The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nerfing Muraders/Sents is not the answer....

Individual

This game is going to be an absolute nightmare when all the re-rollers get geared up. The average long time Mara player is absolutely awful and clueless. Most of the newer ones just are not geared.

So you take the actual good players that re-rolled to take advantage of the imbalance, and add gear on top of that, and very few classes will have any fun in a WZ.

I give it about another 2-3 weeks.

Dude a damage penalty is a Penalty to damage, like if the ability said "you deal 50% less damage for the duration." Losing half health is a cost, but that is a completely different thing from a damage penalty.

So he's doing less damage to MAYBE stand 5 more seconds so what???? He can get beat on so they can push up their damage numbers... It's a defensive ability meant used to help their offense...

Geez look at the class , it's a barbarian...

fury, rage, berserk, med armor, very damaging with weapons.....No cc or stuns....

Edited by Blloodbane

This game is going to be an absolute nightmare when all the re-rollers get geared up. The average long time Mara player is absolutely awful and clueless. Most of the newer ones just are not geared.

So you take the actual good players that re-rolled to take advantage of the imbalance, and add gear on top of that, and very few classes will have any fun in a WZ.

Get real dude. People who re-roll are the bad players. If they were good players they wouldn't of rerolled to the imaginary OP class to begin with.

I never get why anyone even thought the 'don't nerf this, buff XYZ instead' is even a good idea.

Let's say an arbitary class kills anyone in one hit. Instead of nerfing this class you make all classes kill anyone in one hit. Ignore any PvE issues or that this is a ridiculosly way to play the game and assume that everyone PvP actually thought this is a great idea. Then what happens?

The overpowered class will eventaully complain about how they used to be the only one that can one shot people and now that everyone can do it there's no reason to play this class anymore. Meanwhile every other class will still complain getting one shotted by anyone and still calls for nerfs for anybody who can one shot them (which is everyone else).

PvP is relative. If everyone else but you got stronger, it's exactly the same thing as nerfing you and leaving everyone else alone. The decision to buff/nerf is chosen more as a convenience. For example Deception Assassins are one of the weaker classes in the game. If you nerf everyone stronger than they are to their level you pretty much have to nerf every class in the game and that's a lot of work, so it'd be easier to buff Deception instead of nerf everyone else. Likewise for the top overpowered classes, it's a lot less work to nerf them instead of increase the power of every other class in the game to compensate.

Edited by Astarica

So he's doing less damage to MAYBE stand 5 more seconds so what???? He can get beat on so they can push up their damage numbers... It's a defensive ability meant used to help their offense...

Geez look at the class , it's a barbarian...

fury, rage, berserk, med armor, very damaging with weapons.....No cc or stuns....

I was only correcting the usage of the term "damage penalty." I wasn't arguing for or against such a nerf.

Actually, once they gear up, all those FOTM rerollers will realize they were imagining how OP the class was, and they will all reroll again, (likely to either tanksin or sniper, based on their experience as a Sent/Mara) completely independent of the actual buff/nerf cycles of the game.

The only time Marauders and Sentinels get bursty is when they stay alive past 4-6 GCDs, and to do that in melee range requires ways of mitigating the damage you're going to take. Nerf Marauder/Sentinel's defensive cooldowns, and we'll be just as worthless as DPS commandos. Good damage means nothing if you can't deliver it. Commandos can't deliver it because it's all induction locked and they dont get interrupt immunity. Marauder/Sentinels can deliver it, but only because they've got the defensive cooldowns to stay up long enough to build up Focus (and Juyo stacks if Annihilation/Watchman).

So please, keep crying nerf when you don't have any concept of what such nerfs would actually do to the class.

Edited by Apocalypse-

Haven't you been reading, apparently only Marauders are having fun in PVP already. We just roll around killing whole teams in 4 seconds with our amazing DPS, we use our unlimited supply of defensive CDs (that don't actually have CD time) and gap closers to make sure that every other ability every other class has just doesn't count, and if that is not enough we just go into Godmode where we kill the whole opposing team a second time, because Godmode last 5 seconds, and as you read above it only takes us 4 seconds to kill 8 people, and of course we emerge from Godmode with full health ready to start all over again because our healers never die either if they stand within 4m of our awesomeness and win, and even though there are 7 Marauders on every team, in every WZ (plus our personal healers to make Godmode work) killing whole teams every 4 seconds, we never actually kill each other or each other's personal healers, because of the "Marauder Code", we just end the WZ with 500k damage each, 100 kills, no deaths, and our healers do the same.

It's pretty awesome.

'Gearing up' itself doesn't make the problem better or worse. A bad Tankasin is still going to be a bad Tankasin after he gears up, and in particular he will always lose very badly to the good players who play the same class. If all the FOTM rerollers got max gear, they'd still get crushed by Marauders who were actually good to begin with wearing the same gear.

There's really no signficant change in terms of equal gear matchup. That is, if class X absolutely dominates class Y while both are wearing WH, then this matchup is almost certaily still true even if both classes are wearing Recruit gear. Therefore, let's say Marauders own class X when both are in WH, and it's only the gear disparity keeping class X viable. However, there is really no shortage of existing, good Marauders that have WH level gear. Therefore it'd be obvious to class X that they're already getting owned badly by some people and they'd need to bring up this issue to Bioware.

I was only correcting the usage of the term "damage penalty." I wasn't arguing for or against such a nerf.

my apologies then, hard to tell the meaning of the context of what some people write. Understood though...

Are you sure? Most of the post I read about this issue seem convinced that Sent/Maras should be afraid of there own shadow, and if they do see their own shadow they should be stunned, pulled , pushed and electricuted right out of the WZ. Although if you follow Star Wars lore, Jedi/Sith should strike fear into the hearts of men and aliens alike!