Maurader = heal/stealth/epic dmg/invincibility (6 in 1 wz, Really?)

whitescorpion

Seriously? Really? I have been pretty much supporting Swtor for the past 5+ months about how it will be better, and will get better... But when u are going up against almost a full group of FOTM cuz of thier dmg/invincibility/healing/stealth... *** BW...

Still not sure whether i wanna continue to play or not...

I just want some feedback on what BW is going to do to balance classes...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? Really? I have been pretty much supporting Swtor for the past 5+ months about how it will be better, and will get better... But when u are going up against almost a full group of FOTM cuz of thier dmg/invincibility/healing/stealth... *** BW...

That trash you are throwing in and hoping someone will take you seriously? Seriously? Really? :eek:

That trash you are throwing in and hoping someone will take you seriously? Seriously? Really? :eek:

so wait you saying they don't heal, don't have 99% damage reduction, don't have a 5 second stealth escape, and don't do high damage

wait what

of course they do so what trash was he throwing in

so wait you saying they don't heal, don't have 99% damage reduction, don't have a 5 second stealth escape, and don't do high damage

wait what

This thread was meant to make maras respond to it. Obviously maras want to defend their class, because if it gets nerfed it'd be useless thought, it's funny to see a class that is overpowered defending its class "aka" - the people that play the class won't complain about the class, if commando did 8k damage every grav round hands down, that's main damage - everyone would die easily, focus them all the time but commandos wouldn't complain about their class being over powered because they play it. They like being stronger than anyone else, having the advantage...you can expect a heap of maras responding to this and telling you their class isn't over powered.

What is maras typical damage? Battlemaster to battlemaster? I've experienced it. Their typical damage consiste of back to back numbers literally overlapping each other on screen so - 2000, 2400, 500 500, 1000, 3000

What is a commandos typical damage? Battlemaster to battlemaster? I've experienced it. Their typical damage consist of numbers not overlapping, single numbers such as - Grav round 1.3 cast - 3000 unload? <-- forgot the name 1500 unless crit 2500 each tick /// lets not forget there's a lot of classes that can cancel them out

Juggernaugts typical damage? Lol, just guard someone and you'll do fine ;)

Snipers? I never see them sorry. Anyways you guys get the picture.

Edited by krazi

This thread was meant to make maras respond to it.

Im playing operative. Highest (lvl 41) alt is sniper. But im tired of idiocy overwhelming this forums. My signature says how i think about this game, but its not the reason for supporting exaggeration and lie i see in almost every nerf thread for last few weeks.

Edited by Maxkardinal

Im playing operative. Highest (lvl 41) alt is sniper. But im tired of idiocy overwhelming this forums. My signature says how i think about this game, but its not the reason for supporting exaggeration and lie i see in almost every nerf thread for last few weeks.

Ah well, funny youtube. What was the purpose? :\

Edit: LOL, after completely watching it. I see, I see

Edited by krazi

You forgot to mention their 6 second interups too.

wait what

You forgot about root on force leap/force charge and transcendancy/predation.

For those of you who try to defend marauder/sentinel:

Have you ever played against 7 sentinels + 1 random sage?

Have you ever been rooted for 10+ seconds?

Have you ever seen the opposing team running with 50% speed increase half of the game (this one is which bothers me most)?

Doesnt a group of five or six of anything present its own issues to deal with? What if you had 5/6 healers on a team? Or commandos? Isnt the fact you are seeing more Marauders themselves irrelevant?

I have been on an occasional team with 3 other Marauders and guess what? No one uses their group buffs or force powers during the match, so in the end its how players use team composition. And we didnt gang up. And Marauders have extremely limited recovery options, so a team of dps should technically be the easiet to beat if you have a well balanced team.

Have you ever seen the opposing team running with 50% speed increase half of the game (this one is which bothers me most)?

Yeah. It's amazing.

Seeing a whole team run over to another point before you even have time to blink.

Edited by Tiaa

so wait you saying they don't heal,

Only Watchmen spec has healing capabilities and it only procs when burn effects crit.

don't have 99% damage reduction

For 5 seconds on a moderate cooldown that costs 50% of current health.

don't have a 5 second stealth escape

Actually it lasts 4 seconds, unless spec'd Watchman then it lasts 6 seconds.

and don't do high damage

Umm...duh! The class is pure DPS. Each tree they have is DPS. They sacrifice utility if they chose to be a Sent/Mara. They will never tank in PVE, the will never heal in PVE, they will never do anything in PVE except CC robots, give minor buffs to party members and do DPS. They better have high damage, since that is the basics of the class.

Edited by iiell

Get this man a tissue!

Doesnt a group of five or six of anything present its own issues to deal with? What if you had 5/6 healers on a team? Or commandos? Isnt the fact you are seeing more Marauders themselves irrelevant?

I have been on an occasional team with 3 other Marauders and guess what? No one uses their group buffs or force powers during the match, so in the end its how players use team composition. And we didnt gang up. And Marauders have extremely limited recovery options, so a team of dps should technically be the easiet to beat if you have a well balanced team.

5/6 healers in a game will not be able to do much at all. Even having 4 healers on a team usually ends in their loss. 6 commandos can be interrupted easily to negate their damage (marauders have 6 second interrupts plus their force leap). 6 gunslingers would be destroyed since they are too squishy. 6 assassins pose a problem because of their utility and force speed to reinforce points or run the ball. and 6 marauders pose a big problem because of their invulnerability.

qq l2p

mara isnt op without a good healer

wz isnt 1v1

Translation: I have a marauder and I dont wanna get nerfed. It's a l2p issue even though overnight I went from a keyboard turning/ability clicking/objective ignoring r'tard to "skilled" in one patch. So yah bro l2p.:cool:

I'll leave this suggestion here. In my opinion a realistic, balanced adjustment that can be made to Marauders/Sentinels while still retaining their strengths:

Increase the cooldown of Force Camo to 90 seconds - 4 seconds of stealth (or 6 if its feated) while having a 30% (50% if feated) increase to your movement speed is huge. Having that OH CRAP!!! button so frequently available is a bit much.

Increase the cooldown of Undying Rage/Guarded by the Force to 3 minutes but have it only cost 25% of their health - Marauders/Sentinels do the right amount of damage but being able to do that kind damage relatively unchecked for a 5 second window is also a smidge much (you can tell the REALLY bad Marauders are the ones who only engage the enemy every 90 seconds. . . . hmmmmm?)

These two changes are all that is needed to balance the class. Besides that players simply need to learn when to use their snares if a Marauder/Sentinel gets on them, not to mention help a teammate out with a well placed Taunt if they see a Marauder/Sentinel hulking out.

Edited by Madeira

Marauder's are OP'd in PVP... at the high levels. With a lot of work.

PVE, Marauders are incredibly painful to solo. I know this, because I've levelled a sentinel, and they have inferior companions to Marauders. Without all the cooldowns they have at higher levels, and without knowing HOW to use them, you fail. Only the skilled or the determined can really pull it off, and I am very determined to make my first 50 a sentinel.

The fact that it was fixed in 1.2 and didn't get nerfed had all sorts of pathetic people rushing over to play it, and while they don't have skill, they are pretty determined, and will dominate PVP. My worry is that the lack of PVE viability they have now is going to get utterly broken by the neccesary PVP nerfs. Why can't Bioware just buff everything else, nerfs every patch with few buffs is not healthy for a new game.

Get this man a tissue!

I think you missed my point. While 1 or 2 marauders in team can cause enough damage and be a pain in the *** for opposing team, they can be dealt with. Im not complaining or thinking that one single marauder is that overpowered. Multiple marauders are overpowered. More marauders = more predation/transcendancy uptime per game for the entire team. Im ok with temporal speedboost (even for entire team) for 10 seconds every 2 or 3 minutes, but Im not ok with speedboost being up for half of the game. Also, Im not ok with root effect being not affected by resolve or some kind of diminishing returns (Im talking about chain force charging).