My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

We don't even have 23 people online on the entire imperial side for 3/4 of the day. Don't compare your highly populated server with ours. I am in the most active guild on imperial side, and we barely have more then 10 people online at a time.

You cant just judge things simply by going to fleet. The fleet where I am (darth bandon I think how its spelled) is not very active either.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may possibly work for some flashpoints, but I highly doubt you're able to do the same with respect to any nightmare mode operations. And what about PvP? I've been in queue for a warzone for going on 6 hours now...

How quaint. No one does nightmare modes on a regular basis because they are a waste of time. As for warzones? If you're in Europe, ti's the middle of the day, in the US, it's early morning. Hardly a surprise that people aren't playing. Most of the no-life crowd has moved on.

ON YOUR SERVER, NOT ON OUR SERVER.Come on Tassaa Bareesh at peak time and see for yourself, Mr. Iknoweverythingbetter

I can kind tell by your attitude a change in servers probably wouldnt do any good. Like I said find a good guild (there is one on every server) and you will be able to run the operations etc.

You cant just judge things simply by going to fleet. The fleet where I am (darth bandon I think how its spelled) is not very active either.

Yes, but we can judge things if we see only 30 rep. players online at peak time.

How quaint. No one does nightmare modes on a regular basis because they are a waste of time. As for warzones? If you're in Europe, ti's the middle of the day, in the US, it's early morning. Hardly a surprise that people aren't playing. Most of the no-life crowd has moved on.

So then what you are saying is basically since you are fine with the current state of affairs, then everyone else should be as well... Right?

Okay, let's say they rushed the transfers.

Oops, all your characters get deleted. We can rebuild them. We have the technology. Several weeks later after many other "accidents" suffered by other players during transfer, your characters are restored. Will you still be subscribed then?

As such BioWare wants to take all the time it needs to ensure that the transfers lead to as few problems as possible.

LOL as if waiting to summer would guarantee a bug free paradise .... should i start listing new bugs (new, not launch ones) with every patch? and no one forced them to rush, tomorrow, next week or early summer, there will be bugs.

This needs to happen NOW and FREE to any server of your choice where you have already been playing up to lvl 50.

Yes, but we can judge things if we see only 30 rep. players online at peak time.

You check one time in god knows how many hours or sit in fleet and judge population by that. You have no idea how many people are on the server except for that one instance you looked. Our guild is republic also and again our server rarely if ever goes above light. So sorry but I simply do not believe your numbers.

So then what you are saying is basically since you are fine with the current state of affairs, then everyone else should be as well... Right?

No, what I'm saying is what I wrote. Don't make up things if you can't read.

LOL as if waiting to summer would guarantee a bug free paradise .... should i start listing new bugs (new, not launch ones) with every patch? and no one forced them to rush, tomorrow, next week or early summer, there will be bugs.

This needs to happen NOW and FREE to any server of your choice where you have already been playing up to lvl 50.

Yeah because rushing this now instead of waiting months to TEST IT will still result in the exact same type of bugs.

Yes, please, let's rush this out and let masses of people transfer characters that get utterly deleted and wiped from existence so that people can't play them for a few days.

I'd love to see this get drawn out into a multi-week process where players can't play on their characters for a few days while they get rebuilt from db backups on the back end.

That's exactly what this game needs... a giant mess created by a bunch of players who didn't want to re-roll on a more populated server to entertain themselves and instead DEMANDED that services which weren't ready get rolled out early.

I fully support this! Do it, BioWare!

Transfers have been desperately needed for months now...the lack of transfers is killing the game.

Bioware has been put on notice within a month after release. They should have already had a server merger/transfer plan in place before launch. Every subscription based theme park MMO post-WoW has seen a significant drop in players with in a few months after launch - SWTOR is certainly no exception. Even the free 30 days of game time isn't getting veteran players to log in. The game has issues, but Bioware should make sure that a poor server population is not a reason for players to cancel.

Yes, please, let's rush this out and let masses of people transfer characters that get utterly deleted and wiped from existence so that people can't play them for a few days.

You're just making this up.

How long exactly is it till "early summer?" We talking when summer officially begins? Or are we talking the time when schools get let out?

Either way, doesn't seem that far off to me. not like it's January here.

