Augmented Lightsaber builds

Bugattiboy

I just bought some [Augmented] sabers from the GTN and I want to know what the best build for sabers would be. Like what the best mod, enhancement, and augment.

What would be the best for PvE? And what would be the best for PvP?

Watchman build in case you're wondering.

Edited by Bugattiboy

It all depends on your current stats. There is no magic answer here. Some stats start to have diminishing returns after a while. I think the consensus is surge to 75%, crit between 25 - 30% and power the rest of the way. I believe that watchmen can get by with something like 95 - 100% accuracy.

I beleive those are the general numbers, how you get there is up to you, for pve anyways.

Edited by AidanLightwalker

Full War Hero will be somewhere close to 1300 expt for us with well over 1500 str. I would recomend power augments in all your crit crafted gear and switch the WH crystals to power ones as well.

Full War Hero will be somewhere close to 1300 expt for us with well over 1500 str. I would recomend power augments in all your crit crafted gear and switch the WH crystals to power ones as well.
There are expertise crystals out there ;)

Yeah lol they come in the war hero sabers, thats why i said swap them for power ones.

I think the point was, why would you swap out expertise for power? Expertise is FAR more important in pvp than power.

Edited by witelightnin

Never ever ever drop Exp for Power, that is a loss. The way it is calculated for Exp is if you go against someone with 21% bonus damage and they have 20% defense you get 1% bonus damage, Power is negated by Exp so you always want that percentage lead over players.

Use STR enhancements because you are never going to want to stack crit unless you are Combat specc'd, STR has a DR on crit but you wont hit it if you never stack crit so always stack STR because you can't get it in your enhancements but you can get power.

And yeah exchanging EXP is never worth it so don't.

Edited by Reinholt

Never ever ever drop Exp for Power, that is a loss. The way it is calculated for Exp is if you go against someone with 21% bonus damage and they have 20% defense you get 1% bonus damage, Power is negated by Exp so you always want that percentage lead over players.

Use STR enhancements because you are never going to want to stack crit unless you are Combat specc'd, STR has a DR on crit but you wont hit it if you never stack crit so always stack STR because you can't get it in your enhancements but you can get power.

And yeah exchanging EXP is never worth it so don't.

yup never ever sub out exp for pvp

yup never ever sub out exp for pvp

I will disagree here, if you do the math at 1300exp with 24.07% to damage if you drop exp to 1259 (bonus drops to 23.53%) and take up your power by 41 you will have a net increase in your dps.

the average number for dps in pvp for marauders is 1600 dps. so difference from 1300exp to 1259exp is 0.54%, which is 8.68dps that were losing

(using damage calculations from jedilace.com based on bonus damage gained from 41 power and marauder vicious slash coefficient) what you're gaining is 41 power and that translates to 10.17dps pre-crit and pre-expertise...so ignoring exp and just saying we have 25% crit and 70% surge...that 10.17dps (which is higher than the 8.68dps gained from exp already) becomes 11.94dps

thats a gain of 3.26dps. you can argue defensive bonus from the exp but were marauders...defense is not primary.

I do say though that the max I would take out is the two saber exp and the one relic for the one that procs 180 internal dmg every 4 secs...the rest should be exp. with full wh gear you should be at 1200 with those 3 modifications.

Edit: also i disagree that augments should be STR, if you look at the STR vs PWR gains after 1450 STR you will see that you'll gain more dps by stacking PWR. Its helpful to play around with a spreadsheet that has all the stat gains and damage calculation formulas ect and you'll see what im talking about.

Edited by thebad
1259 exp not 1258

I will disagree here, if you do the math at 1300exp with 24.07% to damage if you drop exp to 1259 (bonus drops to 23.53%) and take up your power by 41 you will have a net increase in your dps.

the average number for dps in pvp for marauders is 1600 dps. so difference from 1300exp to 1259exp is 0.54%, which is 8.68dps that were losing

(using damage calculations from jedilace.com based on bonus damage gained from 41 power and marauder vicious slash coefficient) what you're gaining is 41 power and that translates to 10.17dps pre-crit and pre-expertise...so ignoring exp and just saying we have 25% crit and 70% surge...that 10.17dps (which is higher than the 8.68dps gained from exp already) becomes 11.94dps

thats a gain of 3.26dps. you can argue defensive bonus from the exp but were marauders...defense is not primary.

I do say though that the max I would take out is the two saber exp and the one relic for the one that procs 180 internal dmg every 4 secs...the rest should be exp. with full wh gear you should be at 1200 with those 3 modifications.

Edit: also i disagree that augments should be STR, if you look at the STR vs PWR gains after 1450 STR you will see that you'll gain more dps by stacking PWR. Its helpful to play around with a spreadsheet that has all the stat gains and damage calculation formulas ect and you'll see what im talking about.

I dont see how you can say you disregard the defensive bonus. The main thing that makes this class so powerful is its survivability which allow us to do much more dps. Every awesome sentinel I see on my server is using the expertise crystal and not power.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.