Canon vs. Cannon: Definitions.

Canon: Something that is taken as True in a given situation/story.

Different Levels of Canon: George Lucas's thing.

Cannon: Weapon first built in ancient China; Large Portable Gun usually mounted onboard a ship or on inland battlements. Can also refer to any number of large field artillery pieces or hand-held weapons.

In Star Wars, Canon is what is true in the Star Wars Universe. Cannon is what the Commando carries into battle.

Now, maybe the misspellings will stop....

Yeah, not likely, but we can always hope. :p

Now, maybe the misspellings will stop....

Yeah, not likely, but we can always hope. :p

This...

Though something like canon can be chalked up to a simple typo, it's when people spell stuff like Vader or Windu wrong multiple times in a post that really makes me cringe.

This...

Though something like canon can be chalked up to a simple typo, it's when people spell stuff like Vader or Windu wrong multiple times in a post that really makes me cringe.

My faves in those departments are Vadar and Windex.

This...

Check your sig.

Sentinel not Sentinal.

cannon - a weapon used in field and sea battles. a devastating weapon used to sink ship and destroy battle lines

canon - a weapon used by GL to destroy starwars. no less devastating then the above mentioned cannon, this weapon has been used to destroy the hopes on dreams of millions of starwars fans

canon and cannon, both weapons used to spread misery

Edited by grandmthethird

cannon - a weapon used to in field and sea battles. a devastating weapon used to sink ship and destroy battle lines

canon - a weapon used by GL to destroy starwars. no less devastating then the above mentioned cannon, this weapon has been used to destroy the hopes on dreams of millions of starwars fans

canon and cannon, both weapons used to spread misery

Well said, sir.

lol, when I used to play Battlefront with my dad his profile was named "Macewindad". Back on topic, my pet peeve is "Obiwan". It's Obi-wan.

I keep thinking that if they made a M*A*S*H series based in Star Wars, they could have Vadar O'Reilly in there someplace. :rolleyes:

Would it be going too far to rant about the difference between "its" (third-person neuter possessive) vs. "It's" (contraction of "it is" or "it has")?

How about to/too/two? There/their/they're? You're/your/yore? Sight/site/cite?

And let's not get started about people who think "should've" == "should of"...

Would it be going too far to rant about the difference between "its" (third-person neuter possessive) vs. "It's" (contraction of "it is" or "it has")?

How about to/too/two? There/their/they're? You're/your/yore? Sight/site/cite?

And let's not get started about people who think "should've" == "should of"...

i'm part of a movement to abolish the apostrophe. in the following weeks, months, and years were are going to undermine the gramma nazis at every turn. and well win, because we have the darkside with us

(thinking about it, that might have made more sense, if i'd used apostrophe's).

i'm part of a movement to abolish the apostrophe. In the following weeks, months, and years were are going to undermine the gramma nazis at every turn. And well win, because we have the darkside with us

(thinking about it, that might have made more sense, if i'd used apostrophe's).

Epic fail.

Greetings everyone!

We appreciate the attempt to clear up any misunderstandings regarding the differences between Star Wars lore and weaponry. As that has been explained sufficiently, we are going to go ahead and close this thread!

Feel free to make a thread discussing the canon of cannons in Star Wars lore if you wish! :)