Ok really stop complaining

Draginelf

Healers this goes to every class ops/scoundrels sages/inqis mercs/commando's whats ever you say that healing is no good in Pve are either not trying and asking to be handed over power healz so that you just sit there and press 3 buttons ****.

I play a scoundrel lvl'd as a healer to 50. Before 1.2 it was very challenging and in 1.2 dev's made a few changes but not to make us too overpowering which I enjoy the challenge of healing in Operations. I do not pvp cause i'm a storymode kinda guy so i can't really talk about that. But if i start to pvp i'll let you all know how i feel about it too.

In my operations team i run with a sage and let me tell you both of us are decently geared and working great we do a EV run in less then an two hours now. We don't complain we have found or ways to heal with our classes to work with each other not against saying "omg your so OP then i am" cause one were adults and we do our job and HEAL.

i forget what post it was that some says "it takes a special person to heal in the game now" reading these boards everyday and all i see is complaints with really nothing in ways for help to fix it. These complaints should be turned into help me cause i must be doing something wrong and i want to be better. I'm sure that some other gamer here would have that answer or maybe even a developer just catching the thread can answer you too.

Oh yeah and i'm also lvling a commando straight healing to prove to you people its not broken its just a different play style then what most healers from other mmo's are used to.

Happy healing and have fun its what this game is for.:wea_02:

Healers this goes to every class ops/scoundrels sages/inqis mercs/commando's whats ever you say that healing is no good in Pve are either not trying and asking to be handed over power healz so that you just sit there and press 3 buttons ****.

I play a scoundrel lvl'd as a healer to 50. Before 1.2 it was very challenging and in 1.2 dev's made a few changes but not to make us too overpowering which I enjoy the challenge of healing in Operations. I do not pvp cause i'm a storymode kinda guy so i can't really talk about that. But if i start to pvp i'll let you all know how i feel about it too.

In my operations team i run with a sage and let me tell you both of us are decently geared and working great we do a EV run in less then an two hours now. We don't complain we have found or ways to heal with our classes to work with each other not against saying "omg your so OP then i am" cause one were adults and we do our job and HEAL.

So basically you're saying that those of us that have gone and collected the data, experienced endgame in both PvP and PvE (including Nightmare thanks), have crunched numbers, have politely and calmly redressed our grievances to the developers and tried to share with our fellow healers on a public forum what exactly is wrong don't have a leg to stand on? Even though by your own admission you haven't done...well any of those things?

Right. Okay. Please stop. Prior to 1.2 a lot of us stood up for Operatives because your class needed help, and now that the focus has shifted elsewhere (P.S. Operatives STILL need help), you're not willing to bear our burdens? Please stop giving other members of your class a bad name by making me regret speaking out on your behalf.

i forget what post it was that some says "it takes a special person to heal in the game now" reading these boards everyday and all i see is complaints with really nothing in ways for help to fix it. These complaints should be turned into help me cause i must be doing something wrong and i want to be better. I'm sure that some other gamer here would have that answer or maybe even a developer just catching the thread can answer you too.

Oh yeah and i'm also lvling a commando straight healing to prove to you people its not broken its just a different play style then what most healers from other mmo's are used to.

Then you aren't reading the boards very carefully. Countless people have explained in careful detail why 1.2 is such a disaster ranging from bad math (see: Combat Medics Trauma Probe/Kolto Shell) to reduction in skill variance, to outright abysmal communication from the dev team. You might not see the fixes anymore because the healer community as a whole put up a lot of great feedback prior to 1.2, and it all got roundly ignored. If you really think this is fun, then great! That's awesome! However, some of us feel that being robbed of the ability to make meaningful decisions and have any real impact on the outcome of a fight outside of "run an optimum rotation, and if everyone else performs perfectly, and we're appropriately geared, we'll win", and seeing as most of us are still (regretfully it seems) paying customers, we're still entitled to air our grievances, because, and here's the real kicker: SOME OF US STILL WANT TO PLAY. I, personally, have moved on, but the Star Wars franchise is a playground ALL of us have dreamed of playing on for a long long time, so people are trying to improve the quality of the game so that they may fulfill that fantasy.

If you find nothing of use to read here, then please, move on. It is worth noting however, that threads with questions about how to heal even post 1.2 crop up frequently. They also drop off quickly because they are usually answered quickly, concisely, and with links to the relevant data.

