Is The Fatman Saving SWTOR?

Elder scrolls is going to have more bugs than the roach scene in the first Creepshow movie. Bethesda makes beautiful but bugged games. I loved fallout 3 and couldn't play New Vegas it was so bugged.

This game is really for older players I feel. They might lose the younger gamers but over 35's like me seem to love it.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elder scrolls is going to have more bugs than the roach scene in the first Creepshow movie. Bethesda makes beautiful but bugged games. I loved fallout 3 and couldn't play New Vegas it was so bugged.

This game is really for older players I feel. They might lose the younger gamers but over 35's like me seem to love it.

This is true. Skyrim's bugs make TOR's look like nothing.

If by doing this, they force EVERYONE off of the server, then I'm cool with it. If it means all of the most active ppl leave my server and it becomes even worse than it already is, then I'm not.

That's my fear with letting ppl choose where they go.

Nah, Rift put a message on the targeted servers of "move it or lose it, server's getting shut down in X weeks". Then, if the server got shut down and you didn't move, you're character was just in "limbo" until you logged in, selected a server, and voila, as fast as logging in.

Um, Elder Scrolls Online is going to bomb really *really* hard.

But in general, you are correct. There is quite a bit of competition coming up. Diablo 3 is going to murder subs, I think.

I don't think so. Diablo 3 isn't an MMO, so it's not going to murder subs any more than Mass Effect 3 did.

After I finish my current char to 50 on my server for the storyline, I am rerolling to Fatman (got a few super low lvl toons there already). And honestly that is the only thing that is keeping me from just leaving ToR right now (plus I got a 6 month sub, ugh). If I didnt know there was atleast 1 well populated server I can go to once this toon is done, I would be gone.

And yes I am sure there is a high pop PvE server as well somewhere, but I care about PvP. And I am sure there are a couple servers with decent populations. But I want this to feel like a Massively Multiplayer game. Not just a multiplayer game. I played on neverwinter nights servers that had a higher server pop that most of these "massively multiplayer" servers.

And honestly I dont care about the character transfers, I have no interested in being in funneled into other dead servers of their choice for free, or pay 25$ per char transfer. At this point the legacy system isnt anywhere near compelling enough for me to worry about if I have one char on a server, or 8.

So for me, Fatman IS the reason I have not quit yet.

I don't think so. Diablo 3 isn't an MMO, so it's not going to murder subs any more than Mass Effect 3 did.

Yea well people can (and often do) play more than a single kind of genre. I personally know 3 people who are leaving ToR for D3. Will they come back after a while? I cant say. But they are definitely people unsubbing for other games, and other genre's.

It doesnt have to be a MMO to pull people away from a game that they dont really enjoy playing anymore.

Yea well people can (and often do) play more than a single kind of genre. I personally know 3 people who are leaving ToR for D3. Will they come back after a while? I cant say. But they are definitely people unsubbing for other games, and other genre's.

It doesnt have to be a MMO to pull people away from a game that they dont really enjoy playing anymore.

I play TOR, Skyrim, Mass Effect 1-3, and Alpha Protocol. I don't need to "leave" any one for the other.

I play TOR, Skyrim, Mass Effect 1-3, and Alpha Protocol. I don't need to "leave" any one for the other.

Well then you are part of a minority. Most people dont try and juggle playing a ton of games all at the same time. At most its usually like 2. Especially when one of them is a MMO. MMO's are time sinks, they are grinds.

I am certainly not saying its not possible. But most people dont. Most people dont have the time to spend trying to get in solid playtime on lots of games on a weekly or daily basis.

Edited by Blaise

Is it just me, or is The Fatman server the only server saving this game from dying?

Every geographical zone seems to have a server like this. In the EU, for example, it's Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

I don't believe that the game is dying (yet) it's only that there are way too many servers. People want to reroll on a full server and the best bet is to go to the highest populated server there is so they all end up on the same server.

