So.. how many subs WERE lost?

Spankyjnco

They launched with 1.8M people roughly correct? Numbers now say 1.3M Subscribers.

At launch, they did not have European servers up. If you look at the number 1.3M now, that DOES include Europe subscribers as well.

I am assuming there would be at LEAST 300-400k subscribers in Europe currently. (Anyone have the correct number for this?)

So if we take them out of the current sub total of 1.3, we would be at 950kish if not less depending on how many subs are added in from the Europe side.

That is roughly half of the subs gone, more if you count the amount of people that have started playing since launch that weren't included in the original 1.8.

So that's after a 5 month run so far correct? Theres still plenty more losses to be had. EA's press release for Q4 earnings and planning shows that the game is on a downward spike for revenue... and that there is 2 expansions (whether that would be paid or free updates like 1.2) coming in Q1 (Business Q1, aka Q4 for us so the end of 2012).

Whats your take on all this information?

game this huge only making that much compared to what it could be making if they weren't such fails when it comes to handling this game.

Yeah, it's bad. :rak_03:

So far only the players are the fails that I've noticed sinse launch.

Sorry, you appear to be confused. I assume you mean the APAC servers not being up at launch. EU servers were up at the same time as the US ones when the game was launched, give or take an hour whilst they turned them all on. I was in Early Access from day one and was on a european server.

APAC may have a load of subs on them - but most were subbed on different servers before those servers launched - hence the whole transfer and fuss. Also, subscriber numbers of 1.8million were prior to APAC officially launching - so those are certainly not the subs you are looking for.

1.8 million = US/EU only

1.3 million = US/EU/APAC

I don't believe they've long launched in the other 38 new territories or haven't done so for long, so not sure whether those would be included in them

With that bearing in mind, I don't think there's much point to this thread as that is what it seems to be about in terms of differentiating it from the other tons of threads on a similar vein today.

Edited by Grandma

He's referring to the launches in the new 38 countries.

Which are not included in this report, at all.

Neither are the free months.

But why bother with facts when fallacies make your argument look better?

With message boards, comes whining...with whining comes more whining...with more whining...comes even more whining..... Sometimes to gain buffs and nerf everyone else... one must go to a message board and whine...

applies to all MMO's

shame... they ruined a game with HUGE potential....

not true this game is far from ruined, it still has huge potential if not even bigger since it seems thier devs is going backwards.

all the game needs is qualifyed leadership from the dev team.

Greetings,

We understand that the recent EA earnings call is a topic of high interest to our community. There are already a couple of threads on this subject, so you may want to join one of these conversations, already in progress:

Investor Call:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=447688

Subscriptions: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=448029

We will be closing this thread now. Thank you for your feedback!