I do not pvp cause i'm a storymode kinda guy so i can't really talk about that. But if i start to pvp i'll let you all know how i feel about it too.

Then you should stop complaining about people complaining. You came here to tell us how we complain about something you never experienced? Really?

Being adult is of great importance in this thread I see...You can keep on pointing that out how long you want I don't get impression you are, tho. Maybe when it comes to age.

Yeah, your help has been noted.

Good for you. Maybe, after 5 years you can come and tell us how Hardmode, Nightmare and PVP (wz, duels) feels like. You make me feel like setting my computer on fire. Next time try to use some basic grammar, will you? For an adult you sure make eyes bleed. (Eng is not even my language)

-----

Yep, and people - like this guy is - come and talk...I bet he is an "experienced mmo player". :rolleyes:

Why!

Ppl really need to learn to not base on story mode >_>

Dude we 6 manned Jorg and Sorno with 1 healer and tank, obviously the healer and tank are both soooooooo OP cause SM is pro. Cause HM and NMM are totally as difficult as SM, if you have gear!

I like the OP, he's funny.

we aren't complaining that healing is impossible to do, we're complaining its boring

We have like 4 abilities and that's it

I wish I had at least 10 for varying situations with varying cooldowns - but that isn't going to happen

p.s healing storymode is a joke I can solo heal it, heck I've healed hm's basically solo, just had a hybrid help out

My guild downed ev nightmare mode in 57 minutes

seriously you can have a juggernaut or gunslinger heal you through storymode (yes ik they cant heal, thats the joke)

p.s.s I just want to let me fellow bro merc healers out there you had our back when we were down and now we have your back. Fix merc healing, seriously it needs help bioware

Edited by Riggz

Its more the fact that they nerfed healing because they were to lazy to fix content. Certain healers after playing all were hit harder then others (Comm's/Merc's) and are now just blah. Thats my opinion and just because yours is different does not make yours right.

A company should never nerf a class because they are to lazy to improve content. Before you argue yes BW admitted that it was easier to nerf then to actually do their jobs.

If you don't like to read the negative (that far exceed the positive) posts don't read the forums or the posts, just carry on doing what your doing and continue to let BW ruin classes because they can't be bothered to put some effort into their game.

So stop defending the changes (see how that works).

I'll chime in here. I've been a supporting player since EQ launched.

I've played other MMOs for years, EQ2, DDO, LotRO, WoW, the list goes on.

From my experience, the healing in this game is currently sub-par in comparison to other games of its genre right now. The big one being WoW. There is a fluidity missing in SW:ToR's healing system, and while the developers have made attempts to make the role "fun", I have to tell you (and this is coming from a life-long healer) I have decided to simply respec my characters to DPS or Tanking specs in this game.

With some of the recent changes, I have also found that many classes can easily dispatch a healer one on one. In PvP situations this should not be the case. If a healer can't even keep themselves alive when going toe to toe with one opponent, then there is no real reason to be healing. In fact, in this case, playing as a healer will only serve to burden your own team.

I'm no pro, but I've always done quite well in PvP, be they large scale, sandbox (arenas), or 1v1, but in this game it may not be worth it.

First off pve healing isnt easy pve in genral is easy so healing is not a issue there. Pve healing is not the issue of not being doable its just not any fun or engaging.

Healing in pvp is the exact oposite broken. Primarily bh heals are very bad then sorcs and even ops need a little more luv still.

Pve is preset and predetermined damage and once you do it once after thats its easy everytime. Pvp is opposite its never the same resources r used until drained nothing stops until u run out. Pve u heal a tank 80% of time raid the rest unless u have assignments then u focus on one only. Pvp targets can be focued by 8 people and swapped immediately so healers need to be able to save 3 to 4 people being rotated on by a group of atleast 4 dps/tank/whatevr is attacking them. Healers in pvp cant keep up themseves and one or two people for a short time hardly thru 3 focused bursts. Bh healers cant even 1v1 nontheless heal anyone else. Sorcs if focused become only self healers. Even ops need a buff as expertise damage skyrockets. Changes need to be made 1.3 is the be all end all or myself personally. Alot people already hitthat point with 1.2 and alot are barely hanging on to playing. 98% of serers are low pop just like 98% of players are not happy on these forums.

Edited by Masturomenos

If all you do is storymodes you know NOTHING about healing. So stop trying to spread wisdom you don't have.

