The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

I have a really bad feeling that my server wont be on that free transfer list. I think Ven Zallow is now number 48 out of 123 North American servers. I suspect that I will be stuck paying to get off it.

Where did you get that from? Is there a website I can check or something?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a really bad feeling that my server wont be on that free transfer list. I think Ven Zallow is now number 48 out of 123 North American servers. I suspect that I will be stuck paying to get off it.

Seriously? 123 servers for NA alone? Holy ****. Not odd the servers are dead, there are too many of them spreading too few players too far out. I knew that was the issue, but I never figured there would be that many.

Seriously? 123 servers for NA alone? Holy ****. Not odd the servers are dead, there are too many of them spreading too few players too far out. I knew that was the issue, but I never figured there would be that many.

I can imagine the BioWare Server discussion:

Developer: "So I think a good solid 25 servers is enough."

Stock Holder: "We're anticipating a large amount of people to throw money at this game, add 100 to that number!"

Developer: "I getcha, rather have too many than too few. Yes sir, Mr. Stockholder."

Programmer: "FML"

I can imagine the BioWare Server discussion:

Developer: "So I think a good solid 25 servers is enough."

Stock Holder: "We're anticipating a large amount of people to throw money at this game, add 100 to that number!"

Developer: "I getcha, rather have too many than too few. Yes sir, Mr. Stockholder."

Programmer: "FML"

That poor programmer :(

The OP is 100% correct, transfers need to be done NOW, not in a month, not in a week but starting early next week!

Im not one to complain very often but this is ridiculous...i came to have a look to see if anything is being done about server xfers before i ended my subscription but it looks like "early summer".

It insane, your saying that to be able to do consistent warzones or flashpoints that i need to wait a minimum of a month to do so? How many people do you think will wait that long, logging on to see if they can get in a warzone only to sit there for 30 minutes begging people in general to queue up?

It is literally killing this game, why should i sit around twiddling my thumbs for a month or more waiting for this to happen. You want me to reroll on a higher pop server? No thanks i enjoy my class and have no want or need to re level the same class on a different server...

For those of you who say this game isn't dying are all in denial, if you've played since beta as i have you can see how the population has steadily declined since the beginning. The Maw had 150+ in the IF at any given time and over the past week the most ive seen in the past two weeks at peak times were 41. Thats not an average thats THE MOST IVE SEEN AT PEAK TIMES!!!

Im hanging on as long as i can but im afraid Bioware is gonna be a day late and a dollar short to hold on to most peoples subs.

If you look anywhere on these boards this issue is by far the largest issue, its not a couple people randomly complaining about it, there are tons and tons of posts about it.

This issue needs to seriously be moved up to Bio wares #1 priority before the games so dead it cant come back and everyone who enjoys this game suffers.

It's May. Early Summer is a month away.

The complaining on this forum has reached new heights.

trying paying 15$ a month for a single player game but then again im sure you are happy playing on fatman.

Edited by evildestroyer

We should turn this thread into an official, "forget about our mains and switch to the harbinger" thread. imagine how much more fun we would have if we just started a movement and we all switched to one specific server. maybe bioware would get the message then that we want to play an mmo.

I agree with this. We need to have server transfers to conglomerate the individuals who are serious about playing SWTOR. It is basically a failing game. I love it though and want to play it. Break it all down and put everyone on 4 servers if you have to, but if you wait until summer to do this there wont be a base left. An MMO doesn't work single player for long. The Crucible Pits where I play has an average of 50 players on during peak times. This needs to be addressed ASAP.

It's May. Early Summer is a month away.

The complaining on this forum has reached new heights.

Maybe they mean Aussie summer... about Nov/Dec time so we can have xmas on the beach? Another shrimp anyone? :o

SWTOR is officially dead... I still enjoy the game but looking at the Server Selection screen is very disappointing.

Only 4 Servers are STANDARD while the rest of them are light (and I'm sure most of them should be considered ULTRA Light).

You're being naive. The tech is there. The only reason they are holding it back is to wait for summer breaks to start so they can see how much of the population comes back to properly decide which servers need the free transfer, otherwise they'll be in the exact same situation as they are now.

the transfers to the australian servers were done manually....if they had the tech to automate it, think they really would have? (and no, opening it up to manual transfers and essentially dedicating staff to that purpose indefinitely is not a very good idea)

We should turn this thread into an official, "forget about our mains and switch to the harbinger" thread. imagine how much more fun we would have if we just started a movement and we all switched to one specific server. maybe bioware would get the message then that we want to play an mmo.

actually, let's do the opposite!

everyone roll a scoundrel (the least loved class according to pretty much every poll including official ones) and then use torhead or dulfy's numbers to pick out the least populated server!

steamrolling a server with scoundrels only? oh yes please!

on a more serious note:

what I would love to know is which servers bioware considers 'low population' and which are 'medium'. because if you asked me, the twin spears would no doubt be low population compared to server pops from other games, but considering this game has servers where there are maybe 30 people on the whole server (both factions) during peak time, I don't know...

