vanguard has surpassed my JG and at some point, I'm hoping to transfer him to my new server.

Again, you can be proactive in order to make the most of your time, or you can moan about being on a dead server for another month. It's entirely up to you.

Late server merges to dying servers, rated being pulled out of patch 1.2 few days before. Ilum fail allowing people to exploit the system, graphics bugs on the head of some races, now the cube delayed even more. Keep up the top notch service.:rolleyes:

Did you miss the sign over the door when you came in? I think you did. It says "An appreciation thread". You are not being constructive or even debatable, or even on topic. So why did you bother?

The most recent thing that they did to show their appreciation for us was the free 30 days. It was just US$15, but it was a nice gesture.

I'm happy with the game and would like to help them grow to their full potential.

My sentiments exactly.

I experience very little of the bother/bugs/whatever makes people so ragey, but then again, why would I allow something I enjoy to make me ragey? I just ride the wave and go where it takes me, no stress.

Anne, you're my *********** hero.

See this, other posters??? Human beings with brains do play this game.

Anne, you're my *********** hero.

See this, other posters??? Human beings with brains do play this game.

Aww, thanks for the compliment! Isn't it nice to see that even this thread has spawned some positive feeling towards SOMETHING?!

I hope you don't mind female heroes..lol..

This thread is pointless.

Devs doesn't read threads on the forums and mods just quickly look them over too check if they need to move the thread into a different section or close it. There is noone working in Bioware that reads through a whole thread let alone a whole post just so you know.

Forums of big MMORPGS like this one is read by players never by the developers

Edited by redsovereign

This thread is pointless.

Devs doesn't read threads on the forums and mods just quickly look them over too check if they need to move the thread into a different section or close it. There is noone working in Bioware that reads through a whole thread let alone a whole post just so you know.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be allowed to spread the love, just like everyone else is allowed the right to spread the hate. And if your argument were true, then all the forums are pointless anyway, so who cares!

Edited by Annedromeda

I see BW post on these forums all the time, just not in General Discussion (aka Rancid Bull Balls Soup)

Edited by Blistrich

I fully agree with the OP and hope to see this game flourish. The only thing left for BW is to finetune and add content, both of which have been promised. I for one am in it for the long haul and am grateful that another Star Wars game was even attempted. Thanks Bioware.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be allowed to spread the love, just like everyone else is allowed the right to spread the hate. And if your argument were true, then all the forums are pointless anyway, so who cares!

You won't spread the love, you only attract more haters

Forums exist for ppl to vent their anger and ask other players for advice. It exist for players to create discussions and exchange thoughts/ideas with one and other.

They exist so the players can interact with each other outside of the game but they also exist so both ppl that don't like stuf and they that do can voice their opinion.

The best way is just to ignore haters. The ppl who love the game often don't post on the forums because usually they are playing the game instead of checking through posts while attention whores who hate just to hate lurks around the forums and infiltrate threads like this so they can spread their negativity.

This thread will likely be locked, as all positive threads seem to be shut down pretty fast, but I agree with all of your points. I'm loving the game so far and I don't see how in the world people have already ran out of things to do.

This is Truth, in fact i made a thread addressing this and they promptly closed that thread too

You won't spread the love, you only attract more haters

Forums exist for ppl to vent their anger and ask other players for advice. It exist for players to create discussions and exchange thoughts/ideas with one and other.

They exist so the players can interact with each other outside of the game but they also exist so both ppl that don't like stuf and they that do can voice their opinion.

The best way is just to ignore haters. The ppl who love the game often don't post on the forums because usually they are playing the game instead of checking through posts while attention whores who hate just to hate lurks around the forums and infiltrate threads like this so they can spread their negativity.

I don't know...seems like there's a lot of appreciation being spread on this thread for the game itself, and that's a good thing; If for no other reason than to know that there are other players that appreciate this game, not just the ones that bash it on constant. Maybe that's a small reason, but a good one imo.

While I agree with your statement that forums are used to exchange thoughts/ideas with one another, I disagree that they're used to vent frustrations, ask advice or post negative feedback solely. If you date back to the early years of the ARPA at MIT, those students craved discussion, regardless of what format. Forums are for expression, and while moderated are generally free of consequence save for personal attacks. So why would positive feedback be omitted? Does it chalk the grain of "popular" opinion? Or just the grain of the negative?

So love it, hate it, staying with it, or leaving it...it's good to see that quite a few people have come to at least dissuade the idea (that so many threads have continued to push) that no one likes this game...

Edited by Darkrite

I don't know...seems like there's a lot of appreciation being spread on this thread for the game itself, and that's a good thing; If for no other reason than to know that there are other players that appreciate this game, not just the ones that bash it on constant. Maybe that's a small reason, but a good one imo.

So love it, hate it, staying with it, or leaving it...it's good to see that quite a few people have come to at least dissuade the idea (that so many threads have continued to push) that no one likes this game...

Exactly - hype is hype, whether negative or positive and I don't feed into any of that nonsense - I prefer to experience things for myself. Thankfully, this game is one of the things I have experienced for myself, and enjoyed, regardless of whatever tripe finds it's way to the forums.

The game is pretty good over all I have played better and I have played much much worse.. I thank the dev's for what they have done and I klnow once they get patch management working things will star to flow, I still think they are way behind, because of problems.

Excellent post OP. I have yet to find anything game breaking that would cause me to rage on the forums. If I can't group, I quest. If I get bored of questing I do WZ's. When I'm done with WZ's I craft. When I get bored I log off and watch a movie with the girlfriend. Edited by Skidrowbro

I agree, it's nice to see some positivity here.

The stories and voice acting are fantastic - absolutely brilliant. It completely transforms the MMO experience. You simply care much more about your character and others because of the story and character.

The world environments - that I've seen so far - are stunning and atmospheric.

The character animations are great too, really fluid.

There is a lot more to be done with the game - and I'm sure that Bioware know it - but give them a chance. This is a good game. It needs a few key game systems to be implemented ASAP (we all know what these are) as well as lots of fit and finish game polish. I'm sure that Bioware can make the game great.

Thanks guys - don't get down about the excessive forum hate. Just focus and make this very good and promising game the amazing game that you and (I'm sure) many know it can be.

Good luck :)

Edited by FeelFlow