You're being naive. The tech is there. The only reason they are holding it back is to wait for summer breaks to start so they can see how much of the population comes back to properly decide which servers need the free transfer, otherwise they'll be in the exact same situation as they are now.

i really hope you be wrong and that they are not waiting for see who comes back on summer.

it is a FACT that people play LESS during summers.

year of wow and other mmos clearly support this fact i have live with. summer time is not time for this kind of games

if anything they will see a huge drop on people on, so i hope you be wrong and if this is Bioware thinking, ouch... they are truly new to this business

i really hope you be wrong and that they are not waiting for see who comes back on summer.

it is a FACT that people play LESS during summers.

year of wow and other mmos clearly support this fact i have live with. summer time is not time for this kind of games

if anything they will see a huge drop on people on, so i hope you be wrong and if this is Bioware thinking, ouch... they are truly new to this business

This is a fact how? Every game Ive played (lotro, eq, eq2, ddo and uo) always had more people on during the summer months not less.

Also bottom line is they arent delaying it. If they thought it was ready now they would have it for use now. It is still being developed and tested. So just have to relax and wait.

Interesting that they would suddenly adopt the attitude of actually rolling something out when it is ready. You know, completely unlike how they did with the launch of the game, hard mode flashpoints, operations, the GTN, etc... :p

Interesting that they would suddenly adopt the attitude of actually rolling something out when it is ready. You know, completely unlike how they did with the launch of the game, hard mode flashpoints, operations, the GTN, etc... :p

Game works fine for me. Of course I didnt expect a game just released to have all the options of games been out for years and years.

Game works fine for me. Of course I didnt expect a game just released to have all the options of games been out for years and years.

You're playing bait and switch now. I wasn't talking about options and you know it. I'm talking about bugs. You know, bugs that cause a flashpoint or an operation to be impossible to complete. You know, like how it was for nearly the first 2 months? Hell, some operations didn't get many bugs ironed out until quite recently.

But yeah, I suppose making end-game actually playable isn't something one tests during quality control.

EDIT: Forget it. I just looked at your post history. There isn't practically an issue anywhere where you aren't defending Bioware or seemingly replying to a post simply to contradict the author. So on that note, continue as you have been, I highly doubt you'll ever contradict your historical trends in this regard. Good day.

Edited by ironix

This concept is not new! other mmo's do it all the time- for them to delay and for you to say they need to get it right is hog wash!

They should know how to do it already- or who did they employ as their techs?

You're playing bait and switch now. I wasn't talking about options and you know it. I'm talking about bugs. You know, bugs that cause a flashpoint or an operation to be impossible to complete. You know, like how it was for nearly the first 2 months? Hell, some operations didn't get many bugs ironed out until quite recently.

But yeah, I suppose making end-game actually playable isn't something one tests during quality control.

EDIT: Forget it. I just looked at your post history. There isn't practically an issue anywhere where you aren't defending Bioware or seemingly replying to a post simply to contradict the author. So on that note, continue as you have been, I highly doubt you'll ever contradict your historical trends in this regard. Good day.

What FP can't you complete? Also the bugs you mention are "ironed out" now yet you still complain about it? So ya Im sorry I dont just blindly spew hate like you but I actually like this game and have fun in it. You seem miserable why not quit find something you enjoy instead of trying to ruin this game for everyone who likes it.

For god's sake look at the screenshots in my OP. They show the number of people online on the ENTIRE SERVER, not on fleet. I will take some more tonight at 9PM and you will see we don't have 200 people in total on both empire + republic. Again, talking about all the server (all planets, warzones, fleet put together), not fleet.

I've been playing on this server since January, I am part of one of the most active guilds and I am one of the most active PvPers on the damn server so maybe I know more about it then an outsider like you?

Edited by oldshatterhand

For god's sake look at the screenshots in my OP. They show the number of people online on the ENTIRE SERVER, not on fleet. I will take some more tonight at 9PM and you will see we don't have 200 people on both empire + republic. Again, talking about all the server (planets, warzones, etc), not fleet.

You have no idea who is on the whole server. I sat and looked at it say there were only 5 people on fleet last night when I was staring at 10 around the GTN alone. Try joining a good guild you will be a lot happier. Never understood people who refuse to be social in a MMO then complain they cant find groups.

Edit: Also yet another complaint from a hardcore pvp guild there are no people. Im sensing a trend here.

Edited by Leggomy

You have no idea who is on the whole server. I sat and looked at it say there were only 5 people on fleet last night when I was staring at 10 around the GTN alone. Try joining a good guild you will be a lot happier. Never understood people who refuse to be social in a MMO then complain they cant find groups.

Edit: Also yet another complaint from a hardcore pvp guild there are no people. Im sensing a trend here.

Try using /who (like you can see in the screenshots from my OP) and you will see all the people on the server (200 results max for search, so if your server is alive you won't actually see everybody).

Edited by oldshatterhand