"Standard" Lines That Make You Crazy

iamthehoyden

Bounty Hunter - "I need money up front." My poor BH never gets her money up front. :(

Argh, this. :mad: I don't mind her saying so much as that it never ever works!

Her "Don't leave me hangin'...!" makes me laugh, just because of her tone. It's sort of... expectant with a hint of impatience?

BH - "Remember my name. Spread it around." Yeah, yeah, make me famous, etc. I just get tired of that. Same. Line.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favs:

"You are one messed up individual" - Smuggler

"Why are you whining to me about it?" - Smuggler

"This is a trifling matter, but I will do it" - Sith Warrior (how I feel about half the side quests :D)

"I'll handle it" - Agent

The ones I hate most:

"A Jedi lives to serve" - Jedi Knight

"It will be a bloodbath" - Sith Warrior

My Jedi Consular... well the dialogue is so bland I can't tell what is being repeated and what isn't ;).

My Sith Inquisitor... "It's my good deed for the decade". But it makes me crazy in a good way.

- Arcada

Her "Don't leave me hangin'...!" makes me laugh, just because of her tone. It's sort of... expectant with a hint of impatience?

Argh. I loooove the male BH voice actor, but he says this line like nails on a chalkboard. Thankfully it's over quickly.

Don't really have ones I hate, so I'll list my favorites.

'Why can't things be easy JUST once?'--Smuggler

"An enemy defeated, somewhat to our surprise."---Vector (I swear, it's like he wasn't expecting to live through it)

SI--On Alderaan I always chose the options to speak fondly of the bugs. One option was something like 'Ooh! Bugs!'

"You win some. You lose some. You just lost some."---Gault (Thanks, man, for returning with nothing and being a dick about it lol)

David Hayter sounds awesome as the Male Jedi Knight, but the way he sounds in space missions just makes me want to blow my own cockpit up. Any line is... Dumb. Add to the fact that at the start of EVERY space mission, he complains about my shields.

Leave my shields alone, darnit. They're keeping you alive.

Standard lines I hate:

Jedi Knight: "I'll handle it." - He sounds dejected about the thing. Like he's saying "Goodness, shut up, I'll handle it already."

Doc: "Have you met my Jedi friend?" - Was awesome the first time. Boring the 100th. Grating the 1000th.

Sith Warrior: "Very Well." - Most deadpan and emotionless response ever.

Trooper: "For the Hor-- Err, the Republic!" - I wish that would happen. Just once.

My favorite line in the game isn't a standard, but comes from the smuggler: "Is that a hairstyle or did a womp rat die on your head?"

Also, an actual standard from the Smuggler: "Uhh, did somebody say something about Credits?"

BH - "Remember my name. Spread it around." Yeah, yeah, make me famous, etc. I just get tired of that. Same. Line.

Aww, I don't know, perhaps he/she is just looking for more work. Remember for the character, fast credits are their favorite kind...

:D:D

My recent favourite lines comes my smuggler's newest companion, Guss Tuno, a.k.a. Mr Tuna:

After finishing off an enemy: "That's right, I'm a MEAN Jedi!" (he is not a Jedi).

After he patches you up with Kolto/Medical Probe/whatever: "I healed you with Jedi Power". (he is still not a Jedi).

Sending him on a crew mission: "You're not expecting perfection, are you?"

Edited by Ancaglon

Every class has them - the filler lines for quest responses. Some of them fit in really well. ("What's the op?" is simple, but it's straightforward and cuts to the chase like my girl.) And some of them....well, grinding teeth don't sound this bad.

What are the ones that really drive you up the wall?

Trooper - "I live to serve the Republic." Dedicated to the Republic is fine, but seriously???

BH - "Where do I come in?" It's not the words with this one, but the tone she delivers them in, just sounds incredibly unsure of herself.

Trooper: "I could do that in my sleep. In fact, I think I will."

Trooper - "I live to serve the Republic." Dedicated to the Republic is fine, but seriously???

Still better than JKs "Helping others is both a duty and an honor."

Even the way he says it. And bows. Annoying as hell.

Funny about the causes line, I think I've heard my smuggler say it once ever.

The murder and mayhem one though. ALL THE TIME. Every time. All of the times. And my manquisitor really isn't very ... murder-y.

The one that probably surprises me most when it happens is "A CHILD could do this" for the consulars. It's a weirdly brief, crabby moment in an otherwise aggressively zen character.

I play my Shadow as a calm and collected girl, but then she spouts out "I will destroy anyone who threatens the Republic". Makes me look twice.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE C2-N2! Every time he talks I want to rip out his vocal processor. Sending him on a crew skill, he can't simply reply in the affirmative, he has to tell me it's greatest joy serving and will perform his tasks to perfection.

Crazy? Anything the ship droids say. No! I don't want a foot massage. Stop being so creepy!

PC-and-comp-wise?

Vector: "We.Are.DAWN.Herald." It's just.... the way he says it.

Jaesa: "Hope it's a challengggeeee." Yes. Enough of a challenge for you to bring me a big plump nothing. It's more by association than delivery but...still.

Anything the Jedi Knight says about serving the Republic... dude, the guy just asked you to go fetch a thingywhatsit. Don't be so melodramatic.

And the ones I loooove love love:

Imerial Agent: *When asking why he has to do stuff* "Why not do it yourself?" It's the vaguely harrassed 'God do I have to do EVERYTHING?' tone he takes. (In fact...mostly ANYTHING the male IA says. Bertie Carvel's voice and delivery is Godly.)

Lots of smuggler lines. I love the snarky ones.

"This is a trifling matter, but I will do it." Pretty often lines up with my own thoughts.

This one is over-used and gets me annoyed every time it is said.

" You're about to see a real live hero in action! " - Smuggler

THIS. Argh! Once was enough.

Though I think I still like it more than, "Now you'll get to see a how a jedi does things!"

Really? Just because a jedi is enthusiastic to meet a challenge, it doesn't make him an narcissistic douche bag with a flair for saying really weird things.

I mean really, who says that? Something less wordy and, heck, even more generic would be preferable to that line for the knight. It's like he's being prideful (which is a non jedi trait anyways)... but not even about himself, but about the order... I mean come on, if you're going to brag, brag about yourself, not the jedi!

Trooper: "I could do that in my sleep. In fact, I think I will."

The wording for this is normally funny, But he says it like a narcissistic jerk. It's just annoying.

Edited by tBenk
Spelling Error

One to add to the "I love it" column.

Trooper: "If you stab me in the back, I'll shoot you in the face."

She doesn't get to say it nearly often enough, but it's pretty awesome.

Wow, I can't believe I never noticed this before! Prob cause I'm too busy upping companion affection. :(