Do you think Bioware should add something similiar?

BlueFromMoon

I was reading Elder Scroll Online's PVP features, at http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472749

Some highlights are:

- Three faction PvP (100 vs 100 vs 100) where you fight to take over keeps and use trebuchets and other siege weapons to help do it.

- The most accomplished PvP player on your faction becomes Emperor whenever you take over the Cyrodill.

- When you take over Cyrodiil you will be able to adventure in it as a hostile city a la Kvatch

- Balanced PvP for people who prefer eSports, and duels.

Im just so hyped up, its like a dream come true, maybe Bioware should add something similiar to fight back?

Edited by BlueFromMoon

Don't set yourself up for disappointment by getting hyped for any video game. Your imagination is always going to beat out reality when it comes to gaming. :)

This is the same thing i experience a lot of the time with gaming.

Hehe I know guys, but 3 faction fights over a Capital, its probably THE most perfect PVP MMORPG concept ever! :cool:

- Three faction PvP (100 vs 100 vs 100) where you fight to take over keeps and use trebuchets and other siege weapons to help do it.

You do realize that Swtor engine is basically a potato and can nowhere near handle that.

Wz's are limited to 8v8 because of that, and illum was a total bust with 100 total players (both sides included).

Edited by Dmasterr

wow the people in that thread you linked are haters, I don't even get why they want first person so bad. first person is lame and gimmicky enough as it is, elder scrolls shouldn't even focus on it.

-Visually it looks like other Hero Engine MMOs like SWTOR

-The general art style is kind of like RIFT or Everquest 2

Great Rift on the hero engine cause there is obviously not enough bad MMO's out on the market today.

There have been quite a few games that have done "open"-PvP right, like Warhammer, DAoC (afaik, never played it) etc.

IMHO, the first thing BW needed to do to fix Ilum is instance it and make it a global cross-server instance with max 20 players (more if the engine could actually handle it). This way, it would be at least fair for every side and it wouldn't become a lagfest. Yes, this would mean that the PvP isn't really "open", but what most plpl want out of this is just fights in big numbers.

Then maybe add some cool objectives to Ilum that maks it more dynamic and give some decent reward once they conquered Ilum. Maybe it could also be broken down into sections and combined for certain servers, so one group could take the first instance and then other ppl from the same server-group could continue. Or there could be some point-system that collects all the points from one side of the server-group and at different treshholds the whole group would advance to another stage of Ilum, kinda like in Warhammer I guess. This would create the feeling of a big battle going on and strenghten the ties between the factions, even if they're not on the same server.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment by getting hyped for any video game. Your imagination is always going to beat out reality when it comes to gaming. :)

World of Warcraft is a prime example of this.

They make argueably the best CGI advertisement trailers I've ever seen for any game... And yet the game still sucks in reality.... lol

Although to be fair The Secret World trailers are pretty awesome sauce in the fact that the game graphics are not underestimated by the CGI trailer.

One thing I will give BW credit for is they didn't use CGI to explain the game play of SWTOR... there is a distinct difference in graphic quality, but SWTOR's graphics are by far even remotely close to as bad as Wow.

:cool:

Edited by Ahebish

You do realize that Swtor engine is basically a potato and can nowhere near handle that.

Wz's are limited to 8v8 because of that, and illum was a total bust with 100 total players (both sides included).

Sad truth. They aknowlegded that Ilum was technically at their limits. And those were 20on20 to 40on40 fights.

If you'd try to implement 100vs100vs100 youd'd get around 1fps on the best rigs. Or a server crash.

Sad truth. They aknowlegded that Ilum was technically at their limits. And those were 20on20 to 40on40 fights.

If you'd try to implement 100vs100vs100 youd'd get around 1fps on the best rigs. Or a server crash.

Zenimax uses the original Hero Engine. Hero Engine isnt built to support all these cutscenes and story-lines. Of course it works.

Edited by BlueFromMoon