The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Feedback request from James Ohlen - potential future planets

StephenReid

For Dathomir, it is a major home for Rancors, A Sith Base, The Infinity Gate, and Also a lost base of the Rakata, this was WAY before the Night Sisters, although that whole story and history is awsome. Dathomir would be a great place to explore but unless BW comes up with a killer story on why we would be there IDK, I would rather see other places 1st.

Agreed but it was the planets environment and Dark side tangibility that made it so epic in SWG.

There are plenty of reasons to go to Dathomir and more than .... Ilum?

Imagine fighting Open-World PvP with Sith Temples and other objects as the objectives. Whiel fighting each other Imperial and Republic have to deal with Rancors and Grauls and whatever else they come up with for living there. I really like the whole dark purple / green swamp woodsy dangerous Sith Dark side planet idea.

Ilum was so generic Ice planet. We already have Hoth. It could be like Dromund Kaas but a lot darker and more jungle / woods theme I guess.

Edited by Zintair

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind seeing how Dantooine is doing after 300 years! Definitely Dantooine!

^This. My most memorable experience with KOTOR was landing on Dantooine and watching the manta rays fly overhead. It was a memorizing experience and one I would love to see again. It also had one of my favorite side quests in the game, where you had to solve the mystery of who shot whom. I would relish the opportunity to revisit the planet (and old Jedi enclave) again. Preferably as a full-fledged planet and not just a flashpoint/operation.

For variety, I'd really like some "non-planets" as quest zones like a Death Star/Space Station setting or a Cloud City. Again, as world quest zones not just Flashpoints/Class quests.

As for planets... Geonosis, Utapau, Byss, Dantooine. Maybe Coruscant and Dromund Kaas expanded for high levels to make the capitals better secondary hubs.

I like snow, but please, no more ice planets for awhile.

Edited by Vangarr

also starwars have to stick to cannon how many of those planets were around in 3000 bby? like endor was not discovered. naboo was around at this time,so was rori so this might be the best option

I could see Geonosis as a perfect, either open world PvP arena or a wz like battling several large creatures as well as PvP.

But definitely Kashyyyk, Dantooine, Yavin IV, maybe even planets like Mustafaar that are around in this timeline but don't really have a lot of story to them....oh and Naboo for Gungan hunting.

A planet in the Gree Enclave would be great, or even another mission involving them. The Gree droids on Coruscant and the Gree Computer just aren't enough :D

Any sort of water world would be high on my list as well (Glee Anselm, Manaan, Dac, etc). It seems to be one type that's really missing (I'm talking liquid water here, Hoth doesn't count ;) ).

I would like to see Onderon to see what it now looks like after the Exile was their. Also Dxun, maybe with a new possibal race Mando's? Telos to see if it ever got rebuilt. Dantooine to see the old jedi enclave where both jedi and sith can visit it. Last but not least kashyyyk, it would be nice to see the wookiee's.

It would be cool if player's are playing at night it shows night up as night time when their on a planet. Makes it feel more real, plus that's what WoW does they have a day and night verison. i think it would be cool but that's just my thought.

I want to see Nathema (aka Medriaas)

the homeworld of the Sith Emporer, Darth Vitiate

. After reading about it in the book "Revan", it has become a place that I desperately wish to see put in the game...not really a cheery world though, but I believe it is sort of a landmark in the Old Republic lore now that can help visually explain just how powerful the Sith Emporer truly is!

I would like to see Onderon to see what it now looks like after the Exile was their. Also Dxun, maybe with a new possibal race Mando's? Telos to see if it ever got rebuilt. Dantooine to see the old jedi enclave where both jedi and sith can visit it. Last but not least kashyyyk, it would be nice to see the wookiee's.

It would be cool if player's are playing at night it shows night up as night time when their on a planet. Makes it feel more real, plus that's what WoW does they have a day and night verison. i think it would be cool but that's just my thought.

Mnadolorian isn't a race its a culture and a system of respect so basically you can call yourself a mandolorian

Okie James I'm going to ask a question now and I want you to pause a minute and answer it.

You really want to take a sparce population and spread it even thinner over more locations so the player ends up feeling their playing a solo game??

Until you guys get to grips with the poor and fractured design of the games enviroment caused by having 'servers' rather than a actual MMO enviroment this shouldn't be considered IMHO.

And the resources to do such should be focused on far more pressing and basic issues in the game base design.

Later on perhaps absolutely but now well you gotta be kidding me.