Bioware why can we heal friendly mobs?

Adderdin

When I as an empire player went to Illum (back in January and Febuary when players still did the daily quests there) I could heal Imperial troops.

I could stop any Republic player from completing most of the daily quests by simply healing the mobs he attacked.

It did not flag me for PvP, he couldnt do anything to stop me sometimes if I got lucky the republic player died. It has been like that since launch.

I can still do that, but there are no Reps doing dailies.

It is clearly not a bug, since it would be fixed, so it must be a feature. What is behind your reasoning for this?

Edited by Adderdin

When I as an empire player went to Illum (back in January and Febuary when players still did the daily quests there) I could heal Imperial troops.

I could stop any Republic player from completing most of the daily quests by simply healing the mobs he attacked.

It did not flag me for PvP, he couldnt do anything to stop me sometimes if I got lucky the republic player died. It has been like that since launch.

I can still do that, but there are no Reps doing dailies.

It is clearly not a bug, since it would be fixed, so it must be a feature. What is behind your reasoning for this?

you can heal friendly mobs because sometimes you fight with more than your companion... there are some quests where you have other npcs with you... if you are jerkish enough to heal npcs that the pubs need to kill in order to complete quests I guess that makes you a jerk, but since they can not make those npcs and the other npcs different, the ability can not be removed.

its not a bug, it is also likely not how they intended it to be.... but if they changed that the entire system of healing npcs would be trashed as well.

i suppose this one would be chocked up to.. dont be a jerk and do that to the pub players?

you can heal friendly mobs because sometimes you fight with more than your companion... there are some quests where you have other npcs with you... if you are jerkish enough to heal npcs that the pubs need to kill in order to complete quests I guess that makes you a jerk, but since they can not make those npcs and the other npcs different, the ability can not be removed.

its not a bug, it is also likely not how they intended it to be.... but if they changed that the entire system of healing npcs would be trashed as well.

i suppose this one would be chocked up to.. dont be a jerk and do that to the pub players?

WoW you didnt read my entire post... If it flagged for PvP opposite site players could do something about it.

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude comment

WoW you didnt read my entire post... If it flagged for PvP opposite site players could do something about it.

but seriously, just because you can run around healing npcs that the opposite faction need to kill it doesnt mean you should.... it is called being considerate..

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude reply

but seriously, just because you can run around healing npcs that the opposite faction need to kill it doesnt mean you should.... it is called being considerate..

But you are being considerate by helping out the poor, nearly defenseless NPC!

I agree with the OP, healing an NPC that is in combat with another player should flag you for pvp.

I agree with the OP, healing an NPC that is in combat with another player should flag you for pvp.

I would agree with that.

I would also like a setting in the preferences that disables my ability to affect PvP flagged players (on a PvE server only of course). I usually don't pay that much attention to the color of the nameplate when I drive-by buff someone so I have gotten flagged occasionally.

It needs to stay this way... but the player doing said healing, needs to instantly be flagged for PvP.

You want to join the fight? Then join it the right way... >:)

Edited by Muldaak

But you are being considerate by helping out the poor, nearly defenseless NPC!

the problem with making it pull people into pvp is that you can grief someoen by healing an npc and pulling them into a pvp situation they dont want to be in..but then again ilum should be auto pvp when you step foot on it imo

its a war, a cold one admittedly, but war none the less.

you healing npcs of your "faction" - why not....you are helping your *allies* so yeah keep it in game.

but also, like any conflict, if you involve yourself then you should become involved....ie pvp flagged

its a war, a cold one admittedly, but war none the less.

you healing npcs of your "faction" - why not....you are helping your *allies* so yeah keep it in game.

but also, like any conflict, if you involve yourself then you should become involved....ie pvp flagged

Dont get me wrong.. I agree completely. the only issue I have is that if you heal an npc of your faction and it makes you and the opposite player pvpable, it could potentially drag that player into pvp and not everyone even in a war based game, likes to pvp

and if it doesnt drag both players into pvp it is kinda pointless to drag anyone into pvp.

that being said however, I agree, on many planets ilum for instance there should be no chance of not being pvpable.

its a planet you arent forced to ever go to, it is a pvp planet, world pvp should reign there.

Maybe the person should be auto PvP flagged the moment they go into Ilum. I've ran into none of the problems I see posted here about "jerkish" behavior being on a PvP server. People seem friendly, considerate, helpful, and respectful and I haven't ran into a jerk. Maybe because jerks are more at home where people can't do anything about their behavior.

Auto-flagging for PVP is definitely not the answer. There is already far too much of that in the game. PVP flagging should only happen if I manually set my flag or enter a PVP area or warzone.

This kind of behavior is not restricted to Ilum either, it could happen on any shared planet where a player must engage opposite faction NPCs, so turning all Ilum into a PVP zone is totally not the appropriate response. Not to mention that there are important PVE quests there, including dailies and flashpoints.

The solution I would like for this, at least on a PVE server, is to allow optional combat locking, so that when a group or single player is engaged in combat there can be no outside interference, from ally or enemy player.

Auto-flagging for PVP is definitely not the answer. There is already far too much of that in the game. PVP flagging should only happen if I manually set my flag or enter a PVP area or warzone.

This kind of behavior is not restricted to Ilum either, it could happen on any shared planet where a player must engage opposite faction NPCs, so turning all Ilum into a PVP zone is totally not the appropriate response. Not to mention that there are important PVE quests there, including dailies and flashpoints.

The solution I would like for this, at least on a PVE server, is to allow optional combat locking, so that when a group or single player is engaged in combat there can be no outside interference, from ally or enemy player.

if i understand ilums layout correctly all of the pve quests are in seperate areas for the imperials and the republic are they not? making really open world pvp on ilum be essentially what we have now.. areas where both factions can meet up to pvp but have no choice to be pvp while in that section of ilum

if i understand ilums layout correctly all of the pve quests are in seperate areas for the imperials and the republic are they not? making really open world pvp on ilum be essentially what we have now.. areas where both factions can meet up to pvp but have no choice to be pvp while in that section of ilum

You are correct - west Ilum is open PVP, anyone there is flagged anyway by choice so it someone starts healing a mob you are fighting then shoot the player :) The same would be true anywhere on a PVP server.

The problem is with players healing mobs in PVE areas like east Ilum, essentially griefing a player fighting those mobs as there is nothing that they can do about it. Auto-flagging one or both parties would not help as it would only open more opportunities for griefing by forcing someone to flag PVP.

I see this as an exploit to be honest. If you are healing an enemy players target, it should flag you for PvP. Bioware needs to fix this asap. Either make them unhealable or make it flag you. If it's an open PvP area, then I'm all for being able to heal your allies as long as players have a means to counter you.

I disagree. Auto-flagging SHOULD be in the game. It should just be used wisely by Bioware. Healing another players enemy SHOULD auto-flag you. Heck, I would go so far as to make some emotes auto-flag you. If you say... /spit (not sure if that is even in the game) on another player, it should flag you for PvP.

I disagree. Auto-flagging SHOULD be in the game. It should just be used wisely by Bioware. Healing another players enemy SHOULD auto-flag you. Heck, I would go so far as to make some emotes auto-flag you. If you say... /spit (not sure if that is even in the game) on another player, it should flag you for PvP.

I heard it flags you if you damage a mob an enemy player has tagged. Should flag for healing one too.

You can shield an NPC who is going to attack you after a conversation in a story area.

But you can't buff a friendly NPC in your faction capital or fleet.

It's all about INCONSISTENCY.

It's all over the game.