podcast interview, a little about 1.3

So a little interview for those who haven't seen or heard it...they talk a little about 1.3 the augment tables are nice, idc too much about the group finder because there's not much to do as far as FP's go anyway (a few hm's that give crap loot and aren't very fun imo once you've done them 1 or 2 times).

it's mentioned that 1.3 will be a features patch with "light content"....i'm curious as to what they consider light content. was 1.2 heavy content for them? if so, that's just funny. i hope 1.2 was considered light content as well....nightmare ec will only keep up busy for a few weeks, assuming it's coming before 1.3. so if we don't get a new, very good size, long operation(s) and maybe some new fp's in 1.3 *** are we going to do? ug. i really hope they considered 1.2 content light....

http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-old-republic-official-podcast-episode-i

Get a grip. No game can keep pumping out FPs, Ops, Warzones, in every incremental patch. Not even WoW does this, and they make a gajillion dollars per month in subs.

Really, what's up with the non-stop unrealistic expectations, massive negativity, and insane trolling on these boards?

Get a grip. No game can keep pumping out FPs, Ops, Warzones, in every incremental patch. Not even WoW does this, and they make a gajillion dollars per month in subs.

Really, what's up with the non-stop unrealistic expectations, massive negativity, and insane trolling on these boards?

MMO forums are always like this, regardless of game.

That's the new target audience. Non-gamers and people who don't have the slightest grasp of software development let alone game development. They played the sims and think that making an FP is like building a house there.

unrealistic expectations? can i get working pvp and unbugged bosses and class balance? like i'm tired of seeing 20 people online and NO pvp what so ever. I've been through 3 severs already and they keep dieing lol. We've been yelling merge or transfer for months >_>

Actually wow does have a new raid every incremental patch - the last one that didn't was 2.2, and no the .0 patches don't count as they exist to prepare for the next expansion.

At any rate, I at least hope there's something new for PvE other than the group finder this patch. 4 bosses just isn't enough for 4 months. I can understand if this was a full tier, but its not we don't even have nightmare mode yet. The current content won't keep endgame PvEers interested for much longer, if 1.3 doesn't have something PvE related, things will get stale pretty quickly.

Edited by The-Vortex

That's the new target audience. Non-gamers and people who don't have the slightest grasp of software development let alone game development. They played the sims and think that making an FP is like building a house there.
Very sad, but very true.

Actually wow does have a new raid every incremental patch - the last one that didn't was 2.2, and no the .0 patches don't count as they exist to prepare for the next expansion.

But does wow pump out a major patch every 3 months? No seriously, I would like to know the answer..

No it doesn't but my point still stands. 4 bosses and 2 difficulties isn't enough for ~4 months no matter how you look at it. I would have at least thought we would get nightmare mode but after reading that I'm doubtful. Kinda hoped that the leaks from Torhead would be accurate as their prediction for 1.2 was spot on but we'll see.

No it doesn't but my point still stands. 4 bosses and 2 difficulties isn't enough for ~4 months no matter how you look at it. I would have at least thought we would get nightmare mode but after reading that I'm doubtful. Kinda hoped that the leaks from Torhead would be accurate as their prediction for 1.2 was spot on but we'll see.

I'm pretty sure wow said they're done with content until Mists, that means WoW will go almost a year without any new content.

At any rate, I at least hope there's something new for PvE other than the group finder this patch. 4 bosses just isn't enough for 4 months. I can understand if this was a full tier, but its not we don't even have nightmare mode yet. The current content won't keep endgame PvEers interested for much longer, if 1.3 doesn't have something PvE related, things will get stale pretty quickly.

According to your site, you haven't even downed a boss in hard mode EC yet. Why are you already looking passed it and complaining about lack of content?

no your point does not still stand. If even wow can't pump out new raids and dungeons every 3 months with the tsunami of cash they have coming in every month, how do you expect SWTOR to deliver that?

you just proved that your expectations are unrealistic.

the group finder they are talking about is fine if it is just to hold the game over until they can get a x-server group finder done, if they are releasing this and thinking ,Whew we saved the game! they are sorely mistaken.

the group finder they are talking about is fine if it is just to hold the game over until they can get a x-server group finder done, if they are releasing this and thinking ,Whew we saved the game! they are sorely mistaken.

That's assuming transfers and mergers don't happen. If transfers and mergers are successful, I do not foresee x-server LFG for a long time.

That's assuming transfers and mergers don't happen. If transfers and mergers are successful, I do not foresee x-server LFG for a long time.
And transfers are happening, thank goodness, so hopefully we won;t ever see cross-server lfg functionality outside of ranked warzones.

According to your site, you haven't even downed a boss in hard mode EC yet. Why are you already looking passed it and complaining about lack of content?

What does it matter? I like having something to look forward to while working on current content, knowing that 1.3 has nothing aside from the group finder kinda takes away the need to push progression. That way I can plan how long we have to clear the place and get geared up for the next tier. But I get your point, I'll shut up now,

unrealistic expectations? can i get working pvp and unbugged bosses and class balance? like i'm tired of seeing 20 people online and NO pvp what so ever. I've been through 3 severs already and they keep dieing lol. We've been yelling merge or transfer for months >_>

That's different. Original OP was talking about brand new content every .1 patch, and that's unrealistic. No game ever can do that.

Besides, I prefer that they fix existing content first (stuff you mentioned, proper LFG tool, ranked WZs, servers transfers, etc), and only after that put new content in.

I was assuming the transfers do happen, server caps are way too small to sustain a single server lfg tool, you think wz ques are long? Immagine if wz's had to fill certain roles . People get tired of spamming lfg for hours, they also get tired of waiting in ques for hours.

So instead of losing even more players id rather see them just bite the bullet and do what anyone with any bit of knowledge about modern mmos knows that you have to do to keep your players happy and implement a x-server lfg tool.

Its not like its some revolutionary thing, games have tried same server lfg tools before, they arent the answer.

Edited by Mallorik

What does it matter? I like having something to look forward to while working on current content, knowing that 1.3 has nothing aside from the group finder kinda takes away the need to push progression. That way I can plan how long we have to clear the place and get geared up for the next tier. But I get your point, I'll shut up now,

so the perfect amount of content is what you're currently on +1 and anything less is a failure? yeah, that's reasonable...

it's mentioned that 1.3 will be a features patch with "light content"....i'm curious as to what they consider light content. was 1.2 heavy content for them?

1.2 had quite a lot of features/content. Just not much in the way of "end game" content.

Which is fine with me, because I don't actually DO end game content. My lvl 50 finished class quest story character has never done a single HM, or even so much as stepped foot on Ilum.

As such, 1.2 was pretty much right up my alley.

But what WoW has done is to improve the access to those end game content for everyone. :cool:

So a little interview for those who haven't seen or heard it...they talk a little about 1.3 the augment tables are nice, idc too much about the group finder because there's not much to do as far as FP's go anyway (a few hm's that give crap loot and aren't very fun imo once you've done them 1 or 2 times).

it's mentioned that 1.3 will be a features patch with "light content"....i'm curious as to what they consider light content. was 1.2 heavy content for them? if so, that's just funny. i hope 1.2 was considered light content as well....nightmare ec will only keep up busy for a few weeks, assuming it's coming before 1.3. so if we don't get a new, very good size, long operation(s) and maybe some new fp's in 1.3 *** are we going to do? ug. i really hope they considered 1.2 content light....

http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-old-republic-official-podcast-episode-i

First of all thanks for the link.

Regarding your feedback, I disagree there.

1.2 had the legacy system, personally I think its a great addition to the game. Its an as big feature like achivements were at wow but a lot better thought out. Since we have a family in Tor, it does finally make sense to take over boni - not like at wow, where my troll who has no connection to my Undead does support her with various things. OFC it should be extended, for instance should companions be more involved and the professions of them - but it would also be intresting to have a shared stash someday a house for all chars etc.

Now to your question what should be in the game in 1.3.

Personally I think that rated WZ´s are really a major feature that should come soon, right now a solo q player has no reason to play anymore this can only be fixed by a solo ranked q system - which is hopefully coming soon. It will bring back a lot of fun at pvp.

Regarding pve content, since I did not yet raid at Tor and did not yet lvl all chars to 50 (actually just 1) I still have a lot content for myself. I doubt people are really done with all the pve content, its so much and atleast for me - more than at wow.

Ofc once people are done with every class, they need something new - I guess space multiplayer missions can be fun, housing can, more crafting will - but also world events are nice.

Bw will bring the LFG in 1.3 - I do hope that the rated WZ´s do not suffer by that and that there is a way to filter out elitist players in the LFG else its useless like at wow.

Edited by RachelAnne