One can tell that EA/BW were much to optimistic as to the number of subs to expect. The current amount of servers points towards something like 4 million subs. We're having something like more or less 1 million active subs and this won't work unless they do some merging so that they end up with 1/4 of the current amount of servers. Will not look good in terms of business, of course, but it will push the game. It's much better to have about 55 servers each with a healthy population than 5 full servers and 215 dying ones. This could even be a foundation for an increasing number of subs

One can also tell that they had a much more healthy approach for the Asia/Pacific zone. Three servers there and they are all very good populated. Imagine they had opened 12 servers for this zone, then the situation would be pretty much the same as is in the EU and in the US server zones.

Edited by Cretinus

I unsubbed about a week ago because my server was nearly dead (10-ish people on fleet at prime time). That's no fun.

Despite not wanting to leave my legacy behind, I decided today, to roll on Fatman just to see what it was like.

I've gotta say, the Fatman has me resubbing. I love that server.

Yes, the Fatman is saving SWTOR (at least for me). It puts one of the M's back in MMO.

I unsubbed about a week ago because my server was nearly dead (10-ish people on fleet at prime time). That's no fun.

Despite not wanting to leave my legacy behind, I decided today, to roll on Fatman just to see what it was like.

I've gotta say, the Fatman has me resubbing. I love that server.

Yes, the Fatman is saving SWTOR (at least for me). It puts one of the M's back in MMO.

I am surprised seeing a few players here posting maturely saying that this server is keeping them in the game!

The swiftsure has a very nice population, warzone queues aren't long and there aren't login queues, people I know moved from the fatman because of login queues to the swiftsure and enjoy it more. Edited by BraaxusKun

the harbinger is the PVE equivalent of Fatman...dont forget about Harbinger for PVE

sometimes i think all people care about are PvP servers

SWTOR has pvp servers.. PVE servers have almost just the same amount of PVP as the PVP servers. Bioware designed the game to be carebear so you get almost no open world pvp while leveling. They took extra care to keep factions mission areas seperate which was a huge mistake and they know it.

They depended to much on story and they limited themselves to how they design the game based on that. Now they know they made a mistake and are playing catch up. We will see how bad GW2 and The Secret World hurts them. Both those games have mostly voice overs but the devs said the game isn't design around it.

August will be the tell tell month as 6 month subs will be up and we will see if they resub or leave.

Thana Vesh is barren.

e.g. Last Night...

3 of us rolled on Fatman..

3 grouped, level 4 Consulars waiting to activate the training droid switch outside the Jedi Temple.

We are all meditating

Up comes another player, then another, then another.. all of a sudden there is this ridiculously huge meditation circle with ppl spamming meditate/introspection.. must've lasted a minute or two.. hilarity ensued.. Just the randomness of what happened for those fateful two minutes~ really put the M (multiplayer) into this MMO.

Was a nice change from Thana Vesh.

Thana Vesh is barren

I started a new toon on fatman after thana vesh started thinning out. We have somewhat of a Thana Vesh refugee guild. Look me up sometime (if you're not already in our guild) :)

By the way, I'm not happy I have now have 3 legacies spread across 3 servers. Fix your game Bioware. Thanks.

In the server, it's actually not that hard to group for any mission and players even ask to do any kinds of Operations on the Fleet. Socialization is pretty easy and can be quite fun—especially if you have a nice, tight-knit guild to socialize with.

You make a key point here. You don't need to be on a server with a Fatman population in order to experience these things. A high population simply means you see more characters on the screen (in addition to the other things you mention). For me, the Standard server I play on offers more than enough of this without having the Fatman population. Heck, the PTS, which the the lightest server out there also offers it. You can experience good gameplay if your server has a good and helpful community attitude, regardless of the population.

BJ

the fatman is the best damn server in game whit the best community i'm leveling all over again cuz of it

A PvP server with the best community? I doubt it. The adolescent chat and epeenery must reach epic levels on that server. Exactly why I would never roll there.