Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Powertech PVP - Damage Video

Wrestle

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hard to tell if I feel any adjustments should be made to the class or not. I generally am erring on the side of not but if there were adjustments, they'd have to be minor at best since Powertech and Vanguards in generally are pretty well balanced (ignoring a few bugs here and there).

Pyro's are devastating in the hands of a good player but part of the thing is that it's pretty hard to find people who really play the class to full effect. There's one player on my server who's hell on two feet with this build, a few who are still deadly, and a lot of people who are actually pretty easy to one v one. So player ability really does seem key with this class. Compared to something like a well played Gunslinger or Sniper, it's not too far off from what can be done with those classes.

They are one of the easiest classes to play. There are very few of them, so i say leave them alone and just fix biochem.

Difference is - TD is on a 15 sec Cooldown which means its Balanced been balanced- along with RS on a 12 sec cooldown - Operatives didnt have cooldowns to pull of w/e they did- this is also responding to the guy after you. im just sick of people like duckling saying Nerf everything-

Railshots cool down is reset with abilities. You guys and your little debbie snack cakes. Too much sugar IMO.

They are one of the easiest classes to play. There are very few of them, so i say leave them alone and just fix biochem.

They've 'fixed' biochem twice now. How about they make it so that tanks aren't doing more damage than DPS people?

:eek:

They've 'fixed' biochem twice now. How about they make it so that tanks aren't doing more damage than DPS people?

:eek:

It won't happen, something about not figuring into the mathmatical equation metrics or something. Thats why the forum is full of rage. The dark side is strong with the community. Rage=power, power=unsub.

Edited by MrSIlverSurfing

Well either way 400k from 2-3 months is plain crazy. I'm sure PVP balance played into that a bit.

That really isn't that big of a drop given how many people are still playing. TOR is still over 1 million subs, most new mmo's 6 months out would kill to retain those numbers.

After 1.2 it can be reset every 6 seconds.

Which is abusive as hell considering how easy it is to get the setup for it to be used.

Sorcerer / Sage instants can't occur more than every 10-12seconds, and have a MUCH lower single target damage.

Railshots cool down is reset with abilities. You guys and your little debbie snack cakes. Too much sugar IMO.

Which also has a cooldown. PTs have heavy frontload burst (which can actually take 4-5 globals depending on luck) followed by 4 globals of rapid shots so they aren't completely overheated for their next chance at fishing for PPA procs.

After 1.2 it can be reset every 6 seconds.

The operative word being "can", not will. A 60% chance to reset the RS cd from a Rocket Punch (9 sec cd ability) or a 45% from a Flame Burst (16 Heat). Heat is not an unlimited resouce by any means.

you do realize that mercs have more utilities than powertech which allows them to live longer? Yes PT is all damage but DPS doesnt win a warzone its teamwork and smarts that actually wins. Instead of crying about how a class is way op maybe do some research and learn how to play your class more effectively.

you do realize that mercs have more utilities than powertech which allows them to live longer? Yes PT is all damage but DPS doesnt win a warzone its teamwork and smarts that actually wins. Instead of crying about how a class is way op maybe do some research and learn how to play your class more effectively.

Yeah they are oozing with utility. Wether I'm good or not I should have probably picked up something on the class in my first 80 levels of valor.

Oh yeah here is my reply saying mercs live longer than shield wielding PTs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Prp615mmDk

The operative word being "can", not will. A 60% chance to reset the RS cd from a Rocket Punch (9 sec cd ability) or a 45% from a Flame Burst (16 Heat). Heat is not an unlimited resouce by any means.

I agree, heat is a real issue with PTs. They are a very nasty burst class IMO. Kind of what the class selection voice over mentioned that the Mercs were supposed to be. (The entire destroy your opponent before you are destroyed thing)

There long term DPS isn't anything abnormal IMO, thus they shouldn't be touched/nerfed. There class is just the perfect mobile DPS burst death machine for PVP.

Yeah they are oozing with utility. Wether I'm good or not I should have probably picked up something on the class in my first 80 levels of valor.

Oh yeah here is my reply saying mercs live longer than shield wielding PTs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Prp615mmDk

Shield wielding PTs don't have the kind of burst that was displayed in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Prp615mmDk right back at you

Can I get a list of these servers were every enemy you run into is that soft, every time. It would just be so easy to play and gear up alts on those servers. I have 5 wh armor parts plus the gun and the damage is not even close to that on force users in WH gear.

It's not that I can't do that damage but it's against pugs with no support that let you get in a full rotation without beeing cc'd and have all your dot's cleansed. An enemy with ****** gear, no guard, no heals and no taunt's on me while I got all possible buffs and he will die in 4-5 hits. And that's what you saw in that video.

But I can understand the qq if you are on a server where max 8 people on each side pvp and you are on the receiving end of those crits every time you log on while you frantically try to find and click on your skills in your spell book.

And the dps is not the same as it was on the operative since you can see the PT comming at you and it's not possible for him to kill you while you are laying face down in the dirt unable to do anything.

It would be fun if somebody would make a PT/Vanguard video were the enemy had equal gear and could find their abilities on their actionbars(key bound).

And ppl whine about juggs that do 5k crit with smash, every 12 sec and ONLY with stims + pvp expertise buff...

Yep... and we got nerfed for doing 6k every 9 seconds also... nerfed HARD... lol

and the derps still cry about Mara's and Jugs... lol

Edited by VoidJustice

When class x does it its ok, when operative do it, everybody yells nerf. :(

not to mention that the spec has sustained damage, while operative has short burst out of stealth and that's it.

I'm not sure I'm watching the same video as you.

All I'm seeing is a series of clips where the PT pops cooldowns, throws TD and proceeds to overheat or near overheat to kill one or two people. This level of damage is not sustained.

People keep saying the word "tank" and they fail to recognize that the PT in the video is DPS spec and in DPS gear, and wears a power generator in DPS stance. There is nothing "tank" about this spec. The few times he's being hit he has to immediately pop his damage reduction cooldown (blue bubble, not to be confused with the few times a jug threw a guard on him). This spec tanks about as well as an operative (5% mitigation difference in favor of PT), but without the ability to cleanse anything, or disappear.

Its so funny watching people scrap with all of their nice abilities while mercs/mandos are the lowest performing class since this game went live. If you need an AEr that can hit a lot of people for a few hundred then call a merc/commando. The merc doesn't have one ability that all the other classes has. Hell our main hit that would occassionly crit in pvp for 5.5 is now hitting for friggin 3k. tank sins hit harder than that.

All I'm seeing is a series of clips where the PT pops cooldowns, throws TD and proceeds to overheat or near overheat to kill one or two people. This level of damage is not sustained.

People keep saying the word "tank" and they fail to recognize that the PT in the video is DPS spec and in DPS gear, and wears a power generator in DPS stance. There is nothing "tank" about this spec. The few times he's being hit he has to immediately pop his damage reduction cooldown (blue bubble, not to be confused with the few times a jug threw a guard on him). This spec tanks about as well as an operative (5% mitigation difference in favor of PT), but without the ability to cleanse anything, or disappear.

Good post, but either way its stupid burst. One round was like 20k in just a few seconds.

Hey man don't be bringing facts in here. This a PvP forum hyperbole and outright lies are only welcome here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.