My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

Look at the chart of activity. A server like mine, The Jekk'Jekk Tarr, is only "standard" for 3 hours a day. For 21-hours it is light. Many servers never even hit standard population, ever. Now look at a healthy server such as Fatman or Swiftsure and you'll see a huge difference.

A lot of the servers that people started out on (mine is an example) as EGA servers looked, in January, like the Fatman does now. My server is one of the ones that is light for 20 hours and standard for 4, you really can't get anything accomplished outside of solo play during hours outside of those 4.

I started on Hyperspace Cannon, and for about the first two months, there were about 100 people on the starter planets like Coruscant and Dromund Kaas at peak times, now theres closer to 30-40, and a huge drop off after that, down to 10 per planet usually less. The most I saw on the imperial fleet at peak pop was around 240, now the peak tends to be around 90-110.

There were *a lot* of servers that looked like Fatman does now a few months ago, several of which regularly reached Full and had queue times, now there are only like 5, none of which ever seem to hit Full anymore. I can only imagine that says something about the population, and I'm not going to be easily convinced that it can all be summed up as re-rolls and patch-time-players.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean that you hope that Bioware opens transfers from dead servers to the massively populated ones like Swiftsure, you really should not hold your breath.

Yeah i didnt think of that until i already leveld and alt on swiftsure. but last time i checked it wasnt "massively" populated anymore, the planet pop and fleet pop had dropped severely as i was leveling up. but it was still way better than my old server.

Look at the chart of activity. A server like mine, The Jekk'Jekk Tarr, is only "standard" for 3 hours a day. For 21-hours it is light. Many servers never even hit standard population, ever. Now look at a healthy server such as Fatman or Swiftsure and you'll see a huge difference.

I am not sure which part of my comments you are objecting to. Fatman is a fairly unique server. Swiftsure, however, has an average score of 1.83. My point is that even the busy servers (with the exception of Fatman, which has a score of 2.48), have relatively low average scores because all servers are quiet off-peak (almost by definition).

A lot of people don't understand what the torstatus data represents. It provides useful data, but one has to understand its limitations. The worst are the people who look at the "overall change" statistic and interpret it as a percentage change in population... :rak_02:

I am not sure which part of my comments you are objecting to. Fatman is a fairly unique server. Swiftsure, however, has an average score of 1.83. My point is that even the busy servers (with the exception of Fatman, which has a score of 2.48), have relatively low average scores because all servers are quiet off-peak (almost by definition).

A lot of people don't understand what the torstatus data represents. It provides useful data, but one has to understand its limitations. The worst are the people who look at the "overall change" statistic and interpret it as a percentage change in population... :rak_02:

I don't bother with the overall change myself. I look at the charts that show the hours of the day a server is consiered light/standard/heavy etc... I'm not exactly objecting to your statements, I was moreover adding to them, as one could interpret what you're saying almost as though things are fine.

And there are an increasing numbers of servers that are quiet 24/7. The biggest recent population declines have been on the most populated servers, despite claims that many have rerolled there.

What is incredibly depressing and disheartening is that BioWare won't comment or even take not of this thread until they truncate it due to reaching 1000 post.

Hmm don't believe it...What we are stating here is something that bioware as realize for them selves. They can see how many people are on.

same problem on my server, sad thing is i just started playing again after a break today and theres seriously NOONE online, they all quit because they had several max lvl chars and have full epic gear and so on... :(

Yeah. We've all seen it. Early Summer. Hint: It means ---- early in the Summer.

i.e. July. Which means it'll be a full 3 months after the APAC transfers. 2 months from now and the servers will be a lot worse off.

I have starting playing more again after the arrival of my daughter only to find that everyone has gone. I am at lvl 48 on my smug and I am wondering if it's even worth carrying on, as it is a very lonely experience - not seen a thing in general chat all week let alone play the odd bit of pvp. Merge servers now or perhaps they are planning on leaving it long enough that they only need one!!!! :eek:

i.e. July. Which means it'll be a full 3 months after the APAC transfers. 2 months from now and the servers will be a lot worse off.

Funny things really. Most likely the main reason that the game is bleeding out subs and they are so slow to react. They must dislike money or something. I mean all the servers weren't healthy 3 weeks from launch and 4 months later were still waiting for action to be taken :rolleyes:

Edited by Helistin

This game needs server transfers as soon as possible. I would also suggest looking at what RIFT did. I understand the transfer model that will used is something similar to Blizzard's system. I believe the RIFT system is better due to the freedom involved. I do not believe players should be forced to pay to transfer to the server of choice.

Please reconsider the transfer system and the timing of implementation. This is just my opinion, but I could be wrong. Have a good day.

Edited by LukeStormstout

i think they are fighting againt release of diablo3 so they can add free server transfer feature to return people back, oldschool economy marketing trick....

Prolly would have been a bette plan to have them ready in the first place so one doesn't lose subs originally.

But then again i'm not a business genious like the ones working in these big companies :p

Good find. This excerpt was quite telling to say the least:

EA, which in February said it had 1.7 million active subscribers to The Old Republic, on Monday reported that the figure fell to 1.3 million at the end of April. Though the term "active subscribers" doesn't translate exactly to paying subscribers, it is a good gauge for how many people have bought the title and are actively playing the online game.

The equivocation on active subscribers seems par for the course. How much further is that 1.3 million going to fall after the free month ends this month?

I understand the transfer model that will used is something similar to Blizzard's system.

They have not specified the details of their tranfer process yet, so you are basically blowing smoke here.

Mind you "active subs" not paying subs. I find it funny how they gave everyone a fee 30 days prior too their statement for Q4. Such lying techniques. Show us the numbers June 1st lol....fail.

Also, diablo 3 is fun....doubt their going to rip people of D3 once they have left. They'd be smart to release transfers next Monday. But when has BW ever done something smart? Honestly at this point there is no hope for this game, it will be the next WAR.

Mind you "active subs" not paying subs. I find it funny how they gave everyone a fee 30 days prior too their statement for Q4. Such lying techniques. Show us the numbers June 1st lol....fail.

Also, diablo 3 is fun....doubt their going to rip people of D3 once they have left. They'd be smart to release transfers next Monday. But when has BW ever done something smart? Honestly at this point there is no hope for this game, it will be the next WAR.

Server transfers are not going to be like some hope they will be. Besides it is only a bandaid solution, a bit like trying to slow a tank with street rubber clinks installed on a downhill ice trail by throwing some sand in front of it. And those do slide on ice...I drove one in the Army..lol