Who is Anakin Skywalkers father?

Bow-Wow-Wow

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Movies, Books, and games are the same universe. Otherwise Lucas Arts wouldn't have allowed a story to be told through a game. if the EU said something happened then I choose that version because any major decisions about the main movie characters in the books and games have GL's approval to some degree before they are done.

In the NJO book series they wanted to kill off Han Solo but GL said absolutely no in no way will you kill him, he eventually relented enough to allow them to kill off chewbaca. So, with that story I just told you, you should realize that he does consider the books part of his ongoing SW saga.

funny thing is that in the original ROTJ script, Han Solo was supposed to die and Leia was to take over the lead of the rebellion alone while Luke went off to continue his training. At least according to Gary Kurtz.

Now I know it was never officially said who Anakins father was but I just wanted to make some educated guesses.

It seems to me that for him to be as powerful as he was with the force, that the majority of that power had to have come from his father. It just seems to me that anyone as powerful as him had to be a direct decendant of a very powerful force user.

Now I have a theory that I just wanted to see whether or not people agree it is feasible. If we agree that his father was a very powerful force user, who could it be? The only one powerful enough would be the most powerful Jedi Masters and Sith Lords. Now I doubt that any of the highest, wisest Jedi masters would betray the strict rules of the Jedi Council and have children. This makes me think it had to have been a sith lord. I'm pretty sure that Plaeguis would be far too old. I also doubt it would be Palpatine, even though it theoretically seems feasible, I also think he would be too old. But what about Count Dooku? He was a very powerful sith lord, was the right age group, and also that would mean that Annakin killed his father when Palpatine told him to kill him and when He gave that choice to Luke Skywalker, he refused to let the dark side of the force take him over and refused. That to me seems like the most common answer to who is father is.

What do you guys think? Does that seem possible? If not, let me know who you think it was, I'm very interested. :D

Shmi originally told Qui-Gon that Anakin was an immaculate conception, but there are enough hints in Episode 3 to point to either Palpatine/Sidious or Plagueis as part of Plagueis' experiments and work on creating life.

However, Lucas never actually made any direct comment on this one afaik, so it is one for the theorists and conspiracy nuts :)

In Episode III, Palpatine has an interesting conversation with Anakin, he talks about midicronians, the way they could be mastered and how his master managed to be able to create life with the use of the force.

From that you can clearly understand that it was Palpatine itself who made Anakin's birth happen, a boy with unmatched abilities, isolated in Tatooine so he couldn't be noticed and guarded by Darth Maul until the moment was right.

Edited by julioos

In Episode III, Palpatine has an interesting conversation with Anakin, he talks about midicronians, the way they could be mastered and how his master managed to be able to create life with the use of the force.

From that you can clearly understand that it was Palpatine itself who made Anakin's birth happen, a boy with unmatched abilities, isolated in Tatooine so he couldn't be noticed and guarded by Darth Maul until the moment was right.

Thank you for this Point of view !!!

wow......i was hopeing for tru fans on here.....i was wrong......ok kids here we go..he is made from pure mediclorions by darthplagues who could manipulate them and he did so to replace palpatine but when he found out he killed his master in his sleep but unknowing that his masters new apprentice was already being made...........read the books....

i concur: read the books. its all in there

If Anakin was created by Darth Plagueis, since Plagueis was a Sith and practiced the Dark Side of the Force this would conclude that Anakin would have been the embodiment of the Dark Side. From what we can tell, he was not the embodiment of the Dark Side but was naive and was manipulated by Palpatine / Sideous.

Palpatine killed Plagueis in his sleep when he found out Plagueis' plan concerning creating the perfect apprentice. Palpatine never learned this force ability.

The idea that the force created Anakin gives life to the force and almost makes the force a sentient being instead of a "power." The prophecy was concerning bringing balance to the force in essence the Ying and the Yang (so to speak).

I would say that we can rule out Palpatine and Plagueis as creators (Palpatines insinuation likely was a way to manipulate Anakin and seduce him to the dark side). I think that the best way to look at it is that he was created by the force. This makes the story so much more tragic if you think about it.

Anakin was created to become the most powerful force user. He was designed to bring balance to the force. Anakin gave in to the dark side and threw away his potential. I think that this tragedy is a what if story. What if a major religious figure chose to be evil and selfish? That is the story of Darth Vader. Anakin a being who was meant to be perfect and bring balance to the force gave into the temptation of power and evil.

In the end through seeing his son stand for Jedi ideals allowed Anakin a final act of redemption.

The Movies, Books, and games are the same universe. Otherwise Lucas Arts wouldn't have allowed a story to be told through a game. if the EU said something happened then I choose that version because any major decisions about the main movie characters in the books and games have GL's approval to some degree before they are done.

In the NJO book series they wanted to kill off Han Solo but GL said absolutely no in no way will you kill him, he eventually relented enough to allow them to kill off chewbaca. So, with that story I just told you, you should realize that he does consider the books part of his ongoing SW saga.

again yes and no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_wars_canon

it's actually a pretty good article on it.

There are 2 universes

1. The movies and GL

2. The movies GL and the EU

Whats in the movies trumps everything else. So if they make a EU story about something that contradicts something in the movies then it doesn't exist. Such as lets say Stormtrooper armor can block a light saber. Well we know from the movies thats not true therefore it doesn't exist.

The problem with this is the fans ie Geeks and Nerds (don't get offended I myself am a Geek)

See as geeks and nerds we want a simple yes or no answer. In reality Canon is not supposed to work that way. So when Lucas originally wanted people to expand his universe with Books and Games he was like sure whatever.

However people kept complaining that one book contradicted another or they contradict the movies. So GL didn't really want to hear it so he just said ok here is a system and then he paid people to sort through everything and assign it to different levels.

They try to keep the EU consistent with the movies and GL vision of it however that doesn't always happen.

So again If something happens differently in the EU then it does in the movies then the Movie version is how it really happened. The other version is kind of a What If story.

wow......i was hopeing for tru fans on here.....i was wrong......ok kids here we go..he is made from pure mediclorions by darthplagues who could manipulate them and he did so to replace palpatine but when he found out he killed his master in his sleep but unknowing that his masters new apprentice was already being made...........read the books....

^^^this is what happened.

EU sucks so hush

Anakin does not have a father, Anakin was created by the midi-chlorians (why he has such a high amount) But the reason they created him is because Dath Plagueis (Darth Sidious' master) created him, if you listen in episode three, Palpetine talks about how his master could manipulate the midi-chlorians to cheat death and CREATE life, Anakin Skywalker was just all part of their plan, but ofcourse Dath Sidious killed him AFTER he has created anakin and did the plan himself by becoming the chancellor Edited by fishmoon