Is The Fatman Saving SWTOR?

I would say that Fatman killed my server, most ,for not say all of the active players from my previous guild moved to the Fatman, now my server is a ghost town. Sadly i'm allergic to grinding so I stay in the ghost town.

Annnnd this is why not all server transfers will be free. There's no reason why Fatman should have queues when the rest of the servers don't. Have to stem the tide to heavies, or it will just happen again.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not fact, the Fatman's overpopulated. The activity rate has settled for now, but it'll surge again and result in queues every time there's a substantial addition to the game.

This. buddy said that server had a 10mil wait time off peak to log in.

I'm all for server merges and think it is the right move for the games longevity.

While 10mins is sufferable, much more than that and I would not resub.

Most item unlocks in Legacy are by Legacy level OR credits. Not both. The only exceptions are ship mailbox, Repair Droid, etc.

Thank you for answering my question! So you either need creds or the level. I'll be sure to tell my friend when I appear on the podcast.

Overpopulation is preferable to the graveyard of perpetually 'light' population servers (basically all European servers)

Actually my server, Tomb Of Freedon Nadd, is the 2nd most busy server out of them all... And it's European. There's a total of 7 European servers (3 English, 1 German and 3 French) among the top 20 as regard as crowding, 3 Australian (of which 2 are at #3 and #4 position) and 9 American.

Edited by Lurtzello

I would say that Fatman killed my server, most ,for not say all of the active players from my previous guild moved to the Fatman, now my server is a ghost town. Sadly i'm allergic to grinding so I stay in the ghost town.

mine too,fatman killed my server....damn the fatman

Fatman's not the only server like that, but they do really need to merge servers and make more just like it

Your right; I'm sick and tired of scrolling through the server list only to find a long list of empty servers and an occasional red. If this game is to survive, they will need to have big community's not small scattered lvl 50's spread on light servers. Merging servers is a great idea.

Most item unlocks in Legacy are by Legacy level OR credits. Not both. The only exceptions are ship mailbox, Repair Droid, etc.

I honestly think that the only thing that was a good idea in the legacy system was the buffs that passed throughout the characters. I lost interest in lvling my legacy because I know I'm just going to have to do a massive grind for credits to get something that gets a benefit. Why don't they do a legacy talent point system. Were you can save up points every legacy level to get something or just buy it with credits?

Server merges are the way to go

Allowing ppl to chose where they go will only make some Light servers even worse than they are now.

I'm a member of one of the lightest servers according to TORstatus.com. (Zez-Kai Ell)

At Peak times, there's maybe a total of 200ppl on the entire server (Repubs & Imps combined), but usually only between 50-150 on at most times.

When I bought the game, I chose a Light server because I thought it would perform better. Wish I knew what I was getting into before choosing. I'd kill for a Standard rating :(

Server merges are the way to go

Allowing ppl to chose where they go will only make some Light servers even worse than they are now.

I'm a member of one of the lightest servers according to TORstatus.com. (Zez-Kai Ell)

At Peak times, there's maybe a total of 200ppl on the entire server (Repubs & Imps combined), but usually only between 50-150 on at most times.

When I bought the game, I chose a Light server because I thought it would perform better. Wish I knew what I was getting into before choosing. I'd kill for a Standard rating :(

Actually, the choices of free will most likely be OFF of lights to standards, then closing down the lights. Which isn't a merge, but actually works better than a merge. It's what Rift did last year with high success.

Is it just me, or is The Fatman server the only server saving this game from dying?

In the server, it's actually not that hard to group for any mission and players even ask to do any kinds of Operations on the Fleet. Socialization is pretty easy and can be quite fun—especially if you have a nice, tight-knit guild to socialize with. You find the Fleet, Capital and Starting Planets as the most populated within the server, with the other planets having a decent-to-high population.

Being in a highly populated server doesn't mean it comes without its cons, because the general chat is usually full of trolls and spam of guild recruitment posts (ones that are posted every 20 secs or so), and there will be players who really just make the experience of the game not-so-enjoyable.

Despite all the bugs, the lack of content you reach during endgame and its other cons (mentioned above), is The Fatman keeping most of the game alive? It's population, activity and communities within the server might be what's keeping players to stay (and making more players re-roll each day).

Apparently SWTOR has had a decline of nearly 25% of players, but that—and the end of the Rakghoul Plague Event—just seemed to affect The Fatman server population just minimally.

I've created this thread for a mature discussion intended for a Podcast that I'll be appearing on Monday the 14th.

So could The Fatman's factors in not just population, but the experience of the game and activity of the communities, be saving SWTOR? /Discuss!

Edit #1: You are free to extend this discussion off The Fatman, but please don't go overboard.

My Server is healthy and strong, Ajunta Pall rocks! I love PvPing on this server.....

Actually, the choices of free will most likely be OFF of lights to standards, then closing down the lights. Which isn't a merge, but actually works better than a merge. It's what Rift did last year with high success.

If by doing this, they force EVERYONE off of the server, then I'm cool with it. If it means all of the most active ppl leave my server and it becomes even worse than it already is, then I'm not.

That's my fear with letting ppl choose where they go.

No it's not fact, the Fatman's overpopulated. The activity rate has settled for now, but it'll surge again and result in queues every time there's a substantial addition to the game.

u can reroll to other ghost town server.

and players even ask to do any kinds of Operations on the Fleet.

That's amazing. I have never participated in one single Operation and only two flashpoints since launch because it is impossible to find a group and no one shouts now but for super low level flashpoints. :(

I still hope lots of the people currently playing on the fatman only do so because they are actually waiting for server transfers and figured rolling an alt is better than either not playing at all or being frustrated...

aka they will stop playing on the fatman as soon as they can transfer their chars to a server where they have people to play with.

I play on the fatman and I love it. I play a sith sorcerer toon name is gheysith and the community is great. There is some trolling in general chat but nothing like what went on in World of Restarts on the proudmoore server.

Anyone that wants to play on a crowded server should try it. I'll help you if I'm online and can.

Hugs!

They blew it. Theres big names coming in 2013 like Elder Scroll Online.

Um, Elder Scrolls Online is going to bomb really *really* hard.

But in general, you are correct. There is quite a bit of competition coming up. Diablo 3 is going to murder subs, I think.

They blew it. Theres big names coming in 2013 like Elder Scroll Online.

Jesus Christ, man. Every single post. Every single thread. At least the EA astroturfers vary.

Edited by Thondan