Edited by amnie

actually, let's do the opposite!

everyone roll a scoundrel (the least loved class according to pretty much every poll including official ones) and then use torhead or dulfy's numbers to pick out the least populated server!

steamrolling a server with scoundrels only? oh yes please!

on a more serious note:

what I would love to know is which servers bioware considers 'low population' and which are 'medium'. because if you asked me, the twin spears would no doubt be low population compared to server pops from other games, but considering this game has servers where there are maybe 30 people on the whole server (both factions) during peak time, I don't know...

I am actually for this idea. if we get 30 other people on the same boat, we can all start a guild call "stick it to bioware" . who's in?

My server is dead or at least dying.

After 1.2 there must have been at least 30-40 people in the fleet at a time, for most of the day, 10-20 on the planets.

Now, I'm lucky to find even 10 people at a time on the fleet. And I only see a max of 5 people on each planet at a time. A few times I have been the only one on the planet.

I really don't want to start another character on a new server, I just finished my Consular story. But having the feeling that I'm the only one playing on the server actually makes me feel lonely.

I do have a three month subscription, so I guess I'll try and find a more populated server and hope it won't die out too.

Just let this game die, it deserves it. And it tells future developers that you cant ensure a good mmo just couse you have alot of money, you need to know what you are doing. Take away the little parts that are actuall mmo parts of this game and let it be a mediocre singleplayer game without monthly fees.

But anyway, hopefully this epic fail of a game rings som bells at other mmo-developers headquarters.

i dont think you people are thinking this through.

SERVER TRANSFERS WILL NOT FIX ANYTHING

people will just xfer over to what they PERCEIVE as a high pop server causing queues and chaos.

what we really need is forced server MERGERS. thats the only way to ensure healthy populations on all servers not just fatman and the other 4.

also, bioware is the only ones with official population data and thus must be the ones to take responsibility for healthy server pops AKA, SERVER MERGERS.

why can't they at least talk to us?. they see everyone saying "i'm canceling my sub after this cycle". does that not ring any alarms? if they just took all of the servers that have 30 people logged in at peak hours and merged them with the standard ones, we would be all good... then the game can grow from there. people who buy the game will see it and be like "wow, this is poppin'!" it makes me sad because i think the game is excellent. it annoys me when people say it sucks content-wise.

I am actually for this idea. if we get 30 other people on the same boat, we can all start a guild call "stick it to bioware" . who's in?

thanks for the support :D

I actually came up with the idea a while back in protest to them taking out the giggle with 1.2 (if you asked me that is the number one reason for people dropping the game!)

Just let this game die, it deserves it. And it tells future developers that you cant ensure a good mmo just couse you have alot of money, you need to know what you are doing. Take away the little parts that are actuall mmo parts of this game and let it be a mediocre singleplayer game without monthly fees.

But anyway, hopefully this epic fail of a game rings som bells at other mmo-developers headquarters.

really? REALLY? you want me to give up on the last remaining IP I actually care about after lotr and final fantasy?

not.

gonna.

happen.

this is not 'just some MMO' for me.

There's at least 3 good games comming out this year the server transfers planned for summer will be to late, most of us will move on.

I spend more time in forums than I do the game because there's more ppl here.

Personally, I was going to get GW2 and continue playing SWTOR also, but that isn't going to happen, I'll unsub soon as I get GW2. I am bearly playing SWTOR now any way because there isn't any one on.

1.2 was a massive pve balance patch, that essentially crippled a few classes in pvp (the most played class in the game got flat out neutered in every pvp environment....people weren't being melodramatic when they said they'd quit over it), pushed a cpl into some god mode, meanwhile they talk about the extraordinarily high rate of pvp going on.... Edited by Adzzy

I don't think you should just close them down with no thought to the people who put time and effort into the characters or what they did there. Free transfers are better but to just get rid of peoples time and effort your asking for trouble there

Just because you close them down doesn't mean that they cannot backup the characters first. Eventually even with the free transfers some servers will have to be shut down because they will be a ghost town.

Just shut down the low pop servers. Force, yes force, people to go to a new server of their choice and go from there. When they select a character they have the option to choose what server they want to send that toon to.

why can't they at least talk to us?. they see everyone saying "i'm canceling my sub after this cycle". does that not ring any alarms? if they just took all of the servers that have 30 people logged in at peak hours and merged them with the standard ones, we would be all good... then the game can grow from there. people who buy the game will see it and be like "wow, this is poppin'!" it makes me sad because i think the game is excellent. it annoys me when people say it sucks content-wise.

well said, BIOWARE/EA/LUCAS PEOPLE SHOULD READ THIS