Why all the hate for the new podcast?

552 likes, 866 dislikes

People just angry at the state of the game, or their server situation bleeding over, I'm sure.

At this point, there's a good subset of people that aren't interested in fluff right now, you know things like legacy, podcasts, artwork, etc. I'm not saying I completely agree, just offering a possible explanaiton.

Edited by islander

I didn't really hate it, I just thought it was a waste of time. They didn't really talk about anything, and anything worth mentioning they briefly skimmed over and didn't really give us any information.

Unless its a dancing baby or a lolcat youtube comments are usually quite negative. I never pay any heed to them.

I actually liked it too dont know what the hub bub it about

Edited by memnon

I didn't really hate it, I just thought it was a waste of time. They didn't really talk about anything, and anything worth mentioning they briefly skimmed over and didn't really give us any information.

This, pretty much. Most of the podcast was spent talking about stuff that we already know.

552 likes, 866 dislikes

Because with SWTOR, BioWare's arrogance finally did them in. Community engagement is no where near Blizzard's with their community. What is the FIRST thing they talked about in the podcast? Instead of new features coming top down, the team members were empowered to design features... not a single comment about how they listened to the community and responded, it comes off as arrogant in a "you should eat whatever we cook up" kind of way.

The community wasn't clamoring for legacy features, we wanted transfers, merges, ranked WZ, cross server queues, etc. I know so many pvpers that unsubbed because ranked didn't make it into 1.2 as promised and there's only 1-2 pvp games happening on my server during peak in the 50s bracket, which is just depressing.

What is wrong with this game is the fundamental misalignment between what the players want to see and what BioWare's vision is.

lol wait.. there's a dislike?

1st off, only a very few extremely dedicated fans are going to bother to waste their day listening to a podcast. If the haters can dislike it, without even listening to it, they will.

Edited by Kourage

Augment tables and including operations in LFG are big news.

Problem is its a PODCAST... with no video.. at-least log into the game as GM's, go up to the VIP and record while people are around and maybe let people ask questions live. This would bring some good lol's and bring a bit more community interaction.

The podcast is nothing more then " please subscribe to our game " marketing.

Yeah, because they didn't give any useful info to current subscribers, like how the LFG will work and also the tidbit about being able to add an augment slot to any moddable piece. :rolleyes: