SPOILERS!!! Darth jadus question

DSWSithlord

Here is how i did it, marksman sniper,

Vector as companion. Walked up behind Jadus, then into him, flashbang, down over to the consoles and corrosive dart all the time. Interrupts when needed. Allways moving and kiting around the consoles. If all went well not even Vector dies.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question

What happens if you join him? I've seen how the game plays out if you talk him down and when you kill him. However, besides killing Zhorrid, is there any noticeable difference in the storyline? Particularily about Watcher 2 being on that ship and subsequent quests you get from her? Do you actually become his "herald" and work for him or is it "go kill my daughter for me and then wait for the orders as I hide in some random place" as the story continues normally?

I joined him and handed in watcher x, killed his daugter .

Following this watcher x leads the secret service the guy is gone .. you do the whole SIS stuff get rid of it with the help of the guy. There are a couple of references to Jadus being the boss man but I think it's the same. No quests so far have come from Jadus bar daughter- I am lvl 40 now

truth is kaliyo is a terrible tank, and that we don't get any other tank companion

Scorpio is a melee tank and the last companion to become available. And Kaliyo is fine. Gear her up with good armour and endurance. As a healer Op, she or Scorpio make the ideal companion.

Kaliyo - Ranged tank

Vector - Melee DPS

Lokin - Healer/Melee DPS

Temple - Melee DPS

Scorpio - Melee tank

Am I the only one that loves Jadus' voice? I hated the guy since the first time we met, but man that voice is awesome.

Also when I fought him he bugged out in all 3 rounds, I just stealthed and got some hits in from behind and let vector take it from there. As long you interrupt him or los then the fights are simple.

I leveled up to 35 and upgraded my gear and Kaliyo's too.

I ended up using Vector in his default gear to beat him tho. Dragged him down the first flight of steps and used the consoles there to LoS his attacks.

When he'd CC Vector his next attack was usually an AoE slam that broke CC so I didn't have to worry about dispelling. I know I did a poor job of interrupting specific attacks - just tried to keep him interrupted as I could - LoSing his attacks was really the key.

Vector did most of the damage and I kept him aggroed on me with Corrosive dart and grenades. (mostly Concealment spec)

Took a couple of tries to get passed the first phase, but after that it was easier.

I killed him without much prob the first fight. But the second fight he's friggen bugged. How can the game be so buggy!!!! Always "cannot see target" even though he's standing right in front of me. Seriously this is a class quest and it's bugged beyond belief, are QA that incompetent with this game???

EDIT: Finally beat him though, the cannot see target bug appears to vanish randomly which allowed me to kill him.

I was level 30 so definitely doable at that level, even though he was level 32.

Edited by ddayyy

I found him quite easy but

I'm usually a few levels higher than the quests - because I prefer PvP and find the quests a little tedious.

I keep all my gear up to date by buying mods with my commendations

I also buy my companion PvP gear which is slotted and I keep that up to date too

As for the bug it seemed ok once he left the platform and I could hit him...

Edited by jakedamus

At lvl 33 he's really easy. I originally thought if I went around the back and fought him there that the problem wouldn't happen...not so much.

It seems that you have to be in front of him in melee range to do damage, and so what I did was walk up to him until I could hit him, cover->cover pulse->leg shot to get him off the platform. As mentioned before, once he's off the platform, its normal. Granted again at lvl 33 it really didn't matter what I did...probably could have just rifle shot and let my companion kill him.

Did anyone side with Jadas all the way through?

Edited by jockomoron

Am I the only one that loves Jadus' voice?

I really liked the character and was rooting for him the whole time, even after I fought against him. When I first got on the ship and listened to the holo-recordings I thought, "he's alive, it's him!" I wanted to side with him until he gave his speech and I realized I think he just wants power and no so much a "better" empire.

You can also talk him into retreat. I was able to do this by explaining to him that he was being recorded, that others would find out, that without me he would not have the other half of the codes and then, as a final challenge, gave him the no-balls and told him to just go ahead and kill me. Very satisfying conclusion to Chapter 1, IMO.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Salgoud

I was two lvls below when i got to him. I cant help sneaking mobs. since i can.

Just los him around the terminals, try to hold aggro so ur companion doesnt die. If he starts climbing the terminals, move to the middle and jump down the stairs to avoid his casts. You`ll get it eventually, just keep going ^^

I thought this fight also has a known bug where if you fight while he is up on the stairs you can't target him properly and you can't target your companion properly to heal them?

The trick is to agro him and pull him down off the stairs to the level the computers are on and keep the fight down there.

I am having a terrible time with this fight, I have almost completed Taris side quests but my class quest is stuck there...so if anyone wants to help and they play on Beregen Colony my name is El'ember :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I had a hard time fight Jadus as an Operative, the LOS bug was really annoying. I later found there was another bug in the game, I commanded Kalio to attack Jadus to start the fight by pressing Ctrl-1, then shoot Jadus from some distance away. Jadus would keep casting whirlwind on Kalio and somehow heals her at the same time. After awhile Jadus was defeated without the operative doing much.

• 2 weeks later...
This fight is still bugged and for it to be a class quest it seems absurd after 4 months. I find it completely irrational to level higher than a class boss to beat it. I have 3 other 50's and the only boss I had a tuff time with was with my jedi knight at lv32...cant remember his name but it was a great challenge. And this is my point right here...this is no challenge but to find a way to debug a boss that hits like a truck. Sure I can run around the terminals and dance like idiot but I want a straight up fight with this guy...not a damn gimmick

if you think operative is hard, try sniper, you can't shoot him unless you body pull him first, it is impossible to do it on the level you get the mission. you aren't suppose to out level stuff to do it effctively.

granted, I did out level stuff on my knight as well before doing them. some bosses are cake, while others hit like trucks.

Jedi knight story spoiler below:

list of hard hitting bosses in chapter 1:

Bosses in the Jedi knight story that hit like trucks:

Kira's "brother" (dont remember his name)

Darth Angral (I had to out level him by 3 levels before i beat him. I finished the planet that came after him before doing the fight)

There are most likely more, but I haven't gotten through all the story yet, I'm working on chapter 2.

Edited by Fallerup

I did beat this boss but it was not in good taste. I like a straight up fight and the fact I had to dance around the terminals is just lame. My point being if I tried to take him on where he stands at the start I cannot target him or my companion...pure pain in the ***. I had to "jimmy rig" the fight so I could move on to the next quest.

As for the Jedi Knight the lv32 boss is a pure test on how well you know your class and how good are you at interupting. It was a cool challenge and took me a while to figure what I was supposed to do. Cant beleive I forgot his damn name but you Jedi Knights know exactly what Im talking about...not the ones that partied up and caked-walked thru the fight...but the ones that stood toe to toe with him.

I love the operative story line and the character seems to be my favorite so far. I would have never guessed that my healer could pull great numbers and also be able to vanish when targeted. Its prob the coolest mmo class I have played and this is from 9 years experience

Just a shame this boss fight had to be rigged to defeat it