Annihilation PVP Guide

Boovi

Thanks again Jayti, love your videos!

Question: How do feel about carnage after 1.2?

Question: Deception Asassain, do you have one? What is your opinion of them? I am leveling a Deception, and a Mara, .. trying to find my place in one of them.

keep the vids coming!

Question: Deception Asassain, do you have one? What is your opinion of them? I am leveling a Deception, and a Mara, .. trying to find my place in one of them.

keep the vids coming!

Carnage got a huge buff. If you enjoy that play style then you can definitely be viable in warzones.

Marauders and assassins are both really good right now, so just play whichever one you like more.

keep the vids coming!

Carnage is still far too squishy to be pre-eminent until 8 man queues are implemented. It's a useful spec on the whole, but at this point, if I'm honest, when I see a Carnage Marauder or equivalent Sentinel (easily spotted due to unique animations) I see a free kill.

So long as you can't count on precise coordination between all 8 players, the survivability and lower uptime requirements of Annihilation make it the go-to choice.

Carnage is not sufficiently better at healer-humping or burst to offset the loss of very potent self-heals when you can't count coordinated play and a healer watching out for you. If Anni's bleeds are spam-cleansed, you're taking up 25-33% of an enemy healer's cooldowns,which is still a non-trivial team contribution, otherwise you're dealing massive amounts of difficult-to-mitigate damage.

Hi XScott,

I play an Assassin (Rank 81 / 3 parts of War Hero equip)

My opinion is that Deception Assassins are too squishy. You can play one in the wz's - but only if you have a personal medic. If you play often without a personal healer I would recommend that you play a Darkness/Madness hybrid. There are a lot of really important pvp skills in the darkness tree. (e.g. force pull / spike without invis) You have a lot more survivability as darkness compared to deception.

I kill every deception assassin without any problems. They can do a lot of damage, but they have really no chance of survival if you have decent gear.

This was the exact reason why i logged onto the forums today. Respeccing because i have been so disspointed by carnage. Can someone make a detailed guide as to when to use your defensive cd's? Ive been using cloak of pain and saberward at the same time :rak_02:

I think the biggest thing you are missing from your guide is talking about obfuscate. I can tell largely about the skill of other marauders based on when they use it and what they do when it's done to them.

This is a good point. Obfuscate / pacify can be really awesome when used at the right time. I'll put it in the sentinel guide for sure.

Why would there be?

Keybindings are for what suits you. If you have to be told what they should be, they don't really suit you.

there are tons of guides for keybinding, i just can't find one specific for this spec at the moment.

Its the same as the ui. its completely subjective but some people still share theirs.

Hi @ all,

I have a question about Anni and Rage Marauders in pvp.

I really like Anni Maras. I like the playstyle and so on. But a lot of people I play with, say I should specc into Rage. It makes more damage and it's overall a better pvp specc.

So, what do you professional maras say?

I'd say they are wrong. Rage spec CAN do more damage, but then again, so can Carnage. It all depends on the situation. As far as being useful, these days I'd put Rage 3rd on the list as the "best" PVP tree. Annihilation is still #1, in my opinion, due to the survivability and overall DPS. I'd put Carnage at #2 simply because of Unbound. Rage still remains a 1-trick pony. It's fun to Smash folks and do big damage on multiple people, but that is what you HAVE to do for the spec to be useful. Try defending/taking a node one-on-one as Rage vs. Annihilation and you'll find that the single-target damage and baby heals in Annihilation are tough to ignore.