Exactly. Considering bioware nerfed medpacks because they were too powerful of heals in pve and broke content so pve healing is not some amazing thing that takes work. Once u down a boss you heal the raid everytime after the xact same way. In pvp you heal one person one way and the next second you have to heal anoher player a different way.

Again healing or dps or tankin isnt easy by themselves in pve. Pve itself is easy and makes everything easy you do to complte it. If you can do rainbow road in mario kart u can complete any pve content in this game.

Healing is broken in pvp and bioware builds the game like pvp and pve are the same. Which again leads to even more issues.

Since the beginning the game and the advertising and interviews all said pvp was equal to pve in terms of dev focus. Bioware even made a pvp only area which most mmos never even make for their games. So the pvp community has been screwed over again and again. 1.2not only took away the pvp zon, broke pvp class balance specially healing and pure melee dps and the one thing pvpers looked forward too ranked wzs was pulled hours before launch.

I dont care what anyone says to make a point supporting bioware in regards to pvp because bioware has proven they cant nd wont deliver on what they said they would. The few pvpers left will be gone come 1.3 im sure many arent waiting for it to go live they are simply waitin for the patch notes snce bioware again with their non working and broken ptr wont change anything from the testing the community does.

Edited by Masturomenos

Healers this goes to every class ops/scoundrels sages/inqis mercs/commando's whats ever you say that healing is no good in Pve are either not trying and asking to be handed over power healz so that you just sit there and press 3 buttons.

You have totally missed the point. Most reasonable healers agree that all three are "viable" in PVE. They are not balanced in output, but they are viable. And most of us are asking for the mechanics to be made more challenging, not simplified to 3 buttons. I could easily make a macro for my healing now and just press one button because there are very few meaningful decisions to be made after 1.2.

You have totally missed the point. Most reasonable healers agree that all three are "viable" in PVE. They are not balanced in output, but they are viable. And most of us are asking for the mechanics to be made more challenging, not simplified to 3 buttons. I could easily make a macro for my healing now and just press one button because there are very few meaningful decisions to be made after 1.2.

Omg i can only imagine if macros were allowed. The healing would consist of one button. Already i find myself having to fill most of my time as a bh healer with rapid shots. Bioware didnt give the game auto attack but somehow decided that healrs needed it. When will bioware learn that having 6 heals and 3 of them being useless really only means u have 3 heals.

Seriously i mean before 1.2 i had kolto shell and scg after 1.2 i hvent even used them since they only lead to me being less effiient and hold my healing back. Thats just one example frm one of my pvp healers. I can list for every healing class more abilties i cant and dont use then abilities i actually use. I have more fun with my dps rotation as a healer then my healing rotation. So not only is pvp healing useless and completely shutdown once a healer is focused but its also painstakingly boring and non of the abilities even work off eachother.

I mean sorcs supposedly had a broken mechanic before 1.2 imo that was the only intresting mechanic any healer class even had. I mean bioware made healing more fun when they coded sorcs the wrng way then when they coded them the right way or i mean bioware way.

Pvp is about winning or losing based on the players decisions not because of bad development by bioware.

A recruit whos fighting a bm player should lose if the bm player has a advantage and the recruit makes a bad decision. Right now a recruit will lose to a bm player regardless of who makes the right or wrong decision in their playstyle.

Ttk is way too low and needs to be doubled. You cant have mssive and grand pvp matches and wz or world fights that consist of people dying 5 seconds after they buff up. Until players can cycle thru their entire toolset or run out of resources then ttk is too low. I dont understand why people support a game with a playstyle that you can be killed by one or two players before you use up 70% of your resources. You should be able to go thru all ur cc and all ur cds and abilities before dying. Since a good pvper isnt judged by how many cds they push or burst they have in the first 5 seconds of a fight. Rather good pvprs are the ones who know what to do when u used all ur cds and are at 30% resources left. Thats when a good player has a chance to shine.

Healing needs buffed not only to pre 1.2 but even more. Dps needs to be useful other then as ranged since right now the only good melee dps is a tanks dps. Tanks just need a little damage nerf they are fine living long and being great guards they do not need a nerf to survivability since nerfing their damage reduction onl hurts them but by buffing healing u fix healers and pure dps specs time to live. Again why nerf a tank and still have broken heals and dps when u can buff heals and fix dps and healer ac's.

This game has less players and less world zones then it did a couple months ago. So please tell me bioware supporters how is that working as intended?

Full Rakata BH Healer here, been healing since Beta, had a 50 in beta... seen the full evolution of this class.

Let me tell you in so many words "They, kicked, us, in, the, NUTS!"

This class at best has to be carried now by a Sorc/Op healer.

The AOE buff they gave us is a joke when in full Rakata it procs for AT BEST ON A CRIT 2k

on average it will hit for 1k..... so 4 targets..... 1k each..... that is a 4k heal split into 4 people..... how the hell does that add up into an AOE heal....

aside from the brutal and swift kick they did to all our Heat mechanics along with healing %.... they pretty much killed BH Healing outside of PVP... and even in PVP if we are being mugged on with no guard.... we melt.

A simple truth OP that you cant deny is that the general healing community is upset.... when that happens it isnt some pie in the sky myth that healing is broken, clearly THERE is an issue here that needs to be looked at.

Edited by Aluo

A simple truth OP that you cant deny is that the general healing community is upset.... when that happens it isnt some pie in the sky myth that healing is broken, clearly THERE is an issue here that needs to be looked at.

don't worry guys, GZ has his metrics, and the classes are now exactly where they should be.

Merc bodyguard, Op medicine, and Sorc corruption are FINALLY balanced to do the same DPS

wait, what?! this isn't a console game, and it's not all about dps?! well hell, that means these metrics are useless?! screw that, if we admit that, we'll get $hitcanned!

I've read posts by healers complaining but still cannot put together what they are complaining about vs what is in game.

My guild runs with me as a merc healer and we have a sorc healer. Before 1.2 I had a spec and style that i healed with and found no problems with heat management or trying to stay on top of everyone's health. The only time we wiped was due to learning the fights.

Now after 1.2 I still use the same spec and I heal the same as I did and I still have no heating issues, nor am I having any problems keeping people topped up.

Our Sorc reports nearly the same thing, they have however had to do some minor adjustments to their healing style but other then that business as usual as it was before 1.2.

I guess it comes down to learning to play the class a bit differently then you used to.

I've read posts by healers complaining but still cannot put together what they are complaining about vs what is in game.

My guild runs with me as a merc healer and we have a sorc healer. Before 1.2 I had a spec and style that i healed with and found no problems with heat management or trying to stay on top of everyone's health. The only time we wiped was due to learning the fights.

Now after 1.2 I still use the same spec and I heal the same as I did and I still have no heating issues, nor am I having any problems keeping people topped up.

Our Sorc reports nearly the same thing, they have however had to do some minor adjustments to their healing style but other then that business as usual as it was before 1.2.

I guess it comes down to learning to play the class a bit differently then you used to.

Are you trying nightmare mode fights or hm EC? Because everything else is laughably easy.

soooooo.. pre 1.2, you never used the SCC->HS->RS->HS->RS->etc?

stop lying..

soooooo.. pre 1.2, you never used the SCC->HS->RS->HS->RS->etc?

stop lying..

Nope never used that rotation and realistically I have no set rotation. If I need to do some heavy healing, I will go Healing scan, rapid scan (rapid scan again if needed) and then when they are around 80% will start spamming them with rapid shots. If there are more then 2 around each other that needs some healing I'll throw Kolto Missile at them and follow with rapid shots.

Throughout a fight I will continue to spam rapid shots even between throwing around Rapid scan. This is what I had done pre 1.2 and I do it now.

Edit, correct me if I am wrong but Healing scan has a 6 second CD and with that a rotation of HS, RS, HS, RS would be impossible unless you are sitting there waiting for HS to come off the CD and doing nothing while waiting.

Edited by Fizbanic

Nope never used that rotation and realistically I have no set rotation. If I need to do some heavy healing, I will go Healing scan, rapid scan (rapid scan again if needed) and then when they are around 80% will start spamming them with rapid shots. If there are more then 2 around each other that needs some healing I'll throw Kolto Missile at them and follow with rapid shots.

Throughout a fight I will continue to spam rapid shots even between throwing around Rapid scan. This is what I had done pre 1.2 and I do it now.

so, i have to ask..

how did you heal XRR-3?

unless you're storymode only? which i guess would explain things.

that, or you are completely reliant upon the sorc to do most of the healing, and you're just healing the tanks?