Who is Anakin Skywalkers father?

Bow-Wow-Wow

Let's just say, considering those snazzy mind tricks those Jedi sport I'd really expect a lot more of those miraculous virgin births to happen.

That said, we're not interpreting the bible here. If the EU has an established explanation for it, you might as well go with that. I dare say that the EU writers are somewhat more creative and coherent than our esteemed Mr Lucas, so I think the canon is probably in better hands with them.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just say, considering those snazzy mind tricks those Jedi sport I'd really expect a lot more of those miraculous virgin births to happen.

That said, we're not interpreting the bible here. If the EU has an established explanation for it, you might as well go with that. I dare say that the EU writers are somewhat more creative and coherent than our esteemed Mr Lucas, so I think the canon is probably in better hands with them.

I think it does Qui-Gon beleives her with out question. Hell the jedi even have a name for it they called it a "divergence of the force"

So it must have happend a couple times before for no one to even bat an eye at the idea of it.

Edited by jarjarloves

guys, i realize that you want to cling to the expanded universe side stories and what not but lets just be very clear here.

george lucas is the final word.

george lucas has officially stated that anakin is the chosen one as was detailed in the prophecy.

the ONLY logical conclusion from that statement is that anakin was conceived by midichrolians aka THE FORCE and thus he is an all powerful being.

now like i said, a lot of you are fans of the extra books blah blah blah, but its just not reliable enough. in fact GL said that there is no story after epVI. i can find the quotes if you want, he said it back in 2008.

GL just discredited all of the EU stuff, how reliable do you think the darth plagieus stuff is?

anakin is the chosen one from the prophecy. he had a virgin mother birth. there is no father, they made that VERY clear in epI. and the movies (which is synonymous with George Lucas) are THE final authority.

You're right about everything except when you say GL discredited all of the EU. The EU is canon, he was simply stating that to HIM, Star Wars ended with Return of the Jedi. The rest are not his stories, not his works, but they are canon.

(Also, Plagueis is GL's invention, so we'll see Plagueis' role in Anakin's birth when his novel is out. Anything that goes into that will have been approved by GL.)

You're right about everything except when you say GL discredited all of the EU. The EU is canon, he was simply stating that to HIM, Star Wars ended with Return of the Jedi. The rest are not his stories, not his works, but they are canon.

(Also, Plagueis is GL's invention, so we'll see Plagueis' role in Anakin's birth when his novel is out. Anything that goes into that will have been approved by GL.)

well sort of it's considered canon in the Movies + EU universe as long as it doesn't contradict anything GL has said or the movies.

actually this is where GL agrees with you.

The way he has it set up it's two realities. You have the Movies and The movies + the EU.

However in the Movies +EU if anything in the EU contradicts something from the Movies then it doesn't exist.

Like Boba Fett. GL has sated many times that Boba Fett is dead so the stories about him crawling out of the sarlac pit did not happen.

...That makes absolutely no sense... if it was cleared to have starwars on the front, it's canon.

Fact is, everything is cannon unless the 6 movies contradict the source, or GL himself contradicts the source.

All forms of media are canonized unless above happens.

Now some fans have taken to incorparate levels of cannon,

G-Cannon = movies and GL speeches

M-Cannon = media cannon such as cartoon, animated, video games, PnP Books

at the M level it's up to the viewer to interpret what he accepts as cannon, such as does one believe that starkiller vader's apprentice exists and star destroyers are toys to force users, or if boba fett lives. At this level several sources contradict eachother, so again it's up to you the viewer of said media to determine what you accept. However remember that G-Cannon always trumps this level, such as Force unleashed vader could move at mind blowing speeds, which G-cannon says otherwise.

Fact is, everything is cannon unless the 6 movies contradict the source, or GL himself contradicts the source.

All forms of media are canonized unless above happens.

Now some fans have taken to incorparate levels of cannon,

G-Cannon = movies and GL speeches

M-Cannon = media cannon such as cartoon, animated, video games, PnP Books

at the M level it's up to the viewer to interpret what he accepts as cannon, such as does one believe that starkiller vader's apprentice exists and star destroyers are toys to force users, or if boba fett lives. At this level several sources contradict eachother, so again it's up to you the viewer of said media to determine what you accept. However remember that G-Cannon always trumps this level, such as Force unleashed vader could move at mind blowing speeds, which G-cannon says otherwise.

Uh. No. There's

G

T

C

S

and N

Fans didn't make up the rules of Canon. Leland Chee did. The man hired by Lucas to maintain continuity. Starkiller is Canon. Boba Fett living is Canon.

Uh. No. There's

G

T

C

S

and N

Fans didn't make up the rules of Canon. Leland Chee did. The man hired by Lucas to maintain continuity. Starkiller is Canon. Boba Fett living is Canon.

you got most of that right except Boba Fett living isn't canon as GL said on several occasions that he is dead and therefore the stories in the EU that say he is alive are not canon.

Starkiller is sort of canon as it's very very low on the canon list. You would have to see what it goes against in the original canon. IE parts of it might not be canon but other parts are.

you got most of that right except Boba Fett living isn't canon as GL said on several occasions that he is dead and therefore the stories in the EU that say he is alive are not canon.

Starkiller is sort of canon as it's very very low on the canon list. You would have to see what it goes against in the original canon. IE parts of it might not be canon but other parts are.

SK is right below the movies.

Just because it was the only SW game produced by GL himself.

Shmi doesn't know and makes up the virgin birth story after catching on that Qui-Gon thinks he's special in some way. Shmi obviously has the hots for Qui-Gon and doesn't want him to think she's a lady of ill repute.

guys, i realize that you want to cling to the expanded universe side stories and what not but lets just be very clear here.

george lucas has officially stated that anakin is the chosen one as was detailed in the prophecy.

the ONLY logical conclusion from that statement is that anakin was conceived by midichrolians aka THE FORCE and thus he is an all powerful being.

now like i said, a lot of you are fans of the extra books blah blah blah, but its just not reliable enough. in fact GL said that there is no story after epVI. i can find the quotes if you want, he said it back in 2008.

GL just discredited all of the EU stuff, how reliable do you think the darth plagieus stuff is?

anakin is the chosen one from the prophecy. he had a virgin mother birth. there is no father, they made that VERY clear in epI. and the movies (which is synonymous with George Lucas) are THE final authority.

Well all respects to GL for the intial idea, but the EU is much more interesting than his trilogy, The old republic era specifically.

IMHO the only character created by GL that can compete with characters from EU is Obiwan. Everyone else is EXTREMELY dull

Edited by Kalliadies

The Movies, Books, and games are the same universe. Otherwise Lucas Arts wouldn't have allowed a story to be told through a game. if the EU said something happened then I choose that version because any major decisions about the main movie characters in the books and games have GL's approval to some degree before they are done.

In the NJO book series they wanted to kill off Han Solo but GL said absolutely no in no way will you kill him, he eventually relented enough to allow them to kill off chewbaca. So, with that story I just told you, you should realize that he does consider the books part of his ongoing SW saga.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Most of the quotes people give from GL are out of context. The force unleashed is very much canon. The GAMES are very low on the canon list. Only the cut scenes are C Canon. The novels are completely C Canon. Boba Fett alive is Canon. What he said about Boba Fett was that if he knew he was going to be so popular he'd give him a better death.

This doesn't invalidate him still being alive. Just that he would have had a definite death that'd have been epic.

Basically he'd have done things differently.

Edited by Rhyltran