The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My experience on the Fatman server

Barrgil

I recently rolled a Sith Marauder on the Fatman.

I was instantly shocked. When I first started on Korriban, there were 90+ people on there. It was amazing, I have never seen so many people on there at one time. Then, I went to the Imperial Fleet and I was literally shocked. There were 240+ people on the fleet, not only that but this was the 2nd instance. SECOND! There was another instance of the fleet that was probably full... I started questing on Balmorra and finished EVERY single Heroic there was, it was so easy to find people it wasn't even funny. I had never done more than 2 heroics on any planet before and this was the first time I ever did.

On to Nar Shadda, 90+ people on Nar Shadda ALONE. I finished everything here as well, and am currently overleveled at 27 and JUST finished Nar Shadda. This is incredible, everyone's literally very helpful, you can find a PvP queue in practically seconds and there's always a group for heroics. Only drawback is your mission quest items/NPCs get killed very fast and you have to wait for them to respawn XD

In other words, come to the Fatman. This is basically the last sanctuary for the remaining players and I'm going to stay here for a very long time. I've already decided to make the Sith Marauder my main on this server. Hopefully server transfers come soon so I can transfer the rest of my toons also.

I'll probably be transferring there as well. But i don't want to reroll with transfers supposedly so close.

Don't wanna lose my legacy 39. No way.

Good to know the community is nice, though. Thanks for the info.

I'll probably be transferring there as well. But i don't want to reroll with transfers supposedly so close.

Don't wanna lose my legacy 39. No way.

Good to know the community is nice, though. Thanks for the info.

As long as you transfer your toons to the same server your legacies get combined and you don't lose anything. That seems to be how they did it for the Oceana players anyway.

To be fair, I've only had to be in queue for the server 1 time. It only took a minute though so it wasn't bad. I'm also curious about the legacy system being affected by transfers...

This is why I'm only transfering my PvE Assassin over to either Fatman or Crucible Pits whenever transfers come in. I don't want to lose the level 32 Legacy level I have on Crucible Pits.

To be fair, I've only had to be in queue for the server 1 time. It only took a minute though so it wasn't bad. I'm also curious about the legacy system being affected by transfers...

This is why I'm only transfering my PvE Assassin over to either Fatman or Crucible Pits whenever transfers come in. I don't want to lose the level 32 Legacy level I have on Crucible Pits.

Highest legacy of the character you transfer is moved with that character i believe. If i'm remembering correctly on what they did for the Aus-Asn servers.

But, people should be doing to the other heavy servers, they need people too. Fatman has enough.. I mean... it is called FATMAN...

Edited by Kelenae

Because it's already heavily populated.

You don't really understand how this is going to work, do you?

We can't estimate how the population is going to be when the actual paid transfers come along, and if BW makes money and they have some slots available, why wouldn't they?

Only drawback is your mission quest items/NPCs get killed very fast and you have to wait for them to respawn XD

Which is why you roll Republic. We have all the same perks to offer plus you won't have to wait for creature spawns. When it comes to other players, there's always enough but not too many.

I recently rolled a Sith Marauder on the Fatman.

I was instantly shocked. When I first started on Korriban, there were 90+ people on there. It was amazing, I have never seen so many people on there at one time. Then, I went to the Imperial Fleet and I was literally shocked. There were 240+ people on the fleet, not only that but this was the 2nd instance. SECOND! There was another instance of the fleet that was probably full... I started questing on Balmorra and finished EVERY single Heroic there was, it was so easy to find people it wasn't even funny. I had never done more than 2 heroics on any planet before and this was the first time I ever did.

On to Nar Shadda, 90+ people on Nar Shadda ALONE. I finished everything here as well, and am currently overleveled at 27 and JUST finished Nar Shadda. This is incredible, everyone's literally very helpful, you can find a PvP queue in practically seconds and there's always a group for heroics. Only drawback is your mission quest items/NPCs get killed very fast and you have to wait for them to respawn XD

In other words, come to the Fatman. This is basically the last sanctuary for the remaining players and I'm going to stay here for a very long time. I've already decided to make the Sith Marauder my main on this server. Hopefully server transfers come soon so I can transfer the rest of my toons also.

Good story, except that last little line there...

You see, When the server transfers come, the first phase will be forced merges. This is the only logical choice, and it will be a group of servers merging onto one.

After that is done, shortly after, they will allow Payed Transferes to servers of your choice. That is the one that will probably cost 5-10$ per character you wish to transfer over... PER CHARACTER.

Making the game focus on legacy was a pretty good gimmick for this as well, since I have 5 characters, and will probably have 6 or 7 by the time the paid transfers come up. If I am wanting to transfer them, I will probably lose my legacy levels, due to it being a optional paid transfer, and not a merge.

The logic behind this? 15+ years of MMO experience, as well as EA trackrecord and biowares inability to get anything done without kicking subscribers while we are down. This will cause fury, rage etc, but bioware won't respond to that, and just monitor the forums and delete each one they see.