Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Powertech PVP - Damage Video

Wrestle

I just saw this on youtube. Man I wish Mercs were even remotely close to this in DPS. Whats also crazy is all of the DPS is while being fully mobile, while the merc is an interuptable turret with hideous DPS.

Edited by Wrestle

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the problem here.

As for Mercs, play a sniper. It's the same class, only better.

I have a sniper, but it's not my thing honestly. I'm not crazy about the sniper play style even though it owns face. I truly dont think people realize how bad commandos/mercs are atm. They are easily the worst AC in the game.

yes mercenaries need a mechanic change to be viable in PVP. Powertechs should be a model for how all classes should work in PVP, as they're fun to play in their current popular spec for major PVP (pyro) with an alternate playstyle available for those seeking a more challenging skill set (advanced prototype).

yes mercenaries need a mechanic change to be viable in PVP. Powertechs should be a model for how all classes should work in PVP, as they're fun to play in their current popular spec for major PVP (pyro) with an alternate playstyle available for those seeking a more challenging skill set (advanced prototype).

Mercs/Commandos are totally garbage. I knew they were bad, but I was shocked when started watching other pvp videos today and realized how truly terrible they are.

Edited by Wrestle

Guys just boss at his class nothing wrong with that. I think out of the 4 PT's on my server 2 play the class right.

Not saying he isn't a good player, but PT is honestly one of the easier classes to play. This DPS is sick. I'm sorry but Sorcerer/Mer/Commando DPS isn't anywhere near as good as this or the other ACs atm.

Just a heads up Majority of those BIG hiiters are from the Adrenal+relic+cooldown combo hence why its a Compilation video, also wz adrenal+cooldown. so dont get all your panties in a twist

Understandable and I agree, but compared to the MERC/Commando ACs this is just a kick in the stomach. lol

Understandable and I agree, but compared to the MERC/Commando ACs this is just a kick in the stomach. lol

Well, those classes are both functionally broken, and have talents that are outright bugged. So basically you have a car that is missing two wheels and a transmission.

I just saw this on youtube. Man I wish Mercs were even remotely close to this in DPS. Whats also crazy is all of the DPS is while being fully mobile, while the merc is an interuptable turret with hideous DPS.

Merc pyros are just as mobile. Stop playing arsenal, its a crap tree.

Well, those classes are both functionally broken, and have talents that are outright bugged. So basically you have a car that is missing two wheels and a transmission.

Well this is what everyone thought, but a developer posted the other day for the second time stating that everything is working as intended with the Mercs/Commandos.

Merc pyros are just as mobile. Stop playing arsenal, its a crap tree.

yes they are just as mobile, but without the defensive/tanking aspect. Also you lose all of the benefits of the railshot armor reduction, which is huge. Pyro isn't really great for a Merc either.

may aswell post the link to his thread stating the cooldowns were 90% of vid etcand the somewhat crap gear'd people he was against

Sucks but gota do damage control - Just wait till Jediduckling gets in here....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=447838

Another thing it doesnt Show - is the amount of miss's you get with 90 accuracy!

Edited by Paranoidpuz
forgot link

yes they are just as mobile, but without the defensive/tanking aspect. Also you lose all of the benefits of the railshot armor reduction, which is huge. Pyro isn't really great for a Merc either.

IMO pyro is fantastic for merc, fusion missile really adds to it, once the target reaches 30% health, sensors override+FM and watch him burn to death and not being able to heal in time.

may aswell post the link to his thread stating the cooldowns were 90% of vid etcand the somewhat crap gear'd people he was against

Sucks but gota do damage control - Just wait till Jediduckling gets in here....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=447838

What CDs for the PT lol? I'm not hating on the PTs, good for them, but good lord. Sucks to be a sorcerer/commando/merc in pvp. Looks like the rest of the classes are doing very well.

Well this is what everyone thought, but a developer posted the other day for the second time stating that everything is working as intended with the Mercs/Commandos.

I saw that post, and he only answered part of the question. He DID address the damage on the target dummies, but he DID NOT address the damage modifiers in the Arsenal Tree. He completely ignored the FACT that Tracer Lock/Charged Barrel isn't stacking.

What CDs for the PT lol? I'm not hating on the PTs, good for them, but good lord. Sucks to be a sorcerer/commando/merc in pvp. Looks like the rest of the classes are doing very well.

475 Power Adrenal + 405 Relic + 25% crit for 15 seconds on top of the FULLY POW/surge gear'd PT ontop of 90% armor pen of Railshot Only = high DPS. the TD hit low normally cuz theres no armor pen- Unless your crap geared and a Sorc

Edited by Paranoidpuz

Adrenal/relic/crit skill. Like the poster of the vid stated on youtube, those were nearly always up. Its a burst compilation after all.

And Jedi won't come in here as the video shows that even against badly equipped ppl with all cds popped, rs/hip does not do the 10k hits he always eats with full xp